Chapter 10
2.4k 7 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10. Never give up (2)

"She got pregnant? You mean that type of 'pregnant'?"

"I only know one type of pregnant."

Kim Dongsu said as he sighed.

Lee Hyun was really surprised hearing that. He lowered his head and thought about it.

'Pregnancy for an idol is a pretty big thing. It must have been a big issue five years ago.'

Idols are even prevented from dating. They even had a dating clause in their contracts. In that case, a sudden pregnancy is more than just a big issue.

Lee Hyun once again tried to think about any information he had heard about Lee Hyerin, but there was nothing.

"So, what happened to Apple mint?"

Lee Hyerin had retired because of her sudden pregnancy. It must have halted the activities of Apple mint.

"It was a sudden and big blow to them. They were on the verge of getting disbanded after that, but they continued on. Still, their popularity died down and the members went to other agencies after their contract ended."

"They must blame Lee Hyerin then."

Kim Dongsu nodded his head.

What happened with Lee Hyerin affected her group negatively. She was the one in the wrong here.

"So, why is Lee Hyerin making a comeback? Isn't she happy with her family now?"

"No, she got a divorce last year."

Lee Hyun was again surprised hearing that. She gave up her career for her kid and husband, but she divorced him in the end.

He felt that there was more to this story.

"Why is that?"

"Well, it turns out that her husband was cheating on her. When she found out, she took her daughter and immediately filed a divorce."

"Now, she is trying to make a comeback."

Kim Dongsu slowly nodded his head.

Hearing all that, Lee Hyun wondered why Nike Entertainment signed her again.

It was probably because they wanted to use Lee Hyerin to cover some of the losses they had when Apple mint disbanded.

Or it can be some other reason, but Lee Hyun has no way of knowing.

"Do you think her comeback would be successful?"

"Honestly, it's hard to say. Idols in their 30s are often seen as reality show judges unless they are extremely popular. It's extremely hard for Lee Hyerin to make a successful comeback in the ocean of younger idols."

"Yeah."

Lee Hyun nodded his head.

'If she had made a successful comeback, then I would have at least heard of her name.'

He thought quietly in his head.

It was most likely that Lee Hyerin had failed her comeback as he doesn't remember her in his memories.

'This time, she is using my song. I wonder how it would affect her.'

At the same time, Lee Hyun wondered if his song would be able to make her failure into a success.

"So, when will the meeting be held?"

Lee Hyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's actually tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Isn't it too soon?"

"Well, the sooner it is, the faster we will get our money."

That was also true. Anyway, it was not like Lee Hyun needed time to prepare for the meeting.

It was okay even if the meeting was today.

"By the way, wear presentable clothes when you go there tomorrow."

"What do you mean by presentable clothes?"

Lee Hyun looked down on his clothes and asked. He was currently wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans.

"I mean, don't go in your current attire. At least, put on a good looking jacket or something. You are representing our agency when you go there. You can't look shabby."

He finally understood what Kim Dongsu was trying to say.

Lee Hyun always used to wear simple and comfortable clothes, but now he was the President, he has to wear good looking clothes to show himself better.

"I will take care of that."

He thought that he should go shopping later.

His current clothes don't suit the image of a President at all. He should also buy a gift for his mother as her birthday was coming soon.


"Never give up, even when you are in trouble…"

"Just stand up again, push through your difficulties…"

"Never give up…"

In the practice room, Lee Hyerin was listening to a song alone.

The song was very bright and it gave her a clear feeling, motivating her that no matter what, she can't give up.

Motivation was something she really needed currently.

Listened to the song, she pondered on her current situation. She was the happiest woman in the world just last year.

She has a loving husband and a cute daughter.

But suddenly, it had all come crashing down on her. She had found her husband sleeping with a younger woman.

It was a shocking sight to see her husband, who she thought loved her, with another woman turning and tossing around in bed.

Lee Hyerin had immediately filed for a divorce after that and taken custody of her daughter.

But she needed money to live.

The alimony money was just not enough. So, she decided to start her career again. It was a hard decision for her, but she has decided to do it because of her daughter.

'I will succeed for my daughter.'

Lee Hyerin thought and motivated herself again.

At that moment, the door to the practice room opened and a middle aged woman with bob cut hair entered.

"Hyerin, I was looking for you all over the place."

"Ah, unnie."

Lee Hyerin stopped the song and took out her headphones. Then, she looked at the woman.

She was older than her in age and she was also her manager.

"Why were you looking for me?"

Lee Hyerin asked as she stood up.

"I just got notified that there would be a meeting tomorrow to choose the title song for your comeback album tomorrow."

"But I already told the director that I want to go with 'Never give up'."

The woman sighed and shook her head. She hesitated before finally opening her mouth.

"It's Producer Park. He was dissatisfied that his song didn't get selected as the title song. He has an argument with the director and they called a meeting because of that."

Lee Hyerin frowned when she heard that.

Producer Park was the top music producer in Nike Entertainment. He was arrogant because of that and Lee Hyerin didn't like him much.

"Sigh! I didn't like this song."

"Just say that in the meeting tomorrow. By the way, the composer of Never give up would be attending the meeting too."

"Huh?"

Lee Hyerin was surprised hearing that.

She really liked Never give up and in her heart, she wondered what type of person wrote this song.

'I will see him tomorrow.'

She felt slightly excited thinking that.

"I wonder how he looks."

Lee Hyerin blurted out and the woman tilted her head and asked in a mischievous manner.

"Why? Are you interested in him?"

"No! It's more like I'm interested in his song. I want to know what type of person wrote that song."

Honestly, Lee Hyerin was not interested in dating currently. She wanted to focus on her daughter and her career at the moment.

"Anyway, his naming sense is definitely… weird. Who named himself 'Midas'? Either he is too confident in his songs or he just felt like it's a cool name."

The woman said as she slightly frowned and Lee Hyerin tilted her head. She asked after a while.

"What's wrong with Midas?"

"It looks like you don't know."

Lee Hyerin shook her head, implying that she really didn't know.

The woman began to explain.

"The name Midas came from King Midas who was said to make anything he touches into gold. Naming himself basically means that he is exclaiming that all of his songs are golds."

"Ah."

Lee Hyerin finally understood.

For some reason, she didn't feel like the composer was too over confident by naming himself Midas.

She only felt more curiosity.

'I don't know about other songs, but Never give up is certainly gold.'

She thought in her mind as she began to anticipate her meeting with him.

48