Chapter 23
2.2k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23. Girl group? (2)

The next day, Lee Hyun took a day off from work.

It was unusual for him to take a day off suddenly when there was a lot of work to do, but there was a reason behind it.

It was because of his mother's birthday!

After regressing to the past, Lee Hyun had avoided his mother like a plague, giving excuses every time his brother asked him to meet her.

One thing was that he was setting up Mango Entertainment and the other thing was that he wanted to surprise her.

His relationship with his mother was a complicated one in his past life.

This time, he didn't want to make the same mistakes. That's why he has focused on setting up Mango Entertainment first.

He wondered how his mother would react when he would tell her about it and at the same time, he felt nervousness.

He was meeting her after a long time and it was in the past too.

Lee Hyun doesn't even remember his mother's young face, but as soon as he entered her room, his eyes widened and he was overcome by several emotions.

"Hyun!"

His mother, Lee Miyun, raised her head
when she heard the sound of the door opening.

Seeing her son, a smile formed on her lips.

"Mother."

Lee Hyun quickly shook his head and sat down next to her.

Then, he took a look at her. His mother was 47 years old in 2010 and it can be clearly seen that she had been hospitalised for some time now.

There was slight quavering in her voice, her face was pale white and veins could be seen on her bony arms that were pierced by 3-4 needle drips.

Lee Hyun's heart ached slightly when he saw her current appearance.

"How are you? I heard from Min that you were busy working on something. Are you eating well? You look more skinny than before."

His mother started the conversation with a barrage of questions.

"Don't worry, I'm eating fine."

Lee Hyun said as he smiled. His mother was always like that. She worried for her sons a lot, especially after her husband died.

They talked like that for a while.

It's been a long since he had talked with his mother like this. So, there was a constant smile on his face.

On the other hand, Lee Miyun thought that her son seemed different. It was just a small difference, but she felt that Lee Hyun was more composed.

His way of talking was more formal too.

"Is there something wrong?"

Lee Miyun could not help but ask.

"No, there's nothing wrong."

"You seem to be slightly different. Did something happen?"

Lee Hyun's face changed hearing that.

He thought that he had grown accustomed to talking like a 25 year old, but his mother was able to see through him easily.

Probably, because she was his mother!

"Maybe, I just got mature."

Lee Hyun quickly made up an excuse and his mother was humoured hearing that.

"My 25 year old son has matured? How nice!"

His mother joked and both of them laughed and chattered for a while.

After sometime, Lee Hyun finally started talking about Mango Entertainment. His expression got serious as he stared at his mother.

"Mother, I wanted to talk about father's dream."

"Ahh…"

Lee Miyun was surprised hearing that.

She was waiting for a chance to talk about it, but Lee Hyun had started the topic himself.

'Will he say that he doesn't want to start an agency? It's probably that. He was more interested in music composing from the start.'

She thought and felt slightly sad.

There was no way that Lee Miyun didn't know that she was being selfish here, but she just wanted Lee Hyun to fulfil her husband's last wish.

The dream Lee Keemin wanted to fulfil all his life!

"Actually, I started Mango Entertainment again."

"Huh? What?"

Lee Miyun let out a loud surprised voice. This was not what she was expecting. She even wondered if Lee Hyun was joking with her.

"You are joking, right? I don't like these types of jokes..."

"I'm saying the truth!"

"Ah?"

Lee Hyun had thought that his mother would be surprised, but she was more than just surprised.

He calmed her down and pulled out something from his pocket. It was a business card.

"Look at this."

"What is this? Ah, this…!"

Lee Miyun held the business card in her hand and raised her head to look at Lee Hyun.

The name written on the business card was 'Lee Hyun' and next to his name was his title 'President of Mango Entertainment'.

"This, Is this real?"

"Yeah, I started the agency again. Uncle Dongsu is also helping me. So, we are steadily growing."

"You…"

Without knowing, tears started to fall out from Lee Miyun's eyes.

She didn't know what to say here. Her son, who she had thought of a kid just till now, had really grown.

"Mother, I will surely fulfil father's dream."

Lee Hyun said as he hugged his mother. He didn't know when was the last time he had felt this warm.

He just wished that time would stop here and he can just keep hugging his mother, but that was impossible.

After a while, he separated from his mother's embrace.

"Are you sure about this? Don't you want to compose music?"

Lee Miyun asked after calming down.

"I am doing that while managing Mango Entertainment."

"Won't that be too hard? You are already looking thin. I'm worried about you."

"Don't worry. Uncle Dongsu is helping me a lot and I even sold my song to an agency. It even got into top 10 in the music charts. Everything is fine and there's no need to worry."

Lee Hyun said with a smile on his face.

"Still, I don't want you to work too hard."

"I can't be a kid forever."

Lee Miyun suddenly laughed hearing that. Her son was really talking like a mature adult.

Watching his mother laugh, Lee Hyun felt happy.

"You know, everything is well, but there's a thing that is troubling me."

He suddenly said.

"What is it?"

"I'm troubled that I can't eat your food everyday. I started cooking, but my food is tasteless compared to yours."

"You little… saying such pointless things…"

"I'm just saying the truth."

Both of them laughed for a while.

If it was the 25 years old Lee Hyun, then he won't be able to talk like this. He was too immature and brash in the past.

It was only after he aged a little that he became more composed.

'I won't be able to talk to my mother like this if not for my regression!'

Lee Hyun thought and felt grateful to the god who had sent him back in time. Although, he doesn't even know if god exists or not.

"I should go talk to the doctor about your condition. Eat the fruits I bought in the meantime."

Lee Hyun said as he stood up and left the room.

The doctor's cabin was on the fifth floor. So, he took the elevator.

It was the weekend. Maybe, that's why, there were a lot of people in the hospital today. They were all visiting their family members and friends.

The elevator was full with people because of that.

Lee Hyun reached the fifth floor shortly and started looking for the doctor's cabin.

He had forgotten where the cabin was. So, he had to ask a nurse about this. Thankfully, he had not forgotten the name of the doctor who was in charge of his mother.

He strolled through the corridor and suddenly, his steps stopped.

'What's this sound?'

43