Chapter 24
2.2k 6 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24. Girl group? (3)

'Someone is singing?'

Lee Hyun thought as he looked around his surroundings. 

The voice was not loud, but by focusing on it, he can guess that it was the voice of a female. 

It was not like there was something special in the voice, but Lee Hyun was attracted towards it.

Just like bees would be attracted to honey!

A composer would also be attracted towards a good voice and Lee Hyun was the same. 

'What's the voice type? Is it soprano?'

Lee Hyun wondered, but he was not able to determine it by just standing there. He started to follow the voice and it gradually got louder.

Walking through the corridor, Lee Hyun listened to the soft and bright voice. The song that was being sung was familiar to his ears. 

It was called 'One day'.

Honestly, he was surprised to hear this song here. 

It was because not many people know of this song and it has not even reached the top 50 in the music charts. 

But it was a song that he really liked.

More than the melody or the lyrics, Lee Hyun liked this song because of the diction - The way the singer sang this song. 

A bright song can be sung as a sad song while a sad song can be sung like a bright one.

It all depends on the singer. 

One day was a song in which the diction was perfect. Lee Hyun can barely remember the singer of One day, but he knew that he was not popular. 

'Maybe, this song would be a hit if it was marketed well.'

Lee Hyun thought in his mind.

The success of a song not only depends on the singer or the composer. It also depends on the marketing and the way the song is presented. 

It was also the reason why agencies and record companies took more than half the profit of a song. 

'It's here.'

While thinking about it, Lee Hyun reached a door.

It was the door to a shared hospital room and someone was singing inside the room. There was also a guitar accompaniment in the background. 

'Should I enter or not?'

Lee Hyun contemplated as he thought that it would be rude to just enter, but he also can't just stand there.

In the end, he lightly opened the door. 

A hospital room came into his view. Thankfully, no one noticed him entering the room.

Probably, because everyone was busy listening to the song. 

There were four elderly patients in the room and a young nurse was standing on the side. 

In between all of them, a young girl was sitting on a chair. She has a guitar in her hand and it was her who was singing One day. 

'She's beautiful.'

That was his first thought when he glanced at the girl singing the song. 

'Beautiful' or 'pretty', these were the words that perfectly describe her. She had a beauty that resembled none.

She was a unique beauty!

The girl has a small face with bright eyes and her long black hair was tied in a ponytail, revealing her nape. 

It seems she was really enjoying the happy expressions of the elderly patients as there was a smile on her face too.

"It will be alright…"

"One day, we will dance in the moonlight…"

"That day will come One day…"

The girl sang in a bright voice and the sound coming out from her guitar was perfectly mixing with her voice, creating a more brighter tone. 

'Like I had thought, there's something attractive about her voice.'

Lee Hyun just stood there at the door and closed his eyes. He didn't dare make any noises and even take a step as he was afraid that he would disturb the girl. 

He didn't want to ruin the song playing out in front of him. 

'Her diction is comparable to the original.'

Lee Hyun was calmly enjoying the song. At the same time, he was also evaluating the singing skills. 

Truthfully, the breath, the notes, the ringing and the resonance were bad. 

There were many times when the girl would breathe out less breath or mess up her notes and resonance.

It was like she was a newbie singer who never thought of becoming a singer before and just sang as a hobby. 

Despite that, the song was a great listen. 

'Her emotions and diction are enough to cover her lacking skills.'

Lee Hyun admired such skills as it was really hard to acquire them. 

Even a well known singer can mess up the right amount of emotions in a song and the skill to correctly sing a song can only be acquired after several years of training. 

But the girl in front of him lacked training. 

It can only be one thing. 

'She has innate talent!'

The girl singing in front of him was a genius. She even had a talent that was hard to come across. 

Lee Hyun was enjoying the song because of that.

"One day, we would meet again and everything would be okay…"

"It is meant to be and it will soon come…"

"One day, so just wait until that day comes again…"

"Oooohhhhh…"

The girl finished the third verse and the humming part started. Her humming resonated well because of her sweet and bright voice.

Before he knew it, Lee Hyun was immersed in the song. 

At the same time, greed sprouted inside him. The greed that every composer had inside of him. 

'I want her to sing my songs.'

For a composer, finding the right singer to sing his songs was really important. 

Most of the time, the agencies would decide the singer, but it would not stop a composer from thinking about a singer who would fit his songs perfectly. 

It was really hard to come across a singer like that.

And the girl in front of him was the exact type of singer he wanted.

'I want her.'

Lee Hyun thought and made a conclusion. 

No matter what, he had to get this girl to sign with Mango Entertainment. He wanted her to sing his songs and become a star…

'It's not the time to think about this.'

Lee Hyun quickly shook his head when he noticed that the song was reaching his climax. 

"One day, that day, it would come…"

"We would run around hands in hand…"

"On that One day…"

The strumming of the guitar stopped after that. The girl had clearly messed up the high note in the end, but in the eyes of elderly patients, the song was perfect. 

The girl was also smiling seeing that.

It was not like she didn't realise her mistake, but the smile on the faces of the elderly patients was more important.

She didn't want to miss out on that, but at that moment, she suddenly heard someone clapping. 

Clap! Clap! 

It was an enthusiastic clap, like someone had really enjoyed her singing. 

The girl turned around hearing the clapping and saw Lee Hyun clapping while standing at the door.

'Who is he? Why is the door open?'

The girl was really surprised with the sight of an unknown guy clapping for her.

The elderly patients and the young nurse have the same look of surprise.

"Who are you?"

The girl could not help but ask. 

45