Chapter 27
2.1k 7 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27. The moment you discovers a talent (3)

"What do you mean?"

Lee Hyun tilted his head and asked. He wondered how going on a radio show would help Mango Entertainment.

Kim Dongsu noticed his confusion and opened his mouth.

"Think about it as an advertisement. The face of Mango Entertainment is currently Midas and if you get famous, then our agency would get famous with you too."

More popularity to the agency just means that they won't be looked down by the other agencies and ordinary people.

Moreover, they would have an easy time recruiting trainees and celebrities from the free-agent market.

"It's just a promotion. The producer of the radio show has promised to emphasise the fact that Midas belonged to Mango Entertainment and they would even ask you about it in the interview segment."

"I understand. I will surely go to the radio show."

Lee Hyun finally understood after hearing all that and agreed.

He was just thinking about himself and not about the company. That's why he has neglected this point.

He frowned slightly thinking that he has much to learn about administration and planning.

"I didn't think about it this way."

"Well, you are new to this. You will eventually learn to see the bigger picture. Just remember that you should think about the company first."

"I will remember that."

Lee Hyun felt that he was being too self centred. He was not just a composer now. He was also the president of an agency.

In his past life, he only made music without caring about planning and promotions.

But this time, things were different!

"By the way, what is this radio show about?"

Lee Hyun asked after a while. He had decided to go on it, but he didn't even know what was the concept of it.

"Have you heard of Im Sungho?"

"I think I have heard of him. Isn't he an old singer that was really famous in the 80s and the 90s? He stopped singing a long time ago."

"Yeah, he became a radio host after retirement. He's been hosting this show called 'Morning with music' for a long time."

"It looked like it had quite a bit of history."

As he had decided to go on this show, he needed to know about the show's history and background.

Lee Hyun didn't want to mess up later.

"It certainly has a history and quite a number of loyal fans. They are planning a special show in two weeks and they want you in it."

"Special show?"

"Yeah. Normally, they would call singers, musicians and actors on their show and talk about music and interview them, but they are hosting a special show with the tagline 'The future of music'."

Kim Dongsu explained as he took a sip of water.

"So, they think that I'm 'The future of music'?"

Lee Hyun asked in a joking manner and Kim Dongsu laughed. He slammed his hand on the desk lightly and opened his mouth.

"Something like that. Well, basically, they are calling new and talented composers for the show and as 'Never give up' reached top 10 in the music charts, they are considering you."

It's been a week since Never give up had placed in the top 10. It has cemented his position there and even moved on to the 5th place.

"It doesn't seem bad."

"Yeah, it isn't bad. The show has three segments. A quiz, interview and then live singing."

"Live singing? Do I have to sing?"

Lee Hyun knew how to sing, but he was not confident in it. That's why he made a troubled face.

"No, you just have to do the quiz and the interview. The live singing would be done by a singer."

Kim Dongsu chuckled and Lee Hyun finally had a relieved expression on his face.

"You should watch the previous episodes of the show to get a better understanding."

"I will watch it. How many episodes are there anyway?"

"1258 episodes."

"Huh?! That many!"

Lee Hyun made an astonished expression hearing that.

He knew that it was an old show, but he didn't know that it had this many episodes.

"Start watching from tonight."

Kim Dongsu laughed while saying, but Lee Hyun just shook his head.

"I have some work to do tonight."

"Are you working on a new song? You finished a song just yesterday. You should take a bre-"

"It's not that."

Lee Hyun interrupted him. Then, he glanced outside the window and opened his lips.

"I'm going to a bar tonight."


Hongdae

It was an area known for its youthful and romantic ambience, underground culture, and freedom of self-expression.

One can see Unique cafes, cozy galleries, accessory stores, fashion shops, live cafés and clubs, art markets, and gourmet eateries on every street

Because of all these reasons, this was a popular hang-out for local youth and a fascinating place to walk around.

These unique places plus the cultural events, street performances, and festivals held here make Hongdae an area that is always packed with people and excitement.

Apart from all this, the main attraction was music. There were a lot of indie musicians and local bands here.

Concerts are held regularly and street performances were the norm.

Indie music has gotten a place in the music industry thanks to the numerous bands and independent artists in Hongdae.

These artists would usually perform in clubs, bars and restaurants. Each club even has its own independent artist that was exclusive to it.

One such bar was the Tarot bar.

It was a particularly small bar that was run by a small gang. It was not famous and only specific people would venture here.

Most of them would either be troublemakers or delinquents.

It was easy to guess that this was not the place singers would want to sing at, but some singers were helpless.

They can't find work anywhere else and have to sing in a place like this.

One such singer was Ya Harin.

"Harin, go on stage!"

A rough voice woke up Harin from her trance and she quickly strode towards the stage.

The bright light fell on her as soon as she stepped on the stage. She tried to seem composed and walked towards the mic.

There was no clapping from the audience. They were busy talking to each other and some people were even giving Harin weird looks.

It was not an atmosphere that belonged to a normal bar.

Tarot bar was only frequented by the people who were street gangsters and school delinquents.

They were not the kind of people you would want to associate with, but Harin was already used to it.

"I'm going to sing a song that is a recent hit. It's called 'Never give up' sung by Lee Hyerin."

Harin glanced around the audience seats. Most of the audience was familiar to her.

One of them was a guy who had tried to force his way with her once. The other was a guy who would frequently try to touch her.

'I'm already used to it.'

Harin thought as she tried to give a fake smile.

It was not like she didn't know her circumstances. Even if she wants to get out of here and become a big singer, she can't do it.

Her circumstances are just like that.

'Let's start- Ahh, why is he here??'

Harin was about to start singing when she suddenly saw someone entering the Tarot bar.

His clean clothes and handsome face looked out of the place here and she had seen him before.

It was the same guy who had said that she should become a singer.

It hasn't been too long since she had last seen him. So, he was able to quickly recognise him.

'What the hell is he doing here?'

Harin wondered in her mind.

39