Chapter 31
2.1k 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31. Morning with music (1)

"Ahh, it looks like it would be a long day."

Lee Hyun said as he looked outside the car's window. 

He was currently sitting in Kim Dongsu's car and they were on the way to the broadcasting station. 

It was early morning and there were not many people on the streets. He was able to spot some people passing by in work clothes. 

It was hard to tell if they were going to or leaving from work. Lee Hyun thought that it was probably the latter. 

He stopped watching the fleeting buildings and looked at his reflection in the rearview mirror. 

Lee Hyun was wearing regular clothes, but his hair which looks sloppy mostly was combed properly today. 

There was even light makeup on his face. 

"Do I really have to apply makeup for a radio show?"

He turned towards Kim Dongsu who was driving the car and asked. 

"You can't help it. It's visual radio. You at least have to look good."

"But I'm not a celebrity."

"You are not, but you are still representing Mango Entertainment. Just wipe out the makeup after the show if you feel uncomfortable."

Lee Hyun slowly nodded his head. 

Honestly, he never liked makeup. It was like a weird feeling on his face. 

Even though it was just light makeup, he still felt like something was sticking on his face. He wondered why girls like makeup so much? 

'Probably because looking better is more important to them.'

Lee Hyun thought and leaned back on his seat. He began to think about the 45 minutes segment he would be appearing in. 

It will start with a small introduction, then a little talk with the radio host Im Sungho, after that, the quiz and the interview will start.

It would be 45 minutes long including the commercials. 

"Are you nervous?"

Kim Dongsu suddenly asked as he glanced at him and Lee Hyun replied nonchalantly. 

"Not much. Making music is harder than this."

Kim Dongsu laughed at his answer. 

It was also true. Lee Hyun had gone on many entertainment shows and they were public network shows too. 

Compared to it, a radio show was really lacking. 

Lee Hyun has confidence that he would be able to do well on the show. At least, he won't mess up. 

"What was the name of the person who would be appearing with me?"

Lee Hyun asked and Kim Dongsu quickly replied. 

"His name is Ham Choolsoo. He is working as a composer for sometime now and his songs are not bad."

Lee Hyun was not the only person who was invited to Morning with music. He would be appearing alongside another composer. 

As Kim Dongsu was driving the car, Lee Hyun began to search for information about Ham Choolsoo. 

There were 4-5 articles about him on the internet. 

How one of his songs reached top 20 in the music charts and how he has appeared on some cable network entertainment shows.

'He don't seem like a bad person.'

Lee Hyun looked at his photo and thought. 

He wanted to go through the radio show without any skirmishes. His main goal was to promote Midas and Mango Entertainment. 

If he can, he wants to avoid competition. 

"Do you know about Ham Choolsoo's personality?"

"I don't know much, but I heard that he was the type to struggle hard to get at least one more minute of broadcasting time. Why are you asking?"

Kim Dongsu turned to look at Lee Hyun. 

"It would be easier if we can just get along. I don't want to compete with him, but it looks like I won't be able to avoid it."

"Yeah. Well, just take it easy."

They soon arrived at the broadcasting station. It was early morning, but the work has already started for most of the employees in the station. 

Lee Hyun was able to see several cars in the parking lot. He got out of the car and looked at Kim Dongsu. 

"I have a meeting with someone. So, I will pick you up in one and a half hours."

"Okay."

"Do your best today and don't be nervous."

Kim Dongsu left after that. 

'Let's go now!'

Lee Hyun stared at the huge building of the broadcasting station and moved his steps towards the entrance. 

He has a feeling that it won't be that easy.

* * *

Inside the waiting room in Studio 5

There were three people talking to each other.

They were Producer Yoon who was the main producer of Morning with music, Writer Park who was a writer for radio shows for over 10 years and an old man with a pleasant smile. 

The old man was of course Im Sungho, a famous singer in the 80s and the host for Morning with music. 

He was known for his good attitude and he would always try to help independent singers by giving them a chance to sing in the live singing part in his show. 

Because of that, he was a highly respected figure in the music industry. 

"Just ask simple questions from Midas. He's a new composer and he has no experience of appearing on a show."

Producer Yoon said and Im Sungho looked through his script. 

"I understand, but I think he will do well. Anyway, he's handsome and many people will stick with the broadcast just to see him."

"Yes, yes, he can easily pass as an idol with some makeup."

From the side, Writer Park said excitedly. Producer Yoon laughed at that and looked towards her with a smirk. 

"You didn't choose him just because he was handsome, right?"

"No, I didn't. He's talented too."

"Really?"

Producer Yoon expression said that he didn't believe her, but before he could tease her more, Im Sungho opened his mouth. 

"What about Ham Choolsoo?"

"Ah! Well, he's experienced in entertainment shows. You don't have to worry about it."

"Okay."

Im Sungho looked through his script once again. He was working as a radio host for years and he was already used to it.

"Oh! Yes, one more thing."

Writer Park suddenly said and both Im Sungho and Producer Yoon looked at her. 

"Talk about Midas's agency during the interview segment. Also, Ham Choolsoo apparently has some jokes. So, we could use that."

"Are his jokes good?"

"I don't know. His agency told us to add it as they are going for a composer/entertainer image for him."

"Well, it's a live broadcast. So, we can't make mistakes."

"Yeah."

There were not many things to discuss after that. They were calling it a special episode, but apart from some small things, everything was the same. 

The three of them have been working on this show for years. 

They were confident that it would go well. 

One chapter again.

41