Chapter 32
2k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32. Morning with Music (2)

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm the composer Midas."

After entering Studio 5, Lee Hyun greeted the producer and writer of the show. 

"It's nice to meet you too."

"Yeah, you look more handsome in real life."

Lee Hyun just smiled hearing that. His gaze moved to the faces of both Producer Yoon and Writer Park.

Producer Yoon was a middle aged looking man with a shaved beard and his hairs have few strands of white, indicating his age.

Writer Park on the other hand looked younger, but Lee Hyun knew that she was a veteran radio writer with many hit radio shows.

After greeting them, he looked around the radio broadcasting room.

It was not a particularly big room, but it was still bigger than the average.

He gaze moved to the booth which had all sorts of audio equipment attached to each other by wires. 

The sound engineer and other staff members were checking the equipment before the broadcast.

"Why don't you rest in the waiting room? It looks like it would take time to set the equipment. We have instant coffee there too."

Producer Yoon said and Lee Hyun nodded his head. 

The broadcast would start in half an hour. He was here early because it won't look nice to come just before the broadcast as a newbie.

'I should look over my script once again.'

Lee Hyun didn't want to make mistakes in the broadcast. Especially because it was a live broadcast.

Entertainment shows are pre recorded, so producers would edit the bad footage. It was not the same in live broadcast. 

If you made a mistake, then the radio host has to cover it.

Radio hosts are used to this sort of thing happening, but they would ignore you if you really made such a mistake. 

It means that your screen time would reduce. 

"Ah, you must be Midas."

"Yes. You are Senior Im Sungho. It's an honor to meet you!"

When Lee Hyun entered the waiting room, he saw Im Sungho already sitting there, drinking coffee and reading his script for today. 

He quickly bowed and greeted him. 

It was basic courtesy to greet a senior in the entertainment industry. Moreover, Im Sungho was a respectable figure too. 

"Do you want coffee?"

"Sure."

Lee Hyun sat down on the sofa and took the instant coffee from Im Sunhgo's hand. 

He then started reading through his script. The script basically has the questions that would be asked during the interview and how to answer them. 

Kim Dongsu was meticulous in preparing it. So, there were even solutions to some surprise questions. 

"You know I really enjoyed your songs."

Im Sungho suddenly started speaking and Lee Hyun raised his head. 

"Thank you."

"It looks like it's true that talent doesn't see age. You are young, but your composing skills are great."

Lee Hyun just nodded with a smile on his face. 

Im Sungho was slightly surprised seeing that. Normally, all types of people would try to impress him to get into his good books. 

He was just an old singer and a radio host. So, he doesn't have much power in the industry, but he has something that many people lack. 

People's support!

Im Sungho was highly respected by the general public and his connections were also good.

So, many new singers and composers would try to impress him, but Lee Hyun was different. 

That behavior surprised Im Sungho. 

'His attitude is like someone who has experienced the industry for a long time.'

Im Sungho thought and began to examine Lee Hyun. His expression was composed and he didn't look much nervous about the broadcast either. 

Normally, newbies would at least seem nervous, but there was nothing like that with Lee Hyun.

It was like he has been on many broadcasts before.

'Isn't it his first broadcast?'

Im Sungho wondered, but he didn't hate an attitude like Lee Hyun. He smiled and opened his mouth. 

"Your song 'Grassy plains'."

"Ah?"

"I really liked that song among all your other songs."

"Is there a reason behind you liking that over my other songs?"

Lee Hyun asked as he was curious. He has officially released three songs till now. 

First one was Never give up which was a huge hit. Second one was For you and it had also gone on to become a hit. 

The last one was Grassy plains. It can't be said that it was officially released as an independent band has used it in a pop contest. 

They have won the contest with Grassy plains and the video of it has more than 100k views on the internet. 

Compared to his other songs, it was still lacking, but Im Sungho had liked it more. He wondered if there was any reason behind it. 

"Well, I thought of an old movie scene when I was listening to it. I used to like that movie a lot."

Lee Hyun's eyes widened hearing that. 

"Is that old movie 'Running along'?"

"Ah, yes! You know about it?"

"Yeah, I saw it once and the last scene was really impactful. Actually, I wrote Grassy plains after thinking of that particular scene."

Everyone of his song has some sort of story behind it. It was hard to find inspiration to compose songs. 

So, Lee Hyun would often think about his past and try to think of a particular event that he remembers. 

Grassy plains was a song based on the last scene of Running along. In the end of that movie, the protagonist would give up on his day job and start to pursue his dreams. 

The scene was still vivid in his mind and Lee Hyun has written the song based on that one scene. 

"Oh! I understand why I thought of that movie after listening to it then."

Im Sungho laughed hearing that and started talking about the time when he used to be a singer. 

Both him and Lee Hyun have a very strong point in common and that was music. 

That's why, they don't have any problems finding a topic to talk about. 

Creak! 

As they were talking about, the door to the waiting room suddenly opened and someone came through. 

It was a young guy who looked to be in his late 20s. For some reason, he was wearing a suit that people would wear in award ceremonies. 

His face was average, but there was a lot of makeup on it. 

He moved his gaze around the room and his eyes squinted when he looked at Lee Hyun and Im Sungho talking happily with each other. 

But, he changed his expression quickly and bowed. 

"Hello, it's an honor to meet you, Senior Im Sungho. I'm Ham Choolsoo."

The young guy was Ham Choolsoo!

Sorry. Was busy

35