Chapter 37
1.9k 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37. Kang Minyuk (3)

"Are you looking for an agency currently?"

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun's straightforward question surprised Kang Minyuk. 

They were currently sitting in the lobby of the radio station. Lee Hyun drank too much coffee today. So, he didn't want to go to the cafe and Minyuk was also okay with sitting in the lobby.

"Ah, I'm looking for an agency, but no agency wants me because-"

"I heard about your past from Senior Im Sungho."

"So you know…"

Minyuk words trailed off hearing that. It looks like he was thinking of his past as he lowered his head and sighed. 

Lee Hyun continued his words seeing that. 

"Honestly, I really like your singing."

"Ah?"

Minyuk made a surprised expression hearing a compliment and Lee Hyun continued without giving him a chance to speak. 

"Your basics are great. Moreover, you have the aura of a musician. If you made a debut, then I think you will be pop-"

"What are you trying to say?"

Minyuk stared at Lee Hyun in confusion. He didn't understand what he was trying to imply. 

Lee Hyun just smirked seeing that and pulled out his business card from his pocket.

"I want to offer you a contract."

"Huh??"

Those words seemed to have wedged into Minyuk. He took the business card with a shaking hand and was greatly shocked. 

'He is the president of an agency!!'

That came as a shock to him as Minyuk just thought of Lee Hyun as a composer. He could have never imagined that Lee Hyun was also a president. 

But he didn't doubt it. 

Im Sungho would never call someone with a shady background in his show. 

Lee Hyun appearing on Morning with music just added credibility to him. He also didn't look like a scammer. 

"You want to offer me a contract? Why?"

"Your singing is good and you have all the skills to debut. What more reason do I need?"

"But you know about my past…"

Lee Hyun shook his head hearing that. He didn't care about Minyuk's past. His father wanted to make an agency that only sees skills. 

He would walk on the same path. 

"Your past doesn't matter to me. If you are interested, then you can come to give an audition."

Minyuk was not able to say anything to that. Honestly, it was just too rapid for him. 

He was happy that he got a chance to sing in a famous radio show, but he had never thought that at that same day, he would be offered a contract. 

"I, I don't know what to say."

"Haha, just think about it first. Come to give an audition on Friday. Oh, yes! Do you have any demands or conditions?"

Minyuk stared at Lee Hyun for a second hearing that and opened his lips.

"I just want to sing."

Lee Hyun smiled brightly hearing those words. 

* * *

The next day

"So, this is the singer you found."

Kim Dongsu looked at the singer on the screen. It was the video of Kang Minyuk singing on Morning with music. 

In just 24 hours, the views on the video had already crossed 10k. 

Kim Dongsu also really liked the singing of Minyuk. Moreover, his guitar skills were not bad. It was to the point that he can release a song with only a guitar accompaniment. 

"His skills are good and we can have him debut immediately. Although he is slightly older, we can just go for a veteran musician image for him."

Kim Dongsu nodded his head hearing that. 

"He is certainly not bad, but you talked about some issues with his past agency."

"I don't think his past agency will make a big deal out of it. They already lost the lawsuit and they are also not a big agency."

"Then, we just have to wait for him to give an audition."

Kim Dongsu thought that with a skilled singer like Minyuk, they would be able to make a successful album. 

Mango Entertainment having his own artist - Just thinking about it was enough for him to have a slight smile on his face.

"He will come to give an audition on Friday. Let's just have him sing his original."

"Yeah."

They have already thought of signing him. So, the importance of an audition was not much.

Still, they wanted to confirm his skills once again before finally signing him. 

"I'm thinking that we should go with a mini album-"

— Ring!! Ring!! Ding!! 

Lee Hyun's phone suddenly rang out as he was talking. He stopped speaking and glanced at his phone, but it was an unknown number. 

Still, he picked it up and a familiar voice greeted him from the other side of the phone. 

It was the hesitant  voice of a girl.

-H-hello, is it Mr. Lee Hyun?

"Yes, speaking."

Lee Hyun thought that the voice was really familiar and he knew her, but it was hard to guess who she was. 

But the next words he heard shocked him.

-I'm Ya Harin. Can we meet?

* * *

Sob!

Ya Harin clenched her phone as she lightly sobbed.

Her grandmother was sleeping in front of her. So, she was trying to make as little sound as possible, but her tears were still falling uncontrollably. 

She silently thought about the event that had happened two weeks ago. 

She was offered a contract by an agency and the person who was the president of that agency had really liked her singing. 

Honestly, she really wanted to sign a contract with that agency, but she had refused because she knew that she would be just thrown away after people knew her past. 

Her past was something that was her biggest nemesis. 

'Just because of that single incident…'

Harin thought about that night when that incident had happened. She was just a bystander, a witness, but she was framed. 

She had not done anything, but she was powerless and in the end, people have used her. 

She screamed and shouted, but no one was ready to listen to her. 

It's been 5 years since that incident now, and her past was still haunting her present. 

It was stopping her from fulfilling her dream. 

Just because of a single incident, she had to work in problematic surroundings. People will not come close to her after knowing her past. 

But now, she doesn't have much choice. 

'I need to find a way quickly.'

Her grandmother's health was deteriorating everyday and she needed money for her operation. 

She can ask for loan from the loan sharks, but she had no way of paying it back. She probably has to give away her body if that happens. 

And that's the last thing she wanted to. 

'There's only one way now.'

Harin thought about the face of the man who had said that he really liked her singing. 

Then, she thought about his interview which she had seen earlier. 

He had said that anyone can become a singer no matter what past one has. That has given her the courage to call him and request for a meeting. 

Now, it was up to him. 

'Whether he can accept my past or not.'

Harin wished in her heart. 

35