Chapter 52
1.7k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 52. Gathering (4)

"Hel-ah everyone, I'm Lee Ara. I used ta be a part af of a girl group called NxT, but we nev-ah made our debut. Let's get along well, ya all!"

Lee Ara bowed her head as she greeted everyone in her weird but funny accent.

The three girls looked at her with a blank expression on their faces.

They wanted to laugh at her weird accent, but hearing that she was a part of their group made them dissapointed.

Ara was not even able to pronounce some words properly. How would she be able to sing with them on the stage?

That made them concerned.

"President, she-"

"I know what you want to say."

Lee Hyun cut off Soyun who was trying to ask about Ara. 

He already know what type of concerns all of them would have about Lee Ara, but he had selected her after thinking about a long time.

"As you heard from her, Lee Ara used to be a member of a girl group. She was even about to debut, but her company went bankrupt at that time. If we are talking about experience, then she is your senior."

Those words shut all of them.

'She was going to debut? With that accent?'

That was the question in all their minds.

To make debut, one need to not only have good dancing and singing abilities, but also good pronunciation and appeal.

In the eyes of the three girls, Ara was someone who was lacking appeal and diction.

"Ara is from the countryside and it's been two years since her company bankrupted. You may think that her accent is weird, but I can guarantee that her skills are better than yours."

Kim Dongsu said as he glanced at Ara. Lee Hyun also nodded his head. 

'Ara has something that the other three lacks.'

Lee Hyun thought as he recalled back to the time when Kim Dongsu has showed him the footage of Ara practicing singing and dancing.

It was the footage of two years ago and he was entranced by her skills.

Actually, Kim Dongsu was the one who have found Ara. He had seen her in an event two years ago and knew that she was someone with great skill.

She was still to debut and it was a great chance for them to get someone with experience in their girl group.

That's why, Lee Hyun had not hesitated to call Ara who was living in her hometown.

Convincing her was also not a problem as this was like a second chance for her. Although, her accent seemed like a problem to others, Lee Hyun thought otherwise.

'I will use it to grow her appeal.'

A girl group with individuality - That was the goal of Lee Hyun and a girl from countryside with a thick accent was a golden chance to highlight it.

'She is someone who can get a lot of core fans.'

Lee Hyun was sure of that and maybe, the President of her previous agency had also thought the same, but he went bankrupt and Lee Hyun got the chance.

Maybe, it was just fate.

Now, he only needed to make the three girls agree to this. He hoped that they won't oppose her, just because of her accent.

But...

"I can't agree to this."

Alice said as she pointed to Ara.

"What problem do you have?"

Lee Hyun sighed as he stared at her. He had already expected this, so he wasn't much surprised.

"I just can't be in the same-"

"Then, you can leave. Just pay the contract termination fee and go."

"Wha-"

Alice's eyes shook as she stared at Lee Hyun, but he wasn't going to let anyone push him around. Maybe, it would be different if Alice was not in a contract.

But she was in a contract. Although, it was temporary, it was still a contract and she can't break it. 

'They would take time before they can get along.'

Lee Hyun thought and opened his mouth.

"You can tell me any issue you have and I will handle it, but if you are coming to me just because you can't handle someone, then I won't bear it. Remember that you are a team now and a team needs to get along!"

He made it clear pretty quickly. 

If you are here, then you need to get along well with each other. If you can't, then just pay the termination fee and leave.

"Ah..."

Alice opened and closed her mouth like she wanted to say something, but in the end, she just grumbled something under her breath.

With her backing, Soyun also didn't say anything and Harin was not much opposed to it from the start.

"Let's ge-tah along."

Ara said and smiled and with this, the whole group was finally completed. 

* * *

"Let me tell you all your schedule from now on."

Lee Hyun stood in the centre as he looked at the four girls sitting on the sofa. All of them were listening to him with full attention as this was important.

He continued seeing that.

"Your schedule will start from Monday. So, you have two days to rest and get to know each other till then. Do you have any questions?"

Harin raised her hand after he asked. 

"What type of lessons will we get?"

"First, you will have lessons with me about your singing and voice control. I'm in talks with a dance instructor, so eventually you will have dance lessons."

"Dance? Do I have to learn it too."

Soyun raised her voice and looked at Lee Hyun. 

"Yes, I know you are a rapper, but you need to learn to dance too. Everyone needs to learn to dance and sing as all of you would have some verses. You all specialise in either singing or dancing, so it would fun to see who will improve first."

Lee Hyun said with a smile, but everyone just felt more pressure.

"When will we debut?"

That was the question from Alice who was silent till now. 

"After a year. The first goal would be to debut and then work hard enough to be called a hit. Oh yes! You will also have a one to one talk with me every week about your improvement."

"Like an interview?"

"You can think like that."

Everyone felt their hearts thumping hearing all this. This began for real now. Debut was in their sights now. They just need to work hard.

Lee Hyun moved his gaze and opened his mouth again.

"Let's meet on Monday then. 6 in the morning."

"6 in the morning?"

Harin asked with a confused gaze. Will their lesson starts this early? All of them were wondering the same thing.

But Lee Hyun just replied casually.

"Yeah, we will be doing some intense training."

29