Chapter 54
1.6k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54. Rearrangement (2)

'It's really different than the songs I had heard before.'

Minyuk's eyes opened wide as he listened to the guide version of one of the songs that Lee Hyun had made for his album. 

They were currently sitting in the recording studio. 

Lee Hyun was showing him the guide versions he had made for his album and Minyuk had to admit that Lee Hyun was really a genius.

His album was a mini-album with only four songs. Lee Hyun had already thought of Dreams as one of the songs and he would make the other three songs himself.

But for those three songs, he had made 12 guide versions.

Normally, composers would make 4-5 guide versions at most, but Lee Hyun had gone on to make 12 versions and all of them were good songs.

There was only music and no lyrics. Moreover, it was just a sample, but Minyuk can tell that all of them would become good songs after getting completed. 

Especially the song Minyuk was listening to. 

'The tone is strange, but it's really easy on the ears.'

The guide version he was listening to has a peculiar sound with electronic music mix in the middle and the soft sound of piano in the background, making it softer with sharp edges. 

He didn't know why, but the song has an attractive appeal to it.

'The notes are high.'

One of the highlights about the song was its high notes that went up to C5, but it was not something that Minyuk would not be able to sing.

After listening to all the guide versions, Minyuk has felt one similar thing from all of them.

'All the songs are made to fit my voice.'

Lee Hyun had taken his voice into consideration while making all the guide versions. It was not something that a singer would expect from a composer.

Especially a singer like Minyuk who was still anonymous to the masses. 

Composers would usually not think about the singers voice strength and would expect them to sing any song.

But Lee Hyun was someone who knows how to use the strengths and weaknesses of the singer. He wasn't used to being called Midas of music for nothing. 

"All the versions are really good, especially this one."

"You like this one more?"

Lee Hyun raised his head from the computer and looked towards Minyuk.

"Yeah, this one just seems really easy on the ears and stays in my mind. Moreover, I can feel something else from it. What's this song called?"

"Yeah, it's called 'Broken'."

Lee Hyun answered with a smile on his face. He was glad that Minyuk liked this song because it was his best work among the 12 guide versions he had made.

'Working for hours was not for nothing.'

At first, Lee Hyun had thought that he would just recreate some songs for Minyuk's album, but he was worried that those songs won't entirely fit Minyuk.

Everyone has a different voice and all voices are unique.

Lee Hyun always made songs depending on the singer's voice type. Although he had made songs in the past that would really suit Minyuk, Lee Hyun has still decided to go with new ones.

After the success of Never give up, his confidence was back!

That's why he wanted to make songs that would fit Minyuk's voice perfectly. Broken was a song that he made thinking of Minyuk's life story.

Maybe, this was the reason he liked the song more.

"Broken dreams is a nice name. I feel like it can be the title song of the album."

Minyuk said after thinking for a bit.

"Title song? Well, we can go with it for the title, but I think Dreams would be better for the title song. Personally, I like it more."

Lee Hyun really thought like that.

From the start, he wanted to go with Dreams as the title track. The song was good and it just needed a rearrangement. 

Another reason was that he wanted to promote Minyuk's image as a musician.

"... I still don't think Dreams is that good."

Minyuk said as he scratched his head.

He was happy that Lee Hyun liked it this much, but he was not very confident in it. He didn't feel that it could become a hit song or even enter the top 50 in the music charts. 

For him, Broken has a higher possibility of becoming a hit.

"That's a problem then."

Lee Hyun made a troubled face hearing that.

The singer wants another song to be the title track while he wanted a different song to be the title track.

Normally, agencies would not listen to the singers and just decide among themselves, but Lee Hyun didn't want to act like that.

He wanted his singers to voice out their thoughts.

'Wait!'

As he was thinking about that, an idea suddenly popped up in my head. He stared at Minyuk and opened his mouth.

"Why don't you write the lyrics for Broken?"

"Huh? Me?"

Minyuk let out a confused voice hearing that. Lee Hyun saw his confusion and opened his mouth to explain.

"Yeah, you think that Broken should be the title track while I am leaning towards Dreams. So, why don't you write the lyrics for Broken and I would complete the rearrangement for Dreams. We can compare the two songs after that and the better one would be the title track."

Lee Hyun thought that this was a good and fun plan. 

He was also confident in Minyuk's skill. The lyrics for Dreams were written by him and Lee Hyun has quite liked them.

'Can I write the lyrics?'

Minyuk also thought about it and recalled the guide version for Broken. It was not an easy song and he would need to write lyrics that can do justice to the music. 

It was a hard and pressurising task, but he also knows that Lee Hyun has only asked him to write the lyrics because he was confident in him.

That's why, he nodded his head.

"Okay, I will write the lyrics."

"That's great!!"

Lee Hyun smiled hearing that response.

He felt that he was going in the right direction for Minyuk's first album.

It was also the first album for Mango Entertainment, so they needed to succeed at all cost.

'I will surely succeed!!'

Lee Hyun vowed in his heart and thought back to the rearrangement for Dreams. He had already thought of how he would rearrange the song.

That was his next task!

31