Chapter 55
1.7k 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 55. Rearrangement (3)

'Now, let's work on this.'

Lee Hyun stretched his body and stared at the monitor in front of him. 

It was already night and Minyuk had already returned home, saying that he can write the lyrics better when he is alone.

Now that he was finally alone, Lee Hyun decided to start with the rearrangement. The month was of September and in just a week, October would start. 

They were planning to release the album by the second week of November. 

It may look like a lot of time, but it was not enough. Just the recording of the songs would take two weeks and after that, there was packaging of the album and marketing.

They also have to find a stage for Minyuk to debut. Mango Entertainment was not big enough to hold a media showcase.

They need to rely on music broadcasts for the debut stage for Minyuk.

"Where should I start from now?"

Lee Hyun muttered and first played the original version of Dreams that was arranged by Minyuk himself.

It was not a bad arrangement, but it was slightly bitter.

The main highlight of the song was the guitar accompaniment driven by the insane skills of Minyuk, but it needed to be toned down and a warmer variation should be added.

'Should I fasten the rhythm?'

The first thing Lee Hyun did was to break down the songs in different parts and then, he began to raise the pitch of the rhythm.

He wanted it to be slightly fast paced to match modern music and at the same time, he wanted it to retain the original meaning. 

Dreams was a song that was about Minyuk. He had written it thinking of his dream and how he would go on to achieve it, despite the inconveniences and the problems.

It was a song that would directly touch your heart.

'I can't mess up the 'feel' of it.'

Lee Hyun thought and increased the pitch, but when he played it, he found out that it didn't suit the rest of the song. 

He tried to adjust it a little, but nothing worked and it even got worse. 

"I think a faster rhythm would work better, but I need to work hard, so that it doesn't go overboard. Let's add some instruments then."

Lee Hyun ceased his eyebrow and stopped adjusting the rhythm. He decided to add more sounds in it first to make it look plentiful. 

'Should I add a drum or a piano? How about something classical?'

He pondered on every single detail for a long time. Just a small change can increase or decrease the quality of the song. 

That's why he was careful.

Lee Hyun first added a simple drum sound and mixed it with a bass. Then, he tempered with it for a bit by lowering and upping the pitch.

After adding the soft piano in the background, it was good to go.

'I need to keep the mainframe simple.'

Dreams was originally a simple song with just a guitar accompaniment. It has a feeling of simplicity and warmness.

Lee Hyun wanted to retain all that, and at the same time, he wanted to give it a slightly fast pace to suit the tastes of people.

Doing that wasn't easy, so he kept working on it. He didn't touch the main, core part of the song and added things between verses and chorus.

'Minyuk can handle high notes.'

Lee Hyun made the notes high in the end and tried matching it with Minyuk's style.

As Minyuk's voice type was originally a tenor, he can handle high notes quite well after years of practice and experience.

He wanted to make the high notes the highlight of the song.

'The rhythm needs to stay constant...'

The biggest problem Lee Hyun was facing was the rhythm that needs to be simple but fast. Changing it even slightly can change the whole feel of the song.

He was having difficulties setting it down, but he wasn't planning to give up.

Lee Hyun kept playing Minyuk's voice and the original version of Dreams as he moved alternately between the PC, synthesiser and the mixer.

In the lonely recording studio, Lee Hyun worked for hours.

* * *

'My future looks bleak.'

Soyun gulped as he thought that. She looked around the room and stared at the faces of people who were her team members and fellow trainees from now on.

The cool girl with an accent - Lee Ara, The blunt and cold girl - Alice Jung and the person she found to be the nicest - Ya Harin.

It was a peculiar group and she didn't find anything wrong with them.

It was just the atmosphere of the room was freezing. No one was saying anything and Soyun never felt this awkward before.

She had thought that getting out of her parent's house would be a blessing since they were really controlling, but she can't handle the awkward atmosphere anymore. 

That's why, Soyun decided to speak, at least to break this atmosphere. 

"Um, what do you think the training tomorrow would be?"

Their training will start from tomorrow. So, it was the perfect topic to start a conversation and she succeeded too.

"I know about the voice lessons, but I don't know why he told us to gather at 6 in the morning."

"Yeah, I'm also thinking about that."

Soyun smiled as Harin replied to her. She was indeed the most friendliest.

"I guess someth'g like exercise?"

Ara spoke with her savoury accent. Soyun will feel like laughing everytime Ara would speak. It eased the atmosphere. 

"Yeah, opp-I mean President would most likely have us run around."

Harin quickly changed her words in the middle. She had started to call Lee Hyun oppa, but she can't do it in front of other people as he's the President.

Still, Soyun quickly caught on to that.

"Oppa? Are you close with the President?"

"N-no, I'm not."

Harin hurriedly waved her hands, but seeing her flustered expression, both Soyun and Ara smiled mischievously. 

"Really? I think you are close."

"Yeah, there's someth'g fishya."

Both of them smirked at her and Harin's face became red in no time. She was someone who would get embarrassed easily anyway. 

Seeing that, Soyun became even more courageous. 

"I don't think he has a girlfriend and he's young. Moreover, he is quite handsome."

"Yeah, he's really han'some."

"There's really nothing like that at all. I don't like him!!"

Harin screamed as her face grew more red. She couldn't help but think about it a little after hearing all that.

But that just worsened the situation for her.

"When did we say anything about liking him? Hehe."

"You...!!"

Soyun and Ara giggled seeing Harin's state. She definitely liked him. Girls were quick to catch on things like this anyway.

'Should I go further?'

Soyun thought mischievously, but at that moment, she heard a clicking sound.

Click!

The three of them turned their heads to look at Alice who had made that clicking sound. 

"You all should go to bed instead of wasting your time with meaningless things. It's already 11:54 and you won't be able to get up on time if you didn't sleep!"

Alice said that with a frowning expression.

She was like that from the start. Cold and hard to get along with.

'What's her problem?'

The three of them thought at the same time. They glared at her slightly, but Alice just shook her head and went to her room.

33