Chapter 66
1.6k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 66. Feature (4)

"I'm ready. You can start the music."

Lee Hyerin said from within the isolation booth as she got ready to record her verses for the song 'Broken'.

"Okay."

With a nod, Lee Hyun played the MR (Music recording).

Soft yet sad music flowed out in Lee Hyerin's headphones as she began to take the music in. After a pause, she finally opened her mouth. 

The sad yet bright lyrics vegan to flow out from her mouth.

"You were crying when I saw you..."

"I instantly fell in love..."

"It was weird, but I guess, it was destiny..."

When Lee Hyun had decided to ask Lee Hyerin to make a feature on the song, he had also thought about how he would add the female part in the song. 

The lyrics of Broken were about a phase in Minyuk's life and how only his girlfriend has supported him when everyone has distanced themselves from him. 

After thinking for a bit, Lee Hyun had decided that the female part of the song would tell his girlfriend feelings.

To make it authentic, Minyuk had asked his girlfriend to tell her feelings from that time and he had then written down the lyrics based on that.

"I saw your dry tears and the crust around your eyes..."

"The fear in my chest rises..."

"I wanted to extinguish your tears till they can't be distinguished..."

Lee Hyerin's voice flowed with a sad tone and it gradually got brighter with the high notes. Her emotions were perfectly in sync with what the lyrics were entailing. 

As she herself has faced such a time in her life, it was easy for her to empathize with the lyrics and the music. U

'Her voice really matches the song well. I hope she won't make mistakes this time.'

Lee Hyun who was listening to her singing thought. 

It was already night and they were recording for almost 7 hours now. It was nothing new as most recordings even took days. 

As you can only insert the best parts from the recording, you need to be sure that the singer was giving their best and there were no mistakes.

No matter how good a singer is, mistakes were inevitable!

Even Lee Hyerin was recording this part for the third time. It was because she was giving too much power when the part required more serenity. 

"Even in the future, I wish you will..."

"Love me the same..."

"Like I do...oo....oo..."

Lee Hyerin's notes gradually got lower as she began to sing the last part. The part requires more emotions than the skills.

Maybe, there would only be a few singers who can pour out this much emotion and Lee Hyerin was thankfully one of them.

Like that, her verses finally ended and she came out of the booth. 

"Is it fine this time?"

"Yeah, it's much better than before. You should take a listen to it too."

Lee Hyun said and played the recording. 

Soft music flowed out with Lee Hyerin's voice in the center. Good - there was nothing else that could be said about it. 

It was really good. 

Lee Hyerin's singing was something that people won't be able to forget easily even if they had listened to it only once and Broken was the same type of song. 

It was the main reason why her voice suited this song this much and Lee Hyerin had also not slacked on her singing. 

'Just her singing deserves applause.'

Lee Hyun thought sincerely when the music stopped flowing out. 

"I didn't think it would be this good at first. It seems like this song would help me gain more popularity."

Lee Hyerin said in a joking manner. 

"It would all depend on the performance of the song. I think your agency would try to surely promote it if it got even a slightly famous."

"Yeah, I think that would happen."

Although Nike Entertainment was not getting anything here, they can still use this chance to improve the public image of Lee Hyerin.

Articles with headlines saying that 'Lee Hyerin didn't take a penny for the feature' or 'how she did it for a friend' were enough to make a good image of her in the people's eyes. 

'It won't be bad as it would basically be free promotions.'

Lee Hyun thought and shook his head. 

He talked with Lee Hyerin about the song for sometime. They can talk freely as Minyuk was out, talking to his girlfriend on the phone. 

After talking about some things, Lee Hyun changed the topic to Music nights. 

"Are you sure about having Minyuk accompany you on Music nights?"

Lee Hyun asked with a serious tone. 

He knew that Lee Hyerin won't joke about things like this, but he still asked to confirm. It was because it would be Minyuk's first public network appearance if he agreed to it. 

"I won't ask if I'm not sure. My agency was looking for some professional guitarist to accompany me, but I think Minyuk's style suits me better."

When he thought about it, there were indeed some similarities between the styles of Minyuk and Lee Hyerin.

"Still, I think it would be too much of a favour."

Lee Hyerin glared at him when she heard that. She pouted and opened her lips. 

"How is it a favour? It's not like I would be able to pay much for the accompaniment and I'm basically hiring Minyuk here."

"I am not talking about the pay, but the promotions..."

Lee Hyun's voice trailed off as he was speaking. It was because Lee Hyerin's glare intensified the more he spoke. 

'I don't think I can say anything here.'

Lee Hyun thought and sighed. He had a personality of not taking any favours from others, but he also knew that he couldn't survive with such a soft mentality. 

It was good to be self-sufficient, but he also needs to rely on others when he doesn't have much power. That's why, he agreed in the end.

"Okay, you win. I think Minyuk would agree and I would have a talk with the Director in Nike Entertainment about it."

"Great!!"

Lee Hyerin finally smiled hearing that. She was now sure that she would be able to win on Music nights this time.

'I will show that bitch her place...'

She couldn't help but grin thinking of the angry and defeated expression of...

"By the way, who would be the singer you would be competing with?"

Lee Hyun suddenly asked when she was in her thoughts. Music nights was a show that made two singers compete against each other and the audience would decide the winner.

It was like a music broadcast, but with only two singers and less audience. 

"Oh, well, it's Kim Jisu."

"Ah!!"

Lee Hyun finally understood why Lee Hyerin was so passionate about it this time. It was common knowledge in the industry that both Lee Hyerin and Kim Jisu don't like each other. 

They were regarded as rivals, but the truth is that they were more like enemies. 

'It would be more intense than I thought.'

Lee Hyun couldn't help worry about Minyuk thinking that.

30