Volume 1, Chapter 15.
619 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic of Arteria Volume 1. Eden Arc                             

Chapter Fifteen


After preparing the shakes for a few moments and brewing the coffee; I walked out of the kitchen, holding a black tray with several bowls of biscuits, and cups of coffee with some plastic tumblers filled with fruit shake.

 

“Sorry for taking long,” I said while placing the tray onto the table as the two, who were discussing to one another, looked at me and shook their heads in unison with Alina smiling, “Thanks for taking the time to make these.”

 

“I’ll go call Hikari and Leah for now, they should be upstairs,” I patted her head as she nodded before I walked out of the dining room, climbing up the stairs before knocking on our room, “Hikari, Leah, come out! The snacks are ready!”

 

“Coming!” Hikari’s voice echoed from the inside as the door opened with her dragging Leah out of the room, the two of them held one phone in their hand. They looked adorable together like two rabbits that were hopping together.

 

The three of us soon walked downstairs, reaching the dining room after to which Hikari, without any notice, ran towards the free seats and sat there, taking her share while playing with her phone on the table.

 

“Hikari, that’s bad manners! Don’t use your phone while eating!” Alina scolded as Hikari glared at her but still listened, turning the phone off as Alina took it from her as she pouted.

 

Sitting beside Hikari, I patted her hair, whispering into her ear, “Don’t worry, you can play all you want after. As long as you mind your manners next time.”

 

Turning her attention towards me, she nodded before crunching on a cookie as she looked at Leah, handing her the piece she bit with a tilt on her head, “Are you going to eat?” as Leah looked at the bitten piece with a troubled look.

 

I felt like facepalming so badly, the doubt inside my head whether she was a true prodigy, or it was only a misconception of mine was growing. In which world do prodigies hand someone a bitten piece of cookie, I would like to know.

 

“Hikari, manners!” Alina scolded once more as Hikari looked at her surprised, the confusion on her face was adorable, while at the same time, hilarious. Her face was screaming, WHAT DID I DO WRONG THIS TIME?

 

“I am sorry for my adorable little penguin’s manners, Leanna...” I said with embarrassment as she shook her head before looking at Leah and smiling, “We don’t mind, it is cute, after all. Right, Leah?”

 

In response, Leah nodded with a smile, “Hi-chan is adorable when she is like that,” she responded as Hikari’s face turned blossom red, hiding her face on my chest while mumbling in a soft, and embarrassed tone like a rabbit, “Ley… that’s bad!”

 

“The two of you are already calling yourselves by pet names… how cute!” I smiled after seeing one of my few objectives being fulfilled, and the main reason why I hired Leanna, to find Hikari a friend who can guide her.

 

“Mama is rude as well!” Hikari shouted while punching me cutely in the chest as I chuckled, patting her hair as the others smile as well, “Don’t worry, my little penguin will always be adorable.”

 

“It’s getting late already, how about we finish eating before taking a shower, and heading to bed?” Alina suggested as both Leanna and I nodded before Alina looked at me and inquired, “Also, dear; where will Leah and Leanna sleep for tonight?”

 

“We should have that large room with the master bed still available right? The two of you can sleep there for as long as you want, it is located in the room next to ours,” I looked at Leanna and said before Leanna inquired, “Excuse me, but aren’t we staying at another house?”

 

“That was originally the plan, but we are still searching for the best plot to build a house around here; one that is at least two to five minutes away from ours, but in the meantime, the two of you can stay there for as long as you want.”

 

“There are all kinds of magic devices there to help the two of you adapt fast, and if the two of you want, you can opt to turn off all two air conditioning on that room; there is a widescreen television as well, and two up-to-date computers built for mostly gaming there,” I said while biting on the soft, and sugary cookie.

 

“Tha… that is a little bit too much for us,” Leanna stuttered as I shook my head, “That isn’t a lot, I would prefer the two of you stay here instead so it would be easier to contact the two of you, while also lessening the time it takes to drop the two to their school.”

 

“That… that is true, but I am afraid we would be troubling the two of you more if we stay here,” Leanna responded before Alina interrupted with a smile, “Don’t worry, it would be more trouble to us if the two of you decided to live a little bit further away… take it, or leave it.”

 

“A…. We’ll take it then! Please take care of us,” she said while bowing her head down as both Alina and I shook our heads for the innumerable amount, smiling as we replied, “Please take care of us, as well.”

 

Soon after our short discussion, the five of us continued eating while talking to one another; Hikari and Leah were talking about their game, while Alina, Leanna, and I talked about matters relating to the two, discussing what time should we go for the photoshoot and the uniform shopping.

 

In total, our short talk took about three hours which was long enough for Hikari to fall asleep, Leah was still awake, or rather she forced herself to be awake; in the end, Hikari didn’t take a shower and smelled like a rat the entire night.

 

***

 

The morning soon crept upon us as we sat in the living room dressed in cute, and unique dresses; Hikari and Alina both wore skirts with white blouses while Leah and Leanna were wearing simple white floral dresses.

 

“Are you two ready, we will be heading to the clothing shop first before eating out at a nearby restaurant, and finally to the photoshoot location; our schedule will be more relaxed today, if any of you wants to go somewhere after the photoshoot then feel free to tell me,” I said while standing up as the others nodded.

 

“Let’s go then,” I smiled, opening the door as I clicked on a button on my car key as a five-seater hypercar beeped, the car was black and looked like a Koenigsegg from the past. The five of us soon entered the car, with Hikari, Leah, and Leanna on the back seat while Alina and I, as always on the front.

 

After making sure the two were buckled up properly, I pressed a button on the dashboard which opened the gates automatically before accelerating out of the residence as we sped our way through the cityscape with speeds exactly at the speed limit.

 

The car was consistent on its speed, limiting itself to the speed limit without my assistance, and after driving for five minutes, I took my hand out of the steering wheel as the car moved by itself; though, my feet were still in the pedals for emergency reasons.

 

We soon reached outside the clothing shop after driving for twenty minutes; during the entire ride, we were chilling, talking to one another while the two children played their games. The clothing shop was not large, it hid beside a large coffee shop, the walls of the glass, and beautifully woven clothes being displayed.

 

Walking inside the clothing shop, we were greeted by a warm, bizarre breeze coming from the eight air conditioners around the shop1Antarctica basically.; it was shivering cold, almost like winter, but thanks to my Frost Physique, my body adapted to the temperatures a second later while warming the others around me.

 

“Welcome! How may we help you?” a well-dressed woman approached us with a smile as I replied, “We would like the buy several dozens of uniforms for these two over here.”

 

“Uniforms, is it?” she tilted her head before asking, “Do you mind telling us which schools the two are heading, or should we go with public standard school uniforms for the two?”

 

“The two will be schooling in the Helena Silver’s Elementary School,” I replied as the woman led us to the counter while inquiring, “Have you measured the two yet, or do you want us to measure them instead?”

 

“If it isn’t too much of a bother, then we would prefer measurements from the shop instead,” I replied as she nodded, “Well then, how many uniforms would you like to have made?”

 

“In total, I would like twelve each for the two of them; that should twenty-four uniforms, and as a side part, the specific emblem the two will be using are the Diamond Crown; are there any available?” I inquired as she pressed on several parts of the holographic display before nodding.

 

“We do have about twenty-four Diamond Crown emblems which are the same amount, but as the Diamond Crown is only limited to the higher class of the school, we will be needing verification either documents or a digital picture affirming their status,” the woman replied.

 

I took out my phone, entered the gallery application, and scrolled through the dozens of selfies I had, all of which were embarrassing, and also selfies of both Alina and I before finding the status verification digital print they had provided, and handing it to the woman as she nodded.

 

“Well then, we will need to measure the two of them first before reaching the final price; this process will take about ten to twenty minutes as we will be calculating their precise sizes as of today, and their future sizes to allow future-proofing for at least three to four years,” she said before all of a sudden, my phone started ringing.

 

“That is fine for us, Alina, and Leanna, I’ll leave the two to the two of you for now… I’ll accept this call real quick, it won’t take long,” I said before the two of them nodded, after receiving their response, I walked out of the store with the phone on my ear as a serious, and calm voice spoke from the ear receiver.

 

“Supreme Agent Angelica, this is an emergency from the headquarters; we have received intelligence from our units of a potential attack from the RSA in two to three days, their objective will be your school’s most protected and treasured item.”

 

“Without delay, tomorrow, you will have to start entering class; we have received permission from the directors and other staff, you can bring the Queens’ silver dagger and also your own custom Incantation Assistance Device.”

 

 

“The city and the other four cities around will enter secretive alert state, we will deploy eighteen undercover officers within the parameter of your school; your main objective this time is to leave not one enemy behind, defend the treasured item,” the voice said before the call ended with a beeping noise as I frowned my eyebrows, gripping my phone tight.

We will be entering the plot soon, no worries.

10