Volume 1. Chapter 1
1.3k 91 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wish I could edit this chapter, but it is too long!

Don't forget to join my discord!

Advanced chapters are out. Patreon

Magic of Arteria Volume 1. Reunion Arc

Chapter One.


An hour had passed, I sat down on a bench outside the building, looking at the news on my phone. News networks globally had gone live at the same time, discussing a single topic: a person being able to fire the strongest spell known to mankind, exists in the country of Miho.

 

“I guess they can’t suppress the news worldwide, oh well. Not that it matters to me anyway, after all, no one would suspect an eighteen-year-old to have the ability to cast the strongest spell.” I sighed.

 

If it doesn’t interfere with my personal life, it wouldn’t matter to me. Let them do what they want, let the public hear what they want. I stood up from the bench, placed my phone back in my pocket while staring up at the skies.

 

A gradient of blue and orange, it was sunrise. Sunrises are renowned for their beauty, the mix of blue and orange made people love it. I was different, I hated sunrises, they are awful. It meant that my sleep was close to being over.

 

Extending my arms up in the sky, I let out a yawn. The deserted streets were the only thing in sight, streets illuminated by numerous street lights with peach-colored leaves falling from the trees. It may seem like nothing to others, but to me, it’s better than the sunrise. It reminded me of all the misery I had gone through, after every brutal training. I would sit beside the streets, looking at the beautiful peach-colored leaves falling from the trees.

 

Reminds me, my classes should be starting at seven today. I am now a college student, it has been a long time since then, I wonder how the other nine are faring. Six years have gone by since we graduated from elementary and in those six years. I changed a lot, taking up many businesses behind the scenes.

 

“I should probably start heading home now before Alina starts worrying again.”

 

Stretching for the last time, I started jogging back home. Appreciating the scenery that was before me, one that had been here for decades now. It never grew old to me as it was the only one that accompanied me in my difficult times. Of course, my younger sister was also with me, but she was different. She was the person I love the most, and the person I care the most.

 

Jogging down the streets, a nostalgic place came to view. A tiny playground stationed beside an old church; several children played on it, followed by their mothers who watched them with love and care. The love and care which I longed for.

 

It was the same playground where I met the other nine together with my younger sister, Alina, who had been looking after me as I ranted every day. The scene was still clear to me, almost like yesterday.

 

Alina and I were the only ones who used to always play at the playground: it was the two of us together all the time, Mom was always busy managing the family. That day, we were playing tic-tac-toe on the sand when a peach-haired girl approached us.

 

The girl was more beautiful than anyone I had seen at that time, the smile she exhibited struck a part of me. She stood there, looked at Alina at me curiously. The first words she spoke to me were: “You brown-haired girl over there, what’s with your face. Did you just cry?”

 

It sounded rude, arrogant; had I not been patient, I might have slapped her on the face. I thought of her as a rude girl at first, but as time went by, I learned it was only a part of her personality.

 

She was a person who couldn’t speak what she wanted; I found her personality adorable. I fell for her without realizing it. Even after being screamed rude words every time, I only smiled; I was blinded by love. We were sugar and water; she was the sugar and I was the water.

 

But that was all in the past now, everything had changed seven years ago. And I still never moved on from then, my first love and, my first heartbreak. Love is truly foolish, especially if that love is strong. You will never move on; it will haunt you forever, in soul, in heart, and in life.

 

I looked at the playground and saw a girl, joyfully playing around with another girl. The way they played with each other brought memories of my past. Memories never change, it will stay with you forever.

 

“Ann, is that you?!” a voice from behind entered my ears. 

 

I turned around and saw a blonde-hair girl dressed in a tight jogging suit, holding a tumbler in her hand. She was a person I knew from the past, the way she calls me and the gentle aura around her; the person who would look after Alina and me whenever Mom went to work, cooked our meals every day and dressed us for school.

 

“Sister Kathlyn! It has been a long time!” I shouted, hugging her tightly. She tried to resist, but I wouldn’t let her go.

 

“Ouch! Your hugs never change, let me go! I just finished my morning jog!” she pleaded, pushing me away.

 

Almost like a puppy, my body listened to her, released her from my hug as I looked at her asking for a pat on the head. In front of her, I was a tiny puppy. I always listened to her words, among the family; she was the one who had the most memories with Alina and me.

 

“I didn’t expect to see you here, didn’t you and Alina move to America to study?” she asked, sitting on the grass.

 

I sat beside her and answered with a smile: “Alina and I returned a few weeks ago, Mom had told us to continue our studies here since the succession battle in the family is soon,”

 

“The family succession battle huh, I forgot about that. Though don’t you already have a guaranteed win, you control about half of the companies in the family. That is about eighty percent of the entire revenue of the family, and the strongest person in terms of battle power,” she inquired.

 

“The companies are registered under Mom’s name and she is still trying to transfer every single one of them to my name. Those oldies in the family are probably ignoring me right now since from the outside, I look like someone who has no chance of winning.”

 

“Enough about me, how about you? How have you been with brother Ren, I still remember you being extremely clumsy whenever he visits the house back in the days, also how has your company been doing?” I said while showing a smug as she blushed.

 

“My company has been doing fairly nice, the cosmetics market doesn’t have too much competition right now. Though, compared to your Avantgarden which holds eighty percent of the technology market worldwide, my companies probably look like a pile of dust in the corner,” she replied while laughing loudly.

 

“The Avantgarden is nothing compared to my Heaven Hills though, that one brought in the most revenue last quarter. Also, don’t think you managed to escape from answering my original question!” I said while staring at her intensely

 

Almost like a suspicious kitty who broke a glass jar, she looked around the playground before whispering into my right ear.

 

“Don’t tell anyone about this, for now, your brother Ren and I are already engaged for months now. And is expecting to surprise both families with the news once the wedding is ready, the closest estimates, we have for the wedding is in two months from now,”

 

Overwhelmed by the news, I looked at her with both my eyes wide open. I was looking at an engaged woman! An engaged woman! For the first time, I could maybe join a wedding! What should I do, should I prepare the gifts?!

 

Out of excitement, I unconsciously held her hand, asking directly: “What kind of gifts do you want, should I hand you twenty percent share of the Avantgarden, or is it five percent share of my most beloved Angelina Holdings?!”

 

Pinching my cheeks, she dragged my face towards her while scolding, “That’s too much! You little child, a single share of the Angelina group is almost a billion Talis! Don’t go spending that much on my wedding! I’d be happier if you treat me to a meal instead,”

 

Taking out my phone, I wrote down a message towards my secretary, telling her to have the entire Fields of Eve closed down to the public in front of Sister Kathlyn who was sighing, shaking her head with a wry smile.

 

“Don’t be like that, it’s not like I have anything to spend my money on anyway. Alina wouldn’t let me spend at least a tenth of it for her, and I am also someone who doesn’t want many things. At least let me spend my overflowing money on this, I’ll handle the reception of your wedding. That shouldn’t be much right?” I said before she shook her head.

 

“The Fields of Eve is one of the most luxurious restaurants in the world, saying that it isn’t much, makes me feel jealous. Are all eighteen-year-olds these days like you? I remember back on my time, even a hundred Talis would leave me in pain for days,”

 

“That’s in the past now, Sister Kathlyn. You are now a successful businesswoman, after all, it would hurt my reputation if I don’t gift you at least this much,” In an attempt to convince her, I looked at her with my beloved puppy eyes.

 

“You never change, do you? Those puppy eyes always work all the time…!” she said in a gentle tone, patting my head as I hugged her tightly.

 

“Why would I need to change, aren’t I perfect this way? Even Alina likes me this way,” I replied before a giggle came out of her mouth, after which ten seconds of silence befell upon us as we stared at each other for a while before she spoke in a serious tone.

 

“Speaking of which, I saw your ex-girlfriend Kayla at the airport yesterday. It didn’t seem like she noticed me, but from the looks of it, she might come to trouble you again. I heard from Ren about her taking over the Huillion company yesterday. It seems like she will be going after your shares in the car industry.”

 

Hearing her name was a strike in my heart, like billions of needles puncturing your heart. The person you trusted the most, the person you loved the most. Giving everything to her, only to be betrayed in the end. It hurts inside.

 

I looked up at the skies, remembering the peach-colored hair girl who stood by my side. A beautiful girl, almost like an angel. The only person who broke into my heart and the only person who destroyed my heart.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t allow her to enter the car industry. I will make her regret her entire life,” I mumbled before she stood up from the floor, looked at me with pitying eyes. The words I said may sound tough, but inside I felt weak. No matter how hard I try, I can’t stand hurting Kayla.

 

Patting my hair as she whispered into my ears, “I’ll hand you a tip as your elder, ask your Mom for more information about Kayla. I know for sure that she didn’t want to do what she did. Kayla should be an innocent girl, even if her words are always rude.”

 

“Inside, her heart should be very pure. The only person who should know about it the most is your Mom; she loves you a lot. Anyway, I’ll head out first little Ann. Take care, always! Send my regards to Alina as well!”

 

I watched her leave the vicinity, frozen in place. I was deep in thought over what she had told me. What would Mom know about Kayla? She never looked after Alina and me ever since she took us in, she only provided us with money.

                                                                                                     

Suddenly, an angry voice whispered from behind. A voice that gave chills on my spines, it sounded gentle but inside the gentleness was an abyss of anger.

 

“Elder Sister, do you know how long I have been waiting for you back at home?”

 

I turned around and saw a white-haired girl. Looking at me with angry eyes, almost like a beast. My face went numb as I stared at her, my feet and hands paralyzed as my body trembled in fear.

 

“Alina…! Why are you here? I was just about to head home, you see! I was taking a quick break from jogging!”

 

“Are you sure, elder sister? Then, how would you explain your sinful action of not accepting a single call of mine, I called you a hundred times with no response. I would have thought you died in action had it not been Secretary Lin messaging me about your recent order, are you perhaps cheating on your little sister?”

 

Gripping my cheeks with force, she stared at me with her orange eyes wide open. I trembled from her stare. She was angry, very angry. Not only that, but she is suspicious of me, that damn Secretary Lin! I will for sure deduct your salary!

 

“What do you mean cheating…? I would never cheat on you, that Secretary Lin is only fooling you to believe so! I only told her to have the entire Fields of Eve closed down in two months for Sister Kathlyn’s wedding!” I said.

 

“Are you sure, we’ll have Sister Kathlyn prove your innocent later. For now, I’ll trust that you aren’t cheating behind my back. Let’s head back home before the food I prepared becomes cold, okay… Elder Sister?” she said with her head tilted to the side as she smiled.

 

“Ha… yes!” I shouted while standing as I followed her towards the street where a pink two-seater supercar sat alone, idling while being surrounded by crowds of people with eyes of awe. It is not surprising to see people admiring the car as it is one of a kind, there are only twelve of those built.

 

Entering the driver’s seat, I sat comfortably on the car seat. Tuning in to the singer, Kanon as I looked at Alina, who was sitting on the passenger’s seat with a smile before pressing down on the acceleration pedal as the car sped off.

 

After a few minutes of driving, we arrived inside our residence. A white two-story house, with a blue roof, together with a garden that was filled with roses, hydrangea, orchids, and tulips. It was a simple garden where the two of us loves spending our time on. It had several benches placed in spots we liked, with a large hammock on the very first tree we planted.

 

The garden can be considered as our beloved child, we took care of it every day. Making sure not a single plant would die. We believed that as time passes on, whether dead or alive. This garden would be the place that will remind people of the two of us.

 

Parking the car in front of the doorstep, I unlocked both doors before getting off. I felt like it would be best if I act differently for her today, walking towards the other side of the car and opening the door as I handed out a hand towards her.

 

“My lady, we have now arrived,” I said before a chuckle came from her mouth.

 

Taking my hand, she got off the car and approached me with a smile, “You sound disgusting in that voice, please don’t use it on me,”

 

A beauty close to me, with the smell of luxurious lotus. Her white platinum hair shone brightly, with her smooth, moist lips bright red. A heavenly smile had been bestowed upon me.

 

“Are you using the Blue Lotus shampoo, Mom bought?” I asked while walking towards the door while holding her hand.

 

“You noticed?” she inquired.

 

“Of course, I would, how would I not notice any changes to my adorable little sister? I can even tell you changed your lipsticks today, from what I can see. It should be from Cortejandote, is it their latest one?” I replied before she nodded.

 

Switching from my shoes to some comfortable slippers, I opened the door as she took off the heavy leather jacket that I wore, hanging it on the coat hanger beside the door before hugging my arm tightly.

 

Walking down in the hallway, we arrived in a simple room with several bookshelves filled with albums, fairy tales, and books. A single television, about the same height as the room and a red sofa, a few steps away from the television.

 

It was a simple room designed by my adorable little sister; she wanted a house where the two of us can live comfortably. Not too luxurious while also living up to our reputation, she had asked me before to request for cheap, simple furniture for the house. To which, I did. I brought her furniture that looked cheap from one of my companies. They only looked cheap; their price tag wasn’t though. But she doesn’t know about it and I will never tell her.

 

Other than those, there are also several vases on the corners of each room in the house filled with plants that we like. They were plants we planted from the garden. There are also several picture frames hanging on the walls, mostly pictures of the two of us in different parts of the world. But there are some with images of Mom.

 

While I was staring at the living room, a shout came from the dining room, “Are you going to eat with me or not, I’ll throw away your food if you won’t.”

 

Knowing her, she would really throw away the food if I don’t come. Forcing me to quickly run over there before seeing her holding a tray filled with delicious dishes, ranging from seafood to vegetables. The smell of each dish assaulted my nostrils, as a growl came from my stomach.

 

“What is this, is this a feast?!” I asked while sitting down on a chair.

 

“It’s a celebration for the two of us after we successfully entered college!” she answered.

 

Placing the tray on the table, with elegance, she arranged the plates and bowls on their respective places before handing me a plate with a spoon, fork, and a knife. The dishes on the table were all fantastic dishes such as crispy chicken fillet, honey-glazed steak; home-made chicken soup, ramen noodles; garlic butter, shrimp, crab meat; fried potato chips, and one large bowl of vegetable salad.

 

Paired with the dishes was a large bottle of shake, an avocado shake to be exact. It was a very cold avocado shake. Avocado shake is one of my favorite drinks, and it is also Alina’s favorite. Though, we usually only make a cup-full at most every day.

 

From the looks of it, it seems like she went to the supermarket today and bought the ingredients from there. The ingredients I usually buy are usually high-quality which should have made her hesitate on using it since unlike me, she was a girl who hates spending large amounts of money.

 

Despite the ingredients being of supermarket-quality, it didn’t affect the dishes in any way from what I am seeing. Her talent in cooking is not to be underestimated at all, it’s no wonder why the chefs in the family house praise her a lot. If the ingredients are fresh, she would magically make a dish equal to luxury restaurants.

 

What’s more surprising about the way she cooks, is how she manages to intensify the smell of the dishes. I would bet a hundred million talis that she only mastered that technique to torture me whenever I don’t want to eat.

 

The soup, for example, on restaurants would normally smell like nothing until you approach it, but, in her case, the appetizing, pleasant aroma of the soup reaches all the way to the living room.

 

It seemed like she also mastered the way of decorating dishes, as the steak this time is professionally decorated to catch your attention.

 

As I stared at the dishes, contemplating over which one to pick. A sharp needle gaze came from my side, as she stared at me without blinking. Watching every single one of my movements which creeped me out, but I chose to ignore it.

 

I would love to pick the steak first, but I can only imagine myself not eating the rest of the dishes if I pick it. Therefore, as a first, I decided to pick on the crispy chicken fillet. Grabbing the fork on the plate, I stabbed the fillet as it let out a juicy, crisp sound. Placing it on my plate, I grabbed several spoons of rice.

 

Bowing down, I said: “Thanks for the meal!” as part of a tradition, before slicing the fillet with a knife, stabbing it with the fork, and dipping it in the golden-brown gravy. Without hesitating, I took a bite out of the gravy-dipped fillet, following it with rice before sounding out a delight sound.

 

The taste of chicken engulfed my mouth. A spicy sensation, like flames and a crisp feel upon chewing, all combined to bring upon a wonderful taste, slowly gulping it down onto my throat before taking a sip of the ice-cold avocado shake.

 

“How was it?” she asked.

 

“Delicious! How did you make this?!” I asked while slicing another piece of the chicken and dipping it with gravy before taking another bite.

 

With a bright, alluring smile. She replied to my question with great joy, “Nothing much—I made it with extra love, of course!”

 

Dozens of emotions conflicted with each other, as I stared at her happy face. A pure smile, different from the ones I see from others. My hand twitched, instinctively I hugged her tightly. Whispering into her right ear, “You adorable little creature, always thinking about me.”

 

Snuggling like a kitten, she returned the hug. Whispering back, with a worried voice, “Was work awful again, Elder Sister?”

 

Her voice was filled with bottomless worry, truly concerned. I kissed her forehead, as an attempt to reassure her but action isn’t enough to reassure her, words were also required.

 

“Work wasn’t as bad as before, don’t worry. Nothing will happen to your elder sister if you are here with me. There will be nothing to stop me from coming home to you,” I said while releasing her from my hug as she nodded.

 

Her face now relieved of worry looked brighter. A satisfying feeling rose inside my heart, as I looked back onto the dishes laid out in the table before patting her hair.

 

“Let’s eat now, okay?” I said before she happily nodded as the two of us started eating at our own pace. During this time, I felt like I forgot something, but decided to ignore it for now and continue eating with my adorable little sister.

 

An hour later, I stood out of the house. Dressed in a black skirt, white blouse with a cherry blossom emblem on our chest, and a shield emblem on both arms paired with a black necktie, with golden accents.

 

In the distance, was a white-haired girl of the same uniform, tying her black shoes outside the gate with a leather handbag on the floor. The girl was Alina, whose beauty blurred everything around her.

 

“Are you done?” I shouted at her before she stood up and ran towards me.

 

“Coming!” she replied, catching up to me as the two of us started our little walk towards the college. A whole hour late of the schedule, but that is another story for another time.


I am really sorry for the mess.

Don't forget to join my discord!

Advanced chapters are out. Patreon

 

48