Dropping the story
170 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unfortunately, I have to announce I'm dropping this series. I need to thank all you readers who have continued with the story and supported me thus far. For multiple reasons, I can't continue this story. I've come to a couple of things while writing this:

1. When writing this, I realized this story was like a prequel for the anti-hero that Joey became later. The problem was I wrote it in the wrong order.

2. A straight realistic poker novel isn't going to gather large enough of a reader base. It seems like most of the fans of this novel already liked poker to start. I'm working on a story concept for a wider range of high-risk underground gambling with supernatural elements. That would be the evolution of this idea that I think could attract more readers.

3. I prefer and am better at writing novels that are more comedic, with a less serious tone. Frankly, I also enjoy writing comedies much more.

4. My goal is to be able to support myself with writing full-time. It's unfortunate, but that also means I need to select a story with wider appeal because my time is limited.

Even though the journey was short, I'm still very grateful to everyone who has read to this point. I feel bad having to stop the novel, and I don't want to make a habit of this, which is why I've started to put a lot more care into selecting which story I write, outlining it in more detail, and such. 

If you enjoyed the story, and aren't too mad at me, I hope you'll take a look at my comedy which will stay ongoing and is publishing daily: My Pick Up Artist System.

Thank you all! I only hold the deepest fondness for everyone who has commented and followed me to this point. I hope I haven't disappointed you and you'll give me another chance.

Much love,

Samsara

4