Chapter 5 – Skirmish of Room 5
78 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Invaders have begun pursuit - Goblin is leading enemies to Room 5 - A group of 4 Goblins is presiding within the location]

 

“Oh it’s a success. Can you display the information on the outside monster party?”

 

[Displaying creature summary]

 

Goblin x 3 (Level 2)

Goblin Warrior x 1 (Level 5) 

 

“Oh a goblin warrior? It’s probably the highest level within this dungeon at the moment. I don’t have any expectation for them to defeat that group but they can probably inflict some damage at the least so I can gain some time and further insight. Evaluate the Goblin Warrior for me.”

 

[Goblin Warrior]

 

Among the race there will occasionally rise a goblin warrior with above average strength in comparison to the standard race. They are not uncommon however but it is to say that they rarely appear in lower level regions such as the current cavern. Their strength and vitality grow at a greater rate than normal goblins and physique is slightly better than the normal goblin although they are still somewhat small. They have better blunt weapon proficiency and some have sword proficiency after fighting with humans.

 

[Stats]

[Health: 69/69] [Mana:6/6]

[Strength: 26] [Endurance: 19] [Agility: 19]

[Intellect: 4] [Resistance: 12] [Luck: 4]

 

[State: Normal]

[Skills: Blunt Proficiency 1 ]

[Attributes: None]

 

“Is this considered good? Surely not right? Goblins are amongst the weakest things in any world. Well at least it's passable since at a light glance I can see the other goblins have atrocious stats… some of their hit points don’t even break 30.”

 

Looking towards the Kobold, I can’t help but have low expectations as well but I better check just in case.

 

“...?”

The Kobold turned its head and stared at me inquisitively. How odd I thought to myself as I saw a faint glimmer of recognition within the Kobold’s eyes.

 

[Kobold (?)]

 

Kobolds are a common race amongst the numerous creatures that span this world. In comparison they are not that different from the goblin race and can usually be found within the same dungeon areas as goblins. They look like small dog-like creatures and are slightly larger in size compared to goblins. Unlike goblins, Kobold mages don’t exist and they tend towards physical strength rather than the somewhat weak but versatile goblins. This Kobold in particular is different from the rest sporting greater intelligence, greater vitality and a will to survive, it has recognised you as a protector of the dungeon and has distanced itself from the other kobolds who do not recognise your presence, in a sense it is an outcast. It is not on the level of a variation but things could be expected of this kobold.

 

[Stats]

[Health: 82/82] [Mana:14/14]

[Strength: 22] [Endurance: 21] [Agility: 17]

[Intellect: 19] [Resistance: 16] [Luck: 29]

 

[State: Normal]

[Skills: Sword Proficiency 1 ]

[Attributes: Greater Vitality (VIT ↑↑) | Field Sense (EVA ↑)]

 

Now was the time for me to be confused. Are you telling me that this Kobold is going to be a one of a kind mage of its race unforeseen until now? Surely not right? What is with these stats? They’re higher than the Goblin Warrior for christ sakes. Greater Vitality on a Kobold? Is this a joke? The questions are flooding in, but there are no answers. Especially that luck stat. For such a low level creature is this the lifeline you’ve thrown to save me?

 

“Sword Proficiency huh? Here grab this sword it’s better than nothing.”

 

[You have transferred Poorly Crafted Sword to Kobold ]

[The Kobold has equipped poorly crafted sword - ATK has increased by 8 ]

[Kobold loyalty has increase by 10]

 

“So it's like that huh? Everyone has to survive on their own so the moment you show some kindness you build up rapport. Well I guess in this dog eat dog world this would make sense.”

 

[A battle has started in Room 5]

 

“So it's begun, do you think you can get the kobolds in other areas to join the fight?”

 

The kobold shakes its head.

 

“Don’t worry about it, it was within my expectations anyway.”

 

The kobold nods again as it swings its sword as if gaining familiarity with it for the first time.

 

“How is the status of the second Goblin that I dispatched?”

 

[The Goblin has failed to entice other goblins to join in your fight]

 

“Again that’s to be expected. They don’t acknowledge me due to lack of loyalty and my lack of power.”

 

I started wondering if I was really that weak but up until this point I’ve still been unable to evaluate my stats.

 

“Ask the goblin to take the path that the invaders took and cut off their exit from the narrow cavern path. It’ll be a flank ambush and should have a decent effect on the invading party.”

 

[Command has been issued. Goblin is now intercepting from behind]

 

“Good even though the battle likely will be lost it’ll be a fight where the numbers will be 4 versus 6. Effectively the battle is fought between Goblin Warrior and the two lead members however minimizing the numbers of the enemy will lower their morale.”

 

[Battle in room 5 is progressing. 2 goblins have been injured - The battle is skewed in favor of the invaders ]

 

“It’s time to sit and watch. If I am too hasty then my downfall will be evident. The danger rating classified this as 45%, I don’t have any idea how the system is rating this or if this is truly threatful to me but the further things progress the more calm I feel. Even with this losing battle it doesn’t feel like things have gotten worse, rather I think things have gotten a lot better.”

 

I shift my focus again to focus on the battle as seen through the view of the system.

 

“Tyren! We were able to fight off the 3 goblins before this with no problems however 5 is a slightly different situation. Amongst those goblins I can see one with a physique different to the others. To think that a goblin warrior would appear in a place so devoid of mana…”

 

“It’s fine! I’m far stronger than that goblin warrior. Even though I won’t be able to kill it as fast as the others I can fend it off along with the other goblins with no problems, I won’t be in danger at all.”

 

“You’re not looking at this from a big perspective! You can fight them and shrug off the damage but the ones that get through will try to pass both me and you and attack the weaker ones with us!”

 

I could see this thief Liana wasn’t as bad as I thought, although she was short of breath fighting the two goblins she was still able to use her brain to assess the situation.

 

“Liana! They are in the back line. We brought them along originally to search the area and gain some experience and to carry our luggage. They are a dime a dozen within the gang, it doesn’t matter if we can’t protect them.”

 

“You dolt! Listen to me, before arriving here we had collected a few items already. After making it into this cavern we’ve defeated goblins and found more items along the way. Including all the drops and the weapons laying about who’s going to carry it back if not them! The weapons may be trash but we can sell the material for scrap at a blacksmith. The coin that we can make is no small amount.”

 

As if hit on the head, one could see Tyren has truly not thought about this.

 

“He is a boneheaded warrior after all.”

 

I muttered out loud as I thought to myself.

 

“Maybe this will lead them into a decision to leave instead…”

 

I thought again as I remember reading the personalities of the two.

Aggressive. Greedy. Of course they won’t leave, it’s almost inbuilt into their genes at this point.

 

[Goblin - Level 3 has arrived from behind ]

 

“Finally, some good fucking food.”

 

I chuckled as I remembered a meme from my otherworldly memories.

 

---

 

Author Note:

 

“Finally, Some good fucking food” - A meme from Gordan Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares

0