Chapter 6 – Battles are won or lost
71 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ask the goblin to ambush one of the weaker members of the party. Make sure it’s done swiftly, one hit one kill if possible, don’t alert them until the act is complete at the least.”

 

[Goblin - Level 3 has received orders]

[Goblin has attacked the Level 2 party member - due to the ambush the attack is critical. The claws have opened a fatal wound on the surprised member’s neck]

 

“Oh are general humans weak to this extent or was it a critical hit due to the surprise factor? This is pretty good!”

 

[The enemy has been alerted to the Goblin’s presence ]

[The status of invader party member: Human - Level 3 Commoner has changed]

[Status has changed from: Normal → Shocked]

[The invader will no longer be able to move or take action for a predetermined amount of time]

[Your DP has increased]

[A fraction of the experience earned by your subordinates has been transferred to you]

 

“...? What is up with all these alerts”

 

My brows furrowed as I tried to process the new information being displayed directly to my mind. DP? Is this something like dungeon points to build this area and exchange for items? Even status changes are recorded so easily. It’s like having a system that does Appraisal for me without having to process everything myself. Now what about this EXP gained… Wait a minute you mean I don’t have to go out there to gain exp or levels? Isn’t this too easy? Even if it's a fraction there must be some sort of catch.

 

“The state of the battlefield has changed again.”

 

[A goblin in the front force has been killed]

[A goblin attacking Liana has shifted aggro to Tyren to maintain 3 on 1 state]

 

“Tyren! I’ll have to move back to defend the last one with us. Please hold out, if they attack us again after killing him then our condition will surely worsen.”

 

Tcch. I clicked my tongue as I thought to myself. Things are never as easy as they seem. The advantage had swapped between the enemy party to myself but this was quickly mitigated back into a stalemate. It would only be a matter of time before the balance would break in their favor again.

 

“Rrrrgh! Get out of my way you goblin scum.” 

 

A wide arc slash cut at the two goblins encircling Tyren from the front fataling wounding one of them and damaging the goblin warrior to a degree. However the goblin warrior struck back with the blunt rod it was holding and landed a crushing hit on the warriors left wrist. The impact could be seen and Tyren’s sword grasp could be seen to loosen slightly. Having a damaged hand while wielding a two handed sword would drastically decrease their battle potential.

 

[The system has completed evaluation for Tyren]

[Name: Tyren]

[Title: None] 

[Race: Human]

[Physical Age: 26] [Level: 7]

[Disposition: Aggressive]

[Class: Warrior]

[Stats]

[Health: 65/142] [Mana:6/6]

[Strength: 39 (30) ] [Endurance: 27] [Agility: 22]

[Intellect: 11] [Resistance: 15] [Luck: 12]

 

[State: Sword Arm damaged (STR ↓) ]

[Skills: Sword Proficiency 2 | Recovery 1 ]

[Attributes: Sword Insight (SWD ATK↑| SWD MST ↑)]

 

Yikes. I thought to myself, that there would be a disparity but I didn’t think it would be this much. He looks like a 3rd rate musclehead at the least but compared to the monsters his health is almost double of them. I understand the monsters are limited by their race and levels but still even if you compare him to the thief with 67 Max HP…

 

“I wonder how the thief is doing.”

 

[Liana is in a suboptimal condition with 28/67 HP]

 

So they’re in a half-dead state. I pondered as I tapped on my chin. In this case I wonder if me and the Kobold here would win against them.

 

“Well fortune favors the bold they say.”

I said as I looked across at the kobold next to me to see if it would elicit a reaction. I could see the kobold shrug it’s shoulders as if it were helpless in this situation. Hey hey! You can’t be the coward in the party here. I frowned as I thought.

‘He seems to be the cautious survivalist type. He hasn’t gotten this far but messing around his intellect and his luck stat are proof of that.’

 

I shook my head again, trying to think of a plan that would win this cowardly yet still loyal kobold to my side.

 

“Order our goblins to retreat. The extension of this battle does not bear any fruits of success for us, it’s best to cut our losses at this point. First get our stronger goblin to return back to the narrow cavern passageway, if they try to fight they will win against it but will have to deal with damage from the other goblins behind. Next get our lower level goblin to flee slowly. This will lower the battle numbers from 4 versus 3 down to 2 versus 3. I will save my manpower and if things go well the goblin warrior might retreat with us, if not even if it will die it doesn’t matter.”

 

[Your commands have been issued - Goblins are following your orders]

 

“Tyren! The goblins are retreating. I’ll use this time to finish off one of the goblins on my side, while you should finish off that goblin warrior on your end.”

 

“I know! I’m on it. How dare this bastard damage my hand to this point. I won’t have an ounce of mercy for you!”

 

I wanted to scream out at that point.

‘Oi Oi. You mean you were being merciful before and going easy on my goblins while killing them off?!’

But I thought about that and thought again no one here would enjoy my humor. I mean it's just a kobold, a core and I.

 

[A goblin has died]

[The goblin warrior is in a critical state and has decided to retreat]

 

“Oh it's like that as well huh? His entire pack got exterminated and he's finally able to process it with his tiny brain. It’s too late however…”

“Die!” The loud roar from Tyren shaking my eardrums even though I’m a distance away, I watched as he drew his sword crashing down on the remaining goblin warrior.

 

[The goblin warrior has been slain]

 

“Ask both remaining goblins to do a full retreat.”

 

[Commands have been issued]

 

“Chase after them!” Tyren screamed, it was clear that he’s lost all sense of rationality.

 

“Sir….Sir! Maybe we should retreat, we are not in a great state and we’ve lost our other party member.”

 

Tyrens eyes seemed bloodshot like that were incensed, even Liana looked at the kid with disdain.

 

“How dare you! If you want to sit here and die if a stray goblin comes to get you then be my guest!”

 

As he said that you could see that he was chasing after the remaining goblin it would be a matter of time before he caught up. Even Liana following by his side was gaining at an incredible pace. One has to envy a thief’s agility after all.

 

“All according to keikaku.”

 

-------

 

Author Note: 

Keikaku means plan

PS: I’m gonna fit in a lot of memes randomly or weeby comments - Please don’t hate me

0