Chapter 7: I’ll scheme you into a dead end
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I laughed as I muttered to myself. All I had to do was get this weak goblin back to the main core room and have the goblin run to the center where the kobold is nearby the crimson core. By this point the intruders would just assume the Kobold is the Dungeon Boss or Dungeon Master. Ingenious if I say so myself. And what role would I play? Again a simple matter I’ll just play a hapless dead adventurer who fell into greed’s temptation and died before knowing what's good for me. But don’t worry you’ll fall into my position shortly.

 

“This...this is the dungeon core room.” Liana muttered as the room's lighting was far more luminescent than the previous ‘Room 5’.

 

“Hahaha we’ve struck it big! There's only a single kobold along with that measly goblin from before.” You could feel Tyren’s confidence, the bastard is way too confident, it’s understandable though.

 

“Look there, there seems to be more swords, spears, sabers and all sorts of items lying around. The quality doesn’t seem too good though. I wonder if a treasure chest will drop once we kill the kobold? I could use my lockpicking skill then. Careful Tyren, It should be quite strong as a dungeon master, you can see a dead adventurer still close by if you look carefully.”

 

Tyren rushed forward to start his fight with the kobold. I could tell that after his fight with the goblin warrior that his health had recovered a small amount, it made me feel envious somewhat. HP Regen on such a bandit like existence.

 

“I’ll play support Tyren! Keep him busy while I find a chance to deliver a serious strike. You can ignore that little goblin on the side. It won’t influence us in a battle of this level.”

 

“Ahahaha. I can smell the money, fame and honor as we capture this core and become the talk of the town!”

 

I faintly smirked, I didn’t want to rain on his parade just yet, the battle state is in itself even though the invaders have a heavy advantage. The kobold is deceptively skilled at defensive combat and on top of that his evasion of attacks is quite a boon as well. To be expected of a <<Field Sense>> skill. I could sense their concentration increase as they kept laying the pressure on the kobold. The goblin was being completely ignored at this point and the thief was trying to find a perfect opportunity to strike…

 

“But unfortunately you met me.” I smiled as I couldn’t repress the killing intent surging within me. An overwhelming instinct to survive and be the one who holds power at the flooded through my very being. The distance between me and the thief Liana was cut down within an instant. The sword strike struck out and a bloom of red scattered out as I sliced diagonally from behind.

 

[You have slain the thief Liana]

[You have gained 74 experience points]

[Your DP has increased]

 

The red blood stained my face in parts but I didn’t have an inclination to clear it off.

 

[This is the first time you have killed someone after coming to this world]

[A further bonus will be applied after the battle]

 

The first time I’ve killed someone in this world? Are you telling me I have experience killing people in other worlds before?

 

“Liana...You. WHO ARE YOU?!”

 

I could hear Tyren scream at me, the apparent fear tinged his voice, this was probably the first time he didn’t display his aggressive alpha male demeanour.

 

“A corpse wants to know my secrets?” I chuckled. I could feel the air in the room plummet a hundred degrees. I licked my lips and cleared some of the blood within the corners of my mouth, I assumed I had an extremely demonic appearance to him at the moment. 

 

“You...You monster.”

 

Is this what it feels like to be a villain? It’s like acting out a riveting play. You just spout edgy provocative remarks and invoke fear in the enemy, I could drown in these fantasies. I must say my past self would’ve been some chuuni otaku type.

 

“Thank you for the compliment.”

 

I rush forward as the adrenaline kicks in. I truly don’t know if I am his match but my instinct has overwritten my common sense at this point. He is wounded, I am in peak state. His action is covered in fear whilst I have the morale after defeating his lover. It’s kinda pitiful really I surmised in my head.

 

There are sharp noises as metal bashes upon each other. The strikes reflect, I can feel the rebound, I am definitely on the worse end. My eyes focus and my body strains itself to parry his next counter strike. These are the benefits of using a one-handed sword against a wounded person with a two handed grip.

 

“Hmm..?!” We both remark in exclaim as the situation has turned its course in a strange direction. I successfully parry his strike mitigating the damage and return a strike on him. The strike is somewhat effective. His health was low in the first place. At that moment…

 

“Arrrgh! How dare you!”  The Kobold that had been sitting idle in our fight has joined in and struck a solid stab into Tyren’s exposed left back. I repress a sinister laugh while inwardly commending the kobold.

 

[The enemy Tyren’s health has plummeted to 35/142]

 

In a wild swing Tyren attacks me from the front. I’m caught unprepared for musing around too much. It’ll serve as a valuable lesson I guess.

 

[Tyren’s Wild Swing has inflicted 27 dmg to you - Your HP: ???/???]

Ooi! What's with that strike?! Am I someone with paper thin defense? That strike could’ve killed a weaker goblin instantly! But wait a moment… that strike doesn’t hurt and as I look at the scar from the slash mark it’s somewhat serious but why do I feel like it’s ok?

 

[We are finalizing the evaluation of the user’s status]

 

It’s about time! How long is a transmigrator like me going to continue without knowing how strong he is compared to the natives of this world?

 

A thrown stone strikes Tyren in the head. At this point I’m starting to reevaluate the usefulness of these goblins. The kobold and I brush eyes,  our thoughts align, if this were a game you would hear strange sound effects as we perform a combo art, but in reality it's just a really slow stab and slash from the front and back.

 

[The enemy Tyren’s health has plummeted to 5/142]

 

Honestly I can’t believe that stone the goblin threw actually did 2 DMG. It even had an interrupt effect.

 

The sword in Tyren's hand drops, he staggers 10 steps back as if retreating and he falls to his knees.

 

“This is madness… in what world can a human be a dungeon master?”

His eyes are staring at me with a pleading look. I lower my sword and look towards the kobold and it returns a nod.

 

“Madness? THIS IS MY CAVERN!”

 

I travel forward as I flykick him conveniently into a sinkhole.

------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note:

 

In the movie, 300, the Persians send a messenger to King Leonidas. After offending him the Persian messenger says: “This is blasphemy! This is madness!” As Leonidas faces him he yells: “Madness? This is Sparta!” Kicking the Persian messenger into a deep well. 

 

I would’ve loved to just write that but I’ve got to avoid copyright rights you know *shrugs*.

Readers: Where did the sinkhole come from?

Author: Where can't a sinkhole come from? *smugface*

0