Chapter 11 – The girl in the crimson dress
62 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere here is strange, what in the world is such a pretty girl doing in my dungeon?! Is this the rumored, pretty dungeon core waifu that people speak of? I can’t help but pace about in this situation. Maybe the shock has finally hit, it must be that.

 

I turn back to glance at the beautiful girl standing before me. It can’t be helped that I don’t have any experience dealing with these unearthly beauty types. Her youthful looks and delicate features paired with her hawk like crimson eyes exuded a charm that couldn’t be resisted.

 

“I…” I tried to mumble out but I just couldn’t speak.

 

“Papa Nyarlorn, told me you would be an interesting character. But you’re just plain weird. This isn’t going to be any fun at all.”

 

Even when pouting she looked like an unearthly beauty, but I couldn’t help but frown. I felt attacked, this Nyarlorn fellow knew this was gonna happen and he dared to prank me?

 

‘That bastard, I’ll get him one of these days.’ I vowed solemnly deep down in my heart.

 

[Nyarlorn is watching you]

 

“Do I get any privacy around here? Wait a moment she called you papa, what's up with that?”

 

[You have received a message from Nyarlorn]

 

“Hey kiddo, you’ve done well surviving your first battle! Since I can’t show you any favoritism here I can’t give out rewards willy nilly even though I hate Almora! Anyhoo, little crimson over there is the manifestation of the core and since all cores come from me she is essentially my daughter. Now I understand for a boy going through puberty it is hard. But if you put your hands on my daughter that will be it you hear me? Please try to restrain yourself. You’re here to protect her and not be her greatest threat.”

 

I don’t even know what to reply with at this point. This guy is too shameless.

 

“Oh PS - This generation of cores came out roughly 10 Years ago. Added onto the fact that it took you 3 years to form your mana spirit body then little Crimson over there is 13 albeit her looks. So I'll report you to Netherworld Cops if you have any sinister intentions.”

 

I screamed in my head. This is an absolute injustice, the first of the many humanoid like allies within my midst is a beauty on such a worldly scale but is in fact a 13 year old dungeon core with the equivalent mental acuity. It’s just so unfair, I feel like I’ve been played with constantly at this point.

 

“Can... can she at least respond to my demands at least?”

 

“I can still do tasks you task you idiot! I’m a grown girl! How rude of you!”

 

What the hell? I’m the rude one? Ahh that’s right they tend to go through a rebellious phase at this age right? But does that really apply to non-human entities?

 

“Ahh, ahh so you can do the task huh? Nyarlorn told me that you were called ‘Crimson’, a fitting name if I could say seeing that your eyes and clothes are the same color.”

 

“Flattery won’t get you nowhere, papa told me to be careful of strangers.”

 

Every word coming out of her mouth is like a stab through my chest. How can this little girl be so ruthless! And what's with being a stranger! Come on, I’m legitimately your protector.

 

“Ahh little miss, I’m not trying to flatter you nor am I trying to take advantage of you. You and I are however stuck within this situation together, so I think it’s best if we get acquainted.”

 

I can see Crimson pondering upon my words, it seems she has finally come to accept my presence, well time to strike when the iron is hot.

 

“Since it’s like this I think we should agree that things should follow structure so that there are no disagreements. Finding a replacement dungeon master is not an easy thing as well so you should listen to what I say in order to ensure the most stability so that we can maintain enough safety for yourself.”

 

Crimson nods as if agreeing, great! It’s easy to fool these 13 year olds. I sighed in relief.

 

“I guess I can agree to that, I’ll listen to what you say since you will be doing the majority of the heavy work while I reap the rewards, so who cares if I have to address you as master and do so menial chores on top of that.”

 

Wait a minute, who took advantage of who at that moment. Is this the workhorse husband scenario who comes home to an abusive wife scenario? I just want to wallow in misery at this point.

 

“Well aren’t you gonna ask about what task you can now perform after my evolution?”

“Ahh that’s right the system did mention that you evolved to tier 2. I get to access additional features and everything now too with your evolution.”

 

“Yeah that's right! Crimson here is super duper awesome! I can do lots of things like taking care of the household and bringing in new house guards and such.”

 

We’re gonna need a lot of new extra manpower in the future if the adventurers are gonna raid us like crazy, afterall I don’t want to be overworked to death.

 

“So when are you gonna tell us what you can do?”

 

I put my hand on my hips and started tapping my foot. This girl, maybe I can bring her down a notch myself.

 

“Tcch, no fun at all, don’t rush me! Let me show it all in one go!”

 

She ran at me and then pointed her finger at me, it felt like I was being accused but then she tapped me on my nose and I thought it was kinda adorable.

 

[You can see the information displayed right? I’m gonna show it all into your mind right now]

 

Whoa, it’s like another scenario with the system all over again.

 

[A summary of the functions of the dungeon core are below ]

 

[Dungeon Modification]

 

Heyo there master! With the accumulation of your hard earned DP we can finally modify our home sweet home. Let’s welcome our guests with some of our DIY traps! There are some pitfalls and some arrow traps. I’ve even added in some flamethrower type traps to keep the enemies warm in the coming winter but you’re kinda poor at the moment to afford that so oh well. Oh! Right I’m not downplaying your ability or anything master if anything I have ‘absolute’ faith in you.

 

On top of that, what kinda shoddy home is this that we can’t even make renovations to change the scenery or build new rooms. As we are right now we could probably afford another room to take care of the kids but there aren’t any kids… You got a lot to live up to.

 

  1. Don’t even bother about building new floors, in this world creating another level means going closer to the underground omega core of this world. Obviously the mana levels will be higher and 

[Monster Summoning]

 

Monster Summoning is exactly what it's made out to be, a dungeon is composed of monsters and monsters require mana to survive. They don’t need food or water to survive like the rest of the human race, the reason why they are so servient to us cores is because we basically spoon feed them the basic necessities. Only humans would be idiots enough to bite the hand that feeds right? Oh you’re asking me why all the monsters weren’t under my command before? Well I was a slumbering dungeon core so the services I was providing weren’t meeting the bills they were paying so they were a bit angry I guess.

 

Right now I’m a tier 2 dungeon core - we are classified as newly awakened cores who are generally in adolescent state. I think I’m a big girl though. Anyhoo, right now I can bring into existence a new member to our party every 24 hours, that right! You’ll be able to see me spawn some wicked albeit weak fighting kiddos, maybe you’ll be lucky enough to get some nice fighting class ones, I doubt it though with your terrible luck.

 

Right now I can summon [Slimes], [Goblins],[Kobolds],[Spiders],[Snakes],[Bats] and [Mandragoras]. Aren’t I awesome? The range has increased since you have become the dungeon master so I guess I can applaud you. Good job!

 

Oh by the way. You have a few goblin cores there. If you give me some I can forcefully summon extra goblins for you. Some of them might even have extra features.

 

The summoned creature's strength are determined by the ability of the dungeon core, so the stronger you become, the stronger I become and the stronger our subordinates will be.

 

Here lemme try summoning a random monster now and putting the ability on cooldown.

 

[The dungeon core Crimson has invoked Monster Summoning]

[A new monster has been summoned… ]

[A Slime (Level 1) has entered under your command]

 

“Well this guys gonna be useless, the adventurers might even ignore him since he’ll probably drop only 1 EXP.”

 

Crimson thwacks me on the head. I wonder what I did to deserve that.

 

“You listen here! I’m not done explaining yet!”

 

[Monster Contract]

 

Now this is similar to Monster Summoning but the difference is you pay for the monsters with DP! The amount of DP corresponds to strength and the amount of notoriety or respect they have for you. As you know if you’re a no name Dungeon Master from the sticks you won’t be able to attract monsters with great ability - don’t even bother with boss-like creatures like Bahamut or Tiamat.

 

‘Ooooooooo. So they exist in this world.’ I thought to myself, my eyes were glistening.

 

Right now the rates of exchange are rather a rip off. If you can imagine Tyren almost solo clearing the dungeon and providing only a 150 DP then you can imagine how scary the merchants are by asking for 50 DP for one goblin and 65 DP for a kobold. It’s a SCAM! 

 

I frowned. Tyren could’ve bonked 3 Goblins in his sleep. It is indeed a massive rip off, only an idiot, low intel stat monster dungeon master would do that. But I wanna scan the list anyway just in case…

 

“You can’t scan the list, do it later when you build up some reputation.”

 

Crimson, flicked me in the nose this time. Why is this little lady so cruel!

 

“Go rest up for now. I’ll tell you about the rest for later.”

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

---------------

 

Author Note: Ahh the bossy and immature female support lead trope - classic

 

P.S: Nyarlorn makes Crimson take on the form of main character’s waifu with similar age outlook as the main character - Age 19 (But she's still 13)

 

Author Note 2: Why is the main character still nameless? Don’t worry I think up one sooner or later - I might chuck it in maybe 50 or 60 chapters down the line when he registers as an adventurer or something ehehehhe

0