Day 4: master?
2.3k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ed: Steelz

When I woke up, I noticed I was being carried by Mawee.

James: Eh what? 

Then I saw that my clothes are now different, they were the same as Mawee with a hood on it.

Mawee felt my movement, she turned her face to me.

Mawee: Master you're awake! 

She slows down and lets me go.

James: Master? Why are you calling me master?

Mawee: Of course, you are my master after you gave me this collar.

She shows her neck under the hood.

(Ah that collar...)

I observe that we are in a different location.

The time wasn't much different it is  than before since it was still dawn.

James: Hey uhh Mawee, where are we going?

Mawee: To a nearby human town master, just for your convenience.

(What did she mean? That I would feel better in a human town?)

James: Why are we going there?

I ask her as I still have some lingering doubts. The kingdom is probably are searching for me now, especially After those three...

Mawee: Master you know what a slave is?

(Is slavery here the same as the history of my world?)

James: No, can you explain?

(I know those kinds of slavery in anime and history, but they're different. I don't know if they will be the same here too.)

Mawee: Ah well, you're a hero Master so you wouldn't know, let me explain. A slave is someone who has a magic collar, like mine. Slave's have all sorts of purposes, maids, party members, human resources and all sorts of things a human can do. For us demons, slaves are useful as humans who are slaved by us because can't betray us, it is the same for the humans, look master this is the proof of me being your slave, you can see it glows meaning that you are my master.

She shows it again, but this time itis has a tinge of glow in it. It can be seen under her hood.

Mawee: Bbut I didn't think that Master would offer this to me.

When she said it, she was smiling. 

James: ...

I didn't know what to say about this so I kept quiet.

Mawee: Master, time is running we won't reach the town while the sun is up so let's go~!

She suddenly carries me forcefully then runs at full speed.

James: AaAAa!!!

...

Once we reach a place where we could see the town, she stops and brings me down.

James: Would you be ok inside the town? After all, you're not a human Mawee.

Mawee: Master you might not think of it but I know the livelihoods of the humans, assassins are meant to know how to blend between our enemies. When the best moment arrives, that's when we strike!

Mawee explains about her profession proudly while my fear grows.

James: Haha.

I just laughed it off, but the urge to escape from her is growing.

Mawee: Now master let us go.

James: Yes yes.

...

Once we reached the gate, some guard's stops us.

Guard: Stop right there! 

We both stopped.

Guard: Remove the hood.

I complyied but Mawee isn't doing anything, she just becomes silent.

Guard: How about the other one?

Mawee was beside me, so as to not cause any commotion, I lifted her hood down.

Guard: A slave huh, do you have any identification on you?

James: No sir we uh, lost it as my carriage was attacked by monsters.

Guard: Come, we'll take care of the identification.

I comply again but Mawee seems like she is in a bad mood.

James: Now now, let's just go please.

She finally followsed the guard with me.

...

With my hood on, we enter a room in a big building with people inside, they are wearing all sorts of battle clothing, it seems like they are adventurers or mercenaries.

We are led to a room.

But before we could go in we were stopped.

???: A slave isn't allowed inside.

I act as fast as I can to calm Mawee.

Stopping her was easier said than done, I can feel the electricity when I touch her, thankfully I wasn't too late.

James: Mawee you can wait here, this is an order.

I add “order” as usually in isekai they follow this logic have those kind of logic.

Then I enter.

A receptionist is waiting inside, in the middle, there is a crystal ball.

The receptionist is was an elf working at ain a table, then she start talking to me.

???: Welcome, just place your hand there and then you can leave. Wwe'll get you the papers in about an hour’s time.

James: O-ok.

I place my hand on the crystal, it changes colors for a moment before returning to its bland black and white color.

???: Is it done? 

James: Yes.

???: Then please leave.

James: Thank you.

...

Leaving the room I immediately see Mawee who has the look of the crying cat meme.

James: Mawee?

She turnsed, and approachesaproached me.

Suddenly my stomach growls.

I remember that I needed to eat, for the past 4 days here I didn't eat, drink, defecate, or pee...

Is this the power of a hero? Slowing it down the metabolism so much that I won't need to eat for in a few days?

Mawee: Ah, how could I have forgotten master's meal?!

...

In the end, I was treated to a meal by Mawee.

44