Day ??.2: The past huh.
1.9k 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ed: Steelz

---

Mawee: You're mine James forever and ever you will be MINE.

She did all sorts of things to me to satisfy herself.

James: Please stop Mawee I beg you! Please...

Mawee: Sorry but I can't, not until you're completely mine.

James: Aaaa...

---

I woke up.

I was sweating profusely.

James: Just a dream? Haa...

Putting my hands to my head I thought.

(Currently I was inside an inn I was given a free night here by Toka, she used her own money to let me stay she even let me borrow some money. While those three stayed on a seperate room together. I might've be en jealous of him if I didn't experience 'that' memory imprinted on me, it makes me shiver. Doing it everytime with me, shackled into the chains and I couldn't even move. I was a toy for Mawee to play with.)

I then took a look at the window.

I opened it and I saw a dark sky.

James: It is still night.

(I can't sleep like this after that dream. How about I explore this town to know more about this world... At first I was guided by Mawee but it was all an act to lead me to my confinement.)

I stood up to felt something unusual.

When I saw the clothes I was wearing I thought.

(Isn't this extravagant? if I go out dressed like this, Im sure something would happen to me as I look like a big shot.)

Being in a situation where I will be mugged is something I don't want to happen because I knew I was powerless in this world.

Without power I was a weak human being.

I searched the room if there was something I could use.

Luckily I found clothes that could cover my whole body and my head.

I didn't cover my face but it had a hood so that I won't be found out easily.

I walked towards the door.

I opened it to a bit peek and saw no one was outside.

I left my room to go out.

Walking past the cateferia, nothing really happened.

Once I left the inn my destination was the slums.

My goal was to get information.

All I wanted to know was If I could live in this world without them finding me.

I knew the destination of the slum because we had to cross it to get in the inn we were staying at.

Walking through the dark street is a problem I had to face but for the sake of me being free without worry, this was just a peace of cake.

Humans when exposed to darkness have their eyes adapt to make it easier to see in the moonlight.

In about a minute or so I could finally see the street slightly with the help of the moonlight.

A quiet night is something I was used to, In my previous world, I always go outside when it's night just to relax from the problems I was facing; family debt, grades, work, and the rent of the place I was staying at.

While walking through the streets I thought of my past.

I was popular in school and had always been confessed to. I rejected them all because I needed to focus on my work, the debt my parents have was passed onto me when they died and the rent was my biggest problem.

I didn't have time to have a girlfriend, at the same time, my grade was a priority as I was in a private school I was being given free scholarship there because of my grades.

But it all came to an end when I was summoned here.

I thought I was free but to think that I was being chased by psychopaths I wanted to go back if I could.

I look at the moon.

Seeing two moons I thought.

(It's really another world... if only I wasn't being chased.)

James: The past huh.

Currently in my pocket was 10 silver coins that was borrowed from Toka and a piece of bread that I didn't eat.

I don't know the reason but I cautiously accepted her money.

...

When I reached the Slums it was eerilee quiet unlike the streets earlier where there are still some noises from the people that were awake.

Entering the slum is dangerous but I really had no choice because I know this is the only area where I could  gather information without them knowing.

I've been noticing it, those three planned to take me back to the princess.

I didn't ask them but that's enough for me to suspect them.

I found beggars that were sleeping on the sidewalk.

Looking at them, I felt the urge to help them but I didn't do it.

I might die due to my own actions so I decided not to.

Walking past them I saw someone aproaching me.

???: M-mister.

I was surprised that a little girl has approached me in this time of night.

James: What?

???: Y-you need something like work or a-anything I'll do anything just give p-pay me.

(Looks like this child so desperate for money, It might be problematic if something were to happen to her because she said she'll do anything.)

James: What is it for?

I was curious as to why she needed money that's why I asked her.

???: M-my mother...s-she was sick...

James: You don't have to do anything here this is the only thing I can give.

It was five silver coins.

(I atleast want to help other people I don't want them to be like my past.)

???: B-but-

James: No but just help your mother she's sick right?

???: Thank you! 

He/she immediately ran to a rundown house just beside the sidewalk.

Seeing that the child entered a rundown house in the sidewalk I continued on to my destination.

My destination was a place where all sorts of people gathered, be it criminals or not. All I knew was with 1 Silver coin, you could stay there for about 5 days in an inn and it can help me gather information even if just a bit.

Using this money I'll use it to my advantage.

If I didn't act now I might be captured by them.

I found a gathering of people.

But there was something I didn't expect.

It was dark but that area had torches with noisy people around it.

When I come closer it became clearer that it was a mob of people with weapons or sickle in their hands.

What came to my mind was some sort of witch hunt was happening.

I forgot my objective and just followed them.

My looks could be suspicious but they didn't  seem to care, it seemed like they were more focused on something.

When they arrive at their destination they prepared wood to light a fire.

They didn't light it up, they were waiting for something.

I asked them while waiting.

James: Hello can you tell me whats going on? Im a traveller so I don't know.

The old man answered.

Old man: Ah! Traveler eh its because tonight the authorities will bring a demon.

I Immediately think of Mawee when he said 'demon'.

Thinking that Mawee was brought to the authorities after she tried attacking the three.

I didn't ask further and decided to wait.

...

My expectation was right it was Mawee.

But when I saw her someone tapped on my shoulder.

???: There you are!

I turned to look who it was.

Toka: I was looking for you James, when I took a look at your room you disappeared.

James: ...

I tried to keep quiet and acted like I didn't know her.

Toka: You know I was worried about you...

I feigned ignorance.

Toka: Come let's go back to the inn.

As she said that I saw Mawee being crucified at the fire.

Toka: That's the catgirl that tried to attack us.

Then I heard her yell.

Mawee: I WILL NOT ACCEPT BEING KILLED BY SOME MEASLY HUMANS ONLY JAMES IS ALLOWED TO KILL ME!

When I heard her say my name, I got goosebumps, When I look at Mawee again I saw her looking straight at me.

(She knows that I'm here.)

Her looks are miserable but she just keep staring at me.

Should Mawee escape, be saved or leave to her demise.
  • Save her (not james) Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Escape (plot armor) Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Leave her Votes: 2 5.9%
  • James will save her (Not recommended) Votes: 12 35.3%
Total voters: 34 · This poll was closed on Aug 1, 2020 05:42 AM.
41