Chapter 03 : Who am I?
375 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl smiled as she circled Alex as if trying to memorize every part of him.

"You can pass you know? It'll just take a while for your body to recover. Of course, I can send you back out, but you'll feel the pain of the transition."

"The transition from human to vampire of course. Didn't that guy out there explain it to you? Vampires are real, isn't that fun?"

Alex looked as the girl spun in a circle, making the red dress she wore fly upwards a bit. Alex hadn't had time in college to get a girlfriend, so when he saw the pale yet beautiful thighs, his thoughts shifted.

As if reading his expression, the girl gave him a sultry smile and raised a corner of her dress. "Want to see~?"

As if he lost control, he nearly nodded, then he realized what had almost happened.

"Stop! Who are you? What do you want?" The girl pouted as if she had been wronged while releasing the dress from between her dainty fingers.

"I was just happy to see you though... Do you not like me? If you don't like me, then why should I stay alive?" Her face morphed into one of sadness, nearly tugging on Alex's heart strings.

"It's not that I don't like you, you are indeed very beautiful, but I need to find out how to leave this place." He said with a serious tone.

The girl nodded rapidly and then fiddled with her fingers. "I know a shortcut you can take, but if you go, you won't be able to come back."

She pointed and a black door materialized out of nothingness. Beyond the gate were a sea of wailing souls and skeletons.

"The only way out is to understand that you aren't what you were, you are better. Don't pity the humans, they are food." Her red eyes sparkled with happiness.

"It's about time for you to wake up, and as for who I am... well I'm you." With a bombshell that left Alex wanting to know more.

As he opened his mouth to speak, he felt something soft in his mouth and bit down in reflex.

A liquid spurred out, and the thoughts that were crossing his mind grounded to a halt. He had never had something so delicious.

A feral growl left his lips as he thrashed around, trying to drain it all in one go. After the liquid ceased to come out, he started thrashing out.

As if the words cut into his consciousness, he heard the booming of two words. 'WAKE UP!'

His eyes shot open and his gaze blankly stated into space, looking at the dust motes twirling in the air with wonder.

"I see you're awake. Make sure not to lose yourself, as that will cause you to enter a blood frenzy. If you don't get enough food, your mind will deteriorate until a hollow shell is left, seeking to feed endlessly."

Alex felt his body's changes and opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm fine, I-" Instead of his normal slightly deep voice, his voice now sounded like the tinkling of bells! He reached for his throat and a dainty hand, small and delicate made his head ache.

Looking down, he saw a red dress on his body, and he realized what the girl meant when she said she was him.

'I didn't think it would actually be like this! Is there a way to change back? How can I live life as a girl?'

"Relax, gender changing isn't the weirdest thing that has happened during transitioning. You can change forms, concentrate on your body, and let that thought blood your mind."

He did as he was told, and soon his body was covered in a hazy red mist that slowly vanished, leaving a gaping Alex standing in the midst of the hall wearing a tight red dress.

Zane smiled helplessly while Vex who Alex hadn't realized was in the room fell to the floor laughing.

Alex's face turned angry as he glared at the duo. Zane let out a light laugh as well.

"Don't blame me, it was Vex who decided to not tell you to change clothes. Worry not, we vampires have perfect recall, so we will always remember this."

Alex nearly spat a mouthful of blood. What kind of assurance was that? If there were a hole beside him, he jump in and cover it back up.

Zane left the room dragging Vex by the leg who couldn't stop laughing. When the door closed, Alex saw near my folded clothes and immediately took of the dress and put on the clothes.

After five minutes passed, Alex felt as if everything had changed. His eyes, while he could see like a normal human could now zoom in several times to magnify even a dust mote.

His hearing could clearly pick up the sounds of Vex laughing in the hall. Alex raised his middle finger in his direction.

Closing his eyes, he tried to track Zane, only to be disappointed. His sense of smell could pick up trails that he'd have otherwise not be able to smell.

After some thought, he realized that he also had a trail, but where as Zane and Vex had masculine scents, his scent was distinctively female.

'Damn, why is it like this? What kind of broke as vampire novel is this? Why must I transform?'

The door opened and Zane walked in with a thick book and placed it on his desk. Alex sniffed the air and realized that he could tell the two scents apart despite having multiple overlaps.

Zane smiled slightly and gestured for Alex to sit down before opening the book.

"This book contains the history of our kind, as well as tips and tidbits to help master the power of darkness."

 

6