3 – Cultivation Ranks
643 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While crying on Su Muqing’s lap she continued to pat me in order to console me.

 

“Xiao Xiao… I didn’t expect that would happen as well…” she said in a helpless voice, “how about this, if you become a foundation stage cultivator, I’ll become your dao companion~” 

 

“Hic, really?” 

 

“Nn!” she nodded, her cheeks were still flushed while her eyes were misty, “for now, wait outside the room for a bit….”

 

Without letting me decline, she carried me towards the hall before wiping away my tears.

 

“Meditate to view your innerworld, observe but don’t disturb it, otherwise I’ll have to set everything up again. Although this method helped you skip a lot of steps, the only benefit to it is an early start and you’ll still need to learn the cultivation method by heart,” afterwards, she returned back to the room while a wall of ice rose up from the ground blocking my view.

 

“...” Removing my blotched panties, I huddled against the wall before closing my eyes while trying to look inside of myself.

 

Soon, a vast network of veins and meridians appeared inside of me while a streak of icy blue qi was traveling through them in a slow and steady manner. 

 

I don’t know how long passed while watching, however I began to feel qi suddenly enter into me from the surroundings before being absorbed into my strand of icy blue qi. 

 

___

After the strand of qi had returned to the starting point, my stomach suddenly grumbled causing me to open my eyes. Su Muqing was crouching down in front of me with her hands supporting her chin. 

 

“Here~” She smiled at me before passing me a familiar porcelain bottle. It was the fasting pill that I had used this morning.

 

Wuu…

 

After filling myself up, I placed it back in before handing it to Su Muqing. She placed it away along with the pair of panties in my hands before leading me back to the room. Placing me on her lap while facing her, she began to explain the cultivation ranks.

 

It's because the cultivation techniques she gave me only works when I’m close to her! 

 

“The four stages of cultivation are Qi Gathering, Foundation Building, Core Formation, as well as Nascent Soul. I’ll explain to you how to reach Core Formation since I don’t know anything about the last stage.” After a slight pause, she continued to explain Qi Gathering.

 

“Just like the name implies, the first stage of cultivation is to gather spiritual qi into yourself, which is split into a minor and major stage. The first 10 layers, your qi will be a gaseous state, while the last 10 will be in a liquid state. 

 

If you have any bloodlines, they’ll usually awaken at this stage, the stronger the bloodline is, the later it’ll take for you to awaken it.”

 

“Bloodline?” I tilted my head in confusion while looking at her. 

 

“Nn, stuff like phoenix bloodline, or dragon bloodline, if you awaken it successfully, you’ll usually gain a special ability of some sort.”

 

I stuck my tongue at her, “does eating ice count as an ability?” It was something I had gained after entering the first stage of cultivation.

 

She stiffened for a bit, causing me to feel slightly worried.

 

“...I won’t use it.”

 

She pinched my cheeks, “why wouldn’t you use it? Just make sure you don’t eat my ice okay?”

 

I nodded.

 

She chuckled before pinching my cheeks again before continuing her lecture, “Foundation Stage begins with opening our Mind Aperture, followed by 152 spiritual apertures and by 10 locks. Upon breaking through the last lock, the next step would be to form a sea of qi which marks the beginning of Core Formation. 

 

Just like a stream only flows one way, the Dao only flows outwards. It is the origin, and the beginning of everything. To cultivate is to travel towards the Dao and against the natural cycle. From gathering qi, to using resources for pills, refining magic treasures, and drawing talismans, cultivators plunder the heavens and earth for their own uses. That’s why core formation can be described in the phrase, 10 refinements, 10 tribulations before forming a core.”

 

I watched as she placed a finger on her chin before rolling her eyes, “the only thing I left out would be life-bound treasures, spiritual sense, as well as divine sense….since you have a bloodline, you won’t be able to cultivate a body cultivation system, so I’ll omit that one.”

 

Afterwards she went back to lecture mode, “when we open our dantians, we’ll be able to select an object of our choice before placing it inside. There is no best choice for what to choose, and it completely depends on the cultivator themselves. 

 

Spiritual sense is something you already have, however all it lets you do for now is look into your innerworld, provided you have potential to cultivate. When you open your mind aperture, you’ll be able to release it outwards to view your surroundings. However doing so is dangerous.” afterwards she gave me a warning, “if your spiritual sense is damaged, it’ll be hard for it to be repaired.”

 

“Nn,” I nodded, it wasn’t like I was going to peep or anything…. 

 

“Divine sense probably has something to do with Nascent Soul Cultivators, something we’re too far away from.” 

 

Afterwards she patted my back signaling me to turn around, “when you learn the concealing diagram, we’ll head towards the cultivation world, since the qi here is too thin for you to break through Qi Gathering,” while saying so, she passed me the concealing diagram book before placing a hand on my forehead.

 

“Nn,” nodding, I began to look at the diagram.

 

___

 

 

3 months later.

 

It’s coming!

 

While hugging Su Muqing, I was woken up in the middle of the night by the feeling of breaking through. While looking at her sleeping face, the feeling of something coming continued to build up while I waited.

 

“Nn…” letting a moan from comfort, the feeling of something inside me shattered occurred, as if dragged by something, my field of view changed into my innerworld. There, my qi was constantly growing thicker and longer while qi from the surroundings continued to enter it at an increased rate.

 

It continued until it doubled in size before everything returned to normal signaling that I had broken through to Qi Gathering 6th layer.

 

Opening my eyes, I found that the commotion I caused had woken Su Muqing up. She smiled at me happily, “Congratulations.” 

 

Blushing, I turned around, “...thanks…” 

 

I suddenly heard her laugh before hugging me tightly from behind, “Xiao Xiao, so cute ah~”

 

After cuddling for a bit, I exited the bed before going to the cavern, picking a random direction, I started to run laps around it until I felt tired.

 

The cave had started to light up with the light of dawn.

 

Going towards the entrance I stared outside. I hadn’t exited the cave at all ever since I had arrived here, nor has anyone entered except for Su Muqing who would occasionally go in and out. 

 

I had asked what she was doing and she told me she was making preparations to head towards the cultivation world.

 

By the way, we were currently in some valley in the mortal realm. As for its name, I have no idea what it's called…. 

 

Aside from this, I had also finished remembering my cultivation method due to a combination of observing and body memory.  As for the concealing diagram, I was almost finished with it, which was probably why Su Muqing had been making preparations.

 

However, the greatest gain I found from all this, was Su Muqing’s age!~ Do you want to know?

 

Shishishi, not telling, oh~

12