Chapter 6
370 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Lantern Festival?” 

 

“Mhm, it’s held the day after tomorrow, hahaha,” the uncle in front of us was busy setting up lanterns as well as other decorations. In fact a majority of the shops were doing so, while a stage was being constructed in the plaza.

 

Su Muqing led me away to a park where she took out a ball.

 

“Let’s play catch,” while saying so, she retreated backwards before lightly throwing the ball at me. I caught it before throwing it back.

 

Although it was a simple game, it gave me a sense of enjoyment. At first, she simply threw the ball in my direction, however she soon started throwing it in different angles before throwing it further, letting me run about the grassy fields.

 

Of course, we didn’t bother with the aunties and uncles doing calisthenics against the beat of an old man playing a pipa and made sure to stay far away.

 

Running across the grass, I caught the ball before going closer towards Su Muqing. Cough...I don’t have the strength to throw it so far.

 

___

Upon throwing it one last time, she caught it before placing it away, “time to study~” she said before taking me towards the side, under a large tree. While using the shade, she began to teach me stuff like reading, writing, as well as calculations.

 

We also included stuff about cultivation, like the formations we saw. There were killing, illusions, as well as defensive and offensive formations.

 

All formations have an eye, which serves as the cornerstone as well as its heart, just like how when Su Muqing had to destroy the jar in order to exit it.

 

“Do you think the City Lord will show up this year for the Lantern Festival?” Suddenly, one of the aunties began to gossip.

 

“Tsk, he recently took a concubine, do you think he’ll still have the energy to? Rumors say he’s been stuck in bed ever since,” one of them said in a hushed voice. Although it couldn’t escape our ears.

 

“Sigh...beauty really can cause the downfall of a city,” the auntie sighed, “will he still be able to work? Cough, I don’t mean that way,” she slapped the back of the other auntie who was blushing.

 

“...”  

 

I silently returned back to studying and looking at the diagram before shifting on to Su Muqing’s lap. Best to cultivate at the same time as well.

 

We remained like this until lunch time when she brought me towards a different restaurant. After ordering 2 bowls of noodles, we sat on the counter and began to slurp. 

 

Wuu… something feels off?

 

The noodles tasted good, but I didn’t really have an appetite. It was also a little too hot….

 

“What’s wrong?” Su Muqing’s voice sounded, causing me to turn towards her. I was about to say I didn’t want to eat, however I stopped myself before continuing to eat, since it wasn’t bad.

 

“Is there anything to drink?” 

 

“Nn,” after finishing our noodles, we went towards a tea shop before sitting down, “do you want anything specific?”

 

“As long as it’s cold…”

 

She nodded before ordering two different types of tea with some weird name. Not long after, the waitress bought two drinks over.

 

I began to sip it through the straw, The sweet cold taste flowed into my mouth before flowing down my throat. A cold feeling began to spread in my heart causing me to narrow my eyes in delight.

 

Su Muqing smiled at me while drinking hers as well, causing me to grin back. 

 

“We’re going shopping after this,” she gave me the schedule for the rest of the day while I nodded repeatedly. 

 

Afterwards, I looked at the drink she was drinking. 

 

“Do you want it?” she chuckled before passing it to me. I nodded again before taking it while passing her mine. 

 

___

 

After leaving the tea house, we began to walk around the streets again. Su Muqing picked a clothing store for us to enter. Inside it was a lady wearing a qipao who greeted us.

 

“Do you have anything for her size?” Su Muqing signaled towards me.

 

“This way,” the lady gave us a smile before turning around and leading us towards the corresponding section.

 

Su Muqing then selected a bunch of clothing, including ones that were of a larger size. After paying for everything, we began to carry the stacks of clothing back to Clearwater Inn.

 

Along the way, 2 young ladies walked past us, one was wearing a blue qipao while the other one was wearing linen clothing. 

 

“Senior Sister, did you find what you were looking for?” when their footsteps were far away, one of them began to speak.

 

“No, someone beat me to it,” the girl sighed, “Cuihua…” unfortunately because we were walking in different directions, their voices soon faded away.

 

Upon returning to our room, Su Muqing had me take a bath and change into a new outfit. Feeling refreshed, I jumped onto the bed when she came over and sat next to me. I shifted onto her lap before staring at the Concealing Diagram while she placed her hand over my forehead.

 

When the sky completely darkened and my hair had dried, she moved me towards the inner part of the bed. While hugging her, I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

 

___

The next day, we remained inside the inn room while practicing and studying until it was evening. 

 

“Xiao Xiao, let’s go,” 

 

“Nn,” nodding, we exited Clearwater Inn.

 

There were lanterns decorated all over the place while stalls were set up across the streets. People wearing masks or lanterns were walking back and forth while musicians strummed their instruments, giving the place a lively atmosphere.

 

After walking for awhile, Su Muqing led me to a food stand on the side of the road. Upon paying the middle aged man a few copper coins, he gave us two boxes of noodles.

 

“Where will we eat it?” looking around, the tables were all full.

 

“Shishishi, why do we need to eat with everyone else? Xiao Xiao, here~” she passed me the boxes before lifting me into a carry. Afterwards, Su Muqing went into an alley before lightly scaling the walls.

 

Before I knew it, we were already on top of a building. Getting off her, I handed her the box while looking around.

 

We weren’t the only ones up on buildings, as there were other people who had scaled the walls. They nodded at us before looking down below.

 

“People of the rivers and lakes, they train their bodies strenuously to develop qi, similar yet different than us. From their ranks it would be warrior, expert, master, ancestor.” Stepping on the eaves, Su Muqing brought me to sit at the edge of the building before continuing her explanation, “If you want to compare it to our system, warriors and experts would be equivalent to Qi Gathering, and masters and ancestors would be Foundation stage Although they are still mortal, in a way they can be even more dangerous than cultivators.” 

 

“Oh…” opening the noodles, I started to eat them while looking downwards.

 

Pretty ladies were dancing on the stage, their dresses fluttering along with their ribbons, causing them to appear as if they were fairies who descended from the mortal world. 

 

Glancing at Su Muqing, I found that she was currently absentmindedly nibbling on the noodles while looking at the stage. Her brows soothed out, giving her a peaceful and soft complexion.

 

Wuu… Sis Muqing seems better to look at instead. 

 

She turned towards me before laughing and pinching my cheeks, “Xiao Xiao, you’re food is going to turn cold~”

 

“Nn,” blushing, I lowered my head to finish eating the noodles.

 

___

After finishing everything, she carried me back down to the alley to dispose of the boxes. Throwing them into the garbage, we continued to enjoy the festival.

 

“We’ll have two,” Su Muqing pulled me over to one of the shops that were selling lanterns.

 

The old man laughed before handing us two lanterns after being paid a few coppers. While carrying a lantern in one hand, and holding Su Muqing’s hand in the other, we resumed strolling the city before making our way to the outskirts of the city. 

 

I narrowed my eyes in comfort as the evening wind blew through me, as if entering into my heart, it gave me an indescribable sense of comfort. For some reason, I especially enjoyed going out at this time period, it gave me a sense of freedom, as if the world was infinitely wide.

 

There was currently a crowd standing in front of the large lake, some were commoners, while some were dressed lavishly, probably the young masters and misses of distinguished families. 

 

Going forward, we placed our lanterns inside the lake before having the two float forward, joining everyone else's.

 

 

A thought flashed through my mind, however it was too fleeting and fast for me to catch it. Shaking my head, I returned to watching the brightly lit lake in a daze. 

 

“Let’s return,” feeling her pull my hand, I turned to look at her before nodding while smiling. She patted my head before leading me away. 

 

Turning around, I gave the lake one last look.

10