Ch 1. A certain person’s melancholy (Updated)
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Are all preparations ready?” Asks female voice.

Yes, everything is ready.” Answers another female, with emotionless voice.

The room where they are is dark and unlit. There are no windows so nothing can be seen. The voices are discussing something confidential for sure.

Have you planned the time of the start?” First voice asks.

Of course, however we should postpone the start. For now.” Comes the answer.

Do as you wish, just inform me before you begin.” Says the first voice unintressed.


In the world of Rufia there are many nations. From humble dukedoms to powerful empires. They fight each other for control of territories and wealth. Kingdom of Liran is one of the contestants in the world`s great game of politics.

A young maid was sent by King Devon of Liran to call for his son.

When she entered the prince's room she saw a majestic young man who was reading a book. His attention was immediately switched from the book to the maid.

"What is it?"

“Your Highness, please come to the hall, His Majesty is waiting for you there.”

“Understood, you can go now.” The prince calmly resonded.

After the maid left prince slowly stood up and looked in a window. Why would Father summon him? It is only morning and there are 2 hours until the breakfast.

[Looks like I will have to go and see what Father has to say]

He put the book on a desk and put on a mantle before going outside.

The prince was passing through a large hallway of the royal palace. The palace is decorated with paintings and sculptures and built of finest marble. Even the floor is decorated with silver lining and silk carpet. But for prince it was nothing. The palace is suffocating for it is always filled with those nobles and their flattery. It would be so much better to go out somewhere far away. As far away from this place as possible.

But his daydreaming was stopped when in the hall he saw his father, the king.

“You are late, George. Do you have any conscience, making this old man wait for you?” The king frowned but he was more joking than being serious.

“Sorry, Father, I was not paying enough attention.” (George)

“Let's go, I want to talk to you about something. And it would be better to talk without the nobles' eavesdropping.” (King)

We went to the garden. It was still better than the palace but it is not enough to calm my mind. While we were walking I spotted something high in the sky.

“Oh my, godbirds are already here. Aren't they early?” (King)

Godbirds are known as messengers of the Gods. Nobody knows how exactly they look like. They always fly too high in the sky. Nobody knows why they are there because they never contacted mortals. Nobody knows where they come from or why they observe us. Those who tried to catch them, or to find their nests, had never returned. All we know is that they are our guardians. There were no great events which were unsupervised by the godbirds. Great rebellions, battles and wars throughout the history of the continent. When godbirds flock to somewhere everyone knows that something is about to happen. Either for good or for bad.

But normally we just ignore them for we are mortals who have nothing to do with the godbirds.

When we arrived to pavilion father started to speak.

“You know that she arrives soon?” (King)

“Do you mean…” (George)

“Young Elisa, of course.” (King)

[My fiancée]

I don't know what expression was on my face but Father started to chuckle.

“You still have your time. It is just to discuss some matters with the count.” (King)

“Can I ask for some time away from here?” (George)

It's not like I don't want to see her, I am just getting tired of this place and want to hang out.

“Show them some basic courtesy and then you can go.” (King)

“You are my savior.” (George)

We both started to laugh.

1