Ch 5. Crime and punishment (Updated)
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If they have their suspicions then what are they waiting for?

“No doubt you think that we should do something. “ (King)

“If it was noble we can punish him, if it was another country we can make them regret it somehow!” (George)

“Before you proceed with your wild ideas, I suggest you hear us out!” Prime minister was visibly irritated.

“For now let's tell him what we are up against.” Said Father to calm him down.

“George, a long time ago an almighty magician empire existed. Its name was ‘The Coalition’. Even after thousands of years since its demise we are yet to uncover the techniques they used.” (King)

“And suddenly, millennia after, they show up. Then, for an unknown reason, they slaughter our people and hide back like rats?” It was too absurd to be truth.

We don't know anything about them…  We only suspect that the attackers really used some of their relics to do it.” (Roben)

“Only tales remain. Of mages with power to crush cities with a barrage of spells. Of their fortresses, scattered all over the world. Of their enigmatic goals and unknown desires.” (King)

How are the murderers related to a long-gone ancient empire?

“You think that this empire is responsible for this?” (George)

“Most probably, Your Highness.” (Prime minister)

“Right now it is our only clue. The Coalition was often blamed for slaughtering entire cities if they felt threatened. If they survived after their destruction, then it ought to be their deed.” (King)

[Nonsense.]


The council left me speechless. For such an empire to exist. One of many nations left to be forgotten after their destruction. They must be mistaking it. They have to be mistaking it.

After considering Father's words I made a decision. I should try my best to find who is actually guilty of that slaughter. But doing it alone will only make Father worry about me.

My long preparations were fruitful. Royal knight-captain reluctantly let me take his best knight with me.

I arrived at the training ground to meet my old friend.

“Your Highness, long time no see.” A naughty smile all over his face. My old mate Harry greeted me.

“Looks like your training is yet to be finished.” (George)

“Which part of it?” A joke was out of place but I will forgive it.

“You know why I decided to call for your help?” (George)

“Because you need someone to do the fighting, aren't you?” (Harry)

Although Harry is not known for his discipline, when it comes to skill and strength he is considered the best. At least of those knights who are not at the northern border.

I have some basic knowledge of magic and hand-to-hand combat and now I have a strong fighter for a front line. For a good chance in a fight I require someone capable of attacking from a distance. Either a ranger or a mage. Elisa is good at magic or so I heard but she is still far away. And asking for a royal mage will be too much. A prince wandering around with a knight won't be considered weird, but with a royal mage I'll start to draw too much of attention. Harry is more expirienced with that sort of things so I asked his opinion.

“Then how about becoming an adventurer? It is okay for a group to have diverse members. Not to mention that you can easily find a mage.” (Harry)

“Will it be fine to just show up at the guild and tell them that the Second prince is joining?” (George)

“Yep, no problem. If a duke's son can, why not?” (Harry)

[It really is the same Harry I know…]

0