Ch 11. The first quest completed (Updated)
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time we entered a town, relations between the girl and Harry were tense enough to make them glare at each other. I doubt that they will fight right now but soon they really might. We better to get rid of her as fast as we can.

This town's branch of adventurers guild paid us for completion of the quest and it was the time to share some of reward with the unwanted companion.

You`ve got to be kidding me…” She was not satisfied. “Hey, how much would a dragon-slaying quest have as a reward?” She asked a clerk.

Erhm… do you mean…” Clerk surely didn`t expect to hear this question.

“How much would a reward be if one kills a dragon?” (Girl)

It would be… 100 platinum coins…” Clerk was nervous. I agree, if one would see the girl`s behavior they`d think she is crazy.

You don`t expect us to…” Harry already got what she meant by looking at him.

“Either pay me, or take me with you. I won`t leave you at peace unless I get my FULL payment.” She smiled smugly at us, making Harry twitch.

Her demand was beyond ridiculous. How much is 100 platinum coins? National budget of Liran is 700 platinum coins. To build a castle you will need about 10 platinum coins. To pay an army of 1000 men you will need at most 1 platinum coin per month. And considering that a normal adventurer gains 20 silver coins per month, 1/500 of a platinum coin…

[She just told us that she is not going to leave.]


“What will you do if we won`t take you with us?” (Harry)

Smile’ (Girl)

“Do you really think we will need you?” (Harry)

Smile’ (Girl)

“You are beyond useless to u…” Harry was interrupted by a blade aimed at his neck. She drew her sword from her back, swung it, and aimed its tip at Harry's neck in a second. Neither of us even saw her movements.

Smile’ (Girl)

Let`s talk this through...?” Suggested Harry while sweating buckets.

Smile’ She didn't change her expression, nor did she blink even once.

“Ok, how about I shut up with my disagreements… and you… stop pointing the sword at my neck?” (Harry)

Smile’ She sheathed the sword and turned towards me.

“Do you really want to join a couple of inexperienced adventurers?” (George)

Smile’ (Girl)

“Come on! Say something!” This is getting too creepy for me!

“Something.” You`ve got to be kidding me…


We decided to get to know each other during a dinner. We exited the guild and started to search for a tavern.

What the hell?” (Harry)

“What is wrong?” (George)

“Why are there two godbirds?” (Harry)

I looked in the sky and saw the two godbirds flying above the town.

It is common sight when one is in the sky but to see more… They rarely flock together. Something is about to happen? Perhaps the Gods decided to watch something that is bound to happen in this town?

What surprised me more is that our new companion didn't even try to show interest in what was happening. While all people were looking at godbirds she only spared a glance.


“So, my name is George. Nice to meet you?

“Harry.” (H)

Smile

[Not again!]

“Eridani, traveler from Duchy of Defhrir.” Finally she told us her name.

“Why would you travel so far?” I was curious because Defhrir is told to be on the other side of the Patutu. And while fishing and navigation in shallow waters near the coastline are prospering, cross-ocean trade is rare because of sea monsters. No one survived meeting the monsters of deep sea. We only know of monsters near the cost.

“Because I already spent my life traveling all across my homeland and adjacent countries.” (Eridani)

“Have you seen any ruins there?” I was curious if there are any leftovers of the Coalition.

Yes, there are ruins of buildings…” (Eridani)

What do they look like?!” I interrupted her when I heard that there are ruins.

“Can't you wait. Just. For. A. Moment?

0