Ch 12. Tales of the days long gone (Updated)
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I searched many ruins. Mostly they are the remnants of ancient buildings.” (Eridani)

You mentioned it.” (Harry)

“There were many crumbled skyscrapers, other unknown buildings. Mostly made of steel and concrete.” (Eridani)

“What is a skyscraper?” (George)

“Let's just say that it is a VERY tall building…” (Eridani)

A ten floors tall?” I never heard of any buildings taller than 15 floors so they must be lower?

A hundred floors tall? I never counted how many there are. I was just exploring, not researching.” (Eridani)

Impossible… such a tall building cannot be constructed!” (George)

“You are comparing a piece of wood and stone to a marvel of engineering, made of steel. They can be even higher than what I mentioned.” She is either great at imagining things, or gone crazy.


“Those ruins are going to be interesting.” Said a boy of 12 years old.

“Yes, and perhaps we can find a working piece of electronics.” I was eager to find something. There are many ruins left in this world. Abandoned skyscrapers, airports, harbors… Hulks of old cargo ships are easily found across the coast.

Nobody knows why there are so many relics of the days long gone. Remnants of civilizations far more advanced than currently. If my guess is correct the civilization of past was in the middle of its 21st century.

Now all that is left are the frames and bare metal. Sometimes a few pieces of electronics can be found even after scavenging a building a lot of times, and I want to find some. If there are other people with knowledge of radio, perhaps I will not be alone.

“Eri, do you really think that on top of that mountain there will be those ‘eletonics’ you're looking for?” The boy was doubting that in a pile of rubble there will be something.

“Who knows… We won't be sure unless we try. Follow me!” He was somewhat energized by my curiosity but soon he will be scared. Those ‘tombs’ are scary even for me.


“You are welcome to have your opinion. However not every opinion is right by itself.” Eridani was looking somewhere. She didn't make another sarcastic remark but rather a melancholic one? While I was wondering what was she thinking, she continued.

“I wonder why you are so interested. Care to tell?” (Eridani)

“I was curious to find if there is something exiting beyond the ocean.” I am not sure if I can trust her. Though I already uncovered my abnormal interest in ancient…

She did not respond.

“You are finally done?” Harry asked us curiously. He already ordered a meal, ate it, and waited for us. Either he is a fast eater or we were talking for a long time. I bet on the former.

“Yes, we are. Where are we going next, leader?” (Eridani)

[Why should we bring her with us…]

“I will take a new quest. You two wait for me.” Harry hurriedly stood up and walked away with fast steps. He abandoned me to mercy of this girl.

“…” Not that she was eager to have a chat.

Are you interested in this novel?
  • Yes, I am. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am not. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay away from this site, author. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0