Author’s Notes: End of First Arc
2.1k 21 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Spoilers ahead!

Hi guys! 

I hope you've enjoyed the first arc of Wangfei's Desire for Revenge. I wanted to thank all the fellow readers and writers who have supported me throughout this story's development. It's been difficult to adhere to a regular chapter release schedule due to personal issues in my life at the current moment, but one of my goals for May had been to finish the rest of WDfR's first arc. Thankfully, I was able to finish before the end of May! Thanks to everyone for their continued support, and I hope you were able to enjoy these last few chapters. 

Honestly, I've struggled a bit with how to develop Su Jing Fei as a believable modern character thrown into the ancient Chinese era that was typical of transmigration novels. I wanted her to be intelligent but not all-knowing, strong but not overpowered, vulnerable but not weak, and most importantly, I wanted her to be relatable while still adhering to the stereotypical transmigration tropes that we all know and love. 

I found it quite challenging to maintain a careful balance of tropes with the realities of the modern world. For example, the whole "oh she's not a virgin anymore" schtick that most transmigration novels have is actually pretty discredited in the modern world but it is still a common trope that I knew I wanted to utilize in the story to stick a similar recipe that transmigration novels have. While writing it, I sort of laughed because my mind was like "AHH That's not how virginity works!!!" 

Anyway, I hoped I was able to balance them well. It seemed like most people appreciated the instances of realism in the story, especially with Su Jing Fei's inner turmoil at resolving the conflicts between her modern values and the ancient Chinese values. 

In regards to the ending of the first arc, I had struggled with a few possibilities, but ultimately settled on having Da Chun die. I explored the possibility of Da Chun living through the ordeal, but I knew that it was not a path for the story that I wanted to take. Knowing Su Jing Fei, I think if Da Chun lived, Su Jing Fei would've focused everything on taking care of Da Chun instead of focusing on her revenge which would sort of lead to a lackluster revenge unbefitting of the story's title honestly. I knew from the get-go that Su Jing Fei needed to learn true suffering and loss. 

I've discussed it before where a lot of revenge transmigration novels have the female heroines enacting revenge for rather insignificant reasons such as "being treated poorly," etc. Thus, I wanted the reader to be able to experience and understand Su Jing Fei's motivations for her revenge. Obviously, this first arc was focused more on Su Jing Fei's integration into the ancient Chinese world while the readers also learned more about who Su Jing Fei was as a person. There was a bit of revenge, but most of it focused on exploring Su Jing Fei's moral dilemma. 

In this next arc, (although I only have an idea of what I might write; I don't usually make story plot lines or really plan stuff ahead of time) I think a lot of the people who enjoy stereotypical Chinese revenge transmigration novels will look forward to Su Jing Fei's return. This next arc will also bet set after a small time-skip, but it won't be significant enough to really change anything about the story or the characters. 

I hope everyone who has enjoyed WDfR continues enjoying and supporting the story, and I'll see everyone in the next arc!

 

Thanks!

 

Lukha

29