Extra Story Chapter 1: Glimpse Into The Future
2.4k 12 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This extra story chapter may contain spoilers. It is a glimpse into the future of Su Jing Fei's married life. Please read at your own discretion.

This is a gift for all my lovable supports who have been with me a long time ~ Hope you can enjoy this and look forward to how we're going to end up here!!

The little bun-shaped boy stood with his stubby legs waddling precariously back and forth as he moved from tree to tree. In the small courtyard, he had run away from the servants and was currently looking to find something fun to play with! The jade forehead scrunched in concentration as the little bun boy stumbled over to a bush that surprisingly had some fruits on it!

“Young master!” cried the voices of servants from afar.

But the young bun boy was determined to taste these sweet berries fresh from the bush! Reaching out greedily, his tiny fist grabbed a few of the berries, but when he stumbled backwards, that little palm closed tightly and crushed the berries into juice in his hands! “Oof!” came the sound from those small lips as the young bun boy fell onto his butt. His tightly closed eyes slowly opened and a pair of large doe eyes stared at the hand that was wet and sticky from the crushed berries.

The servants ran up to the young boy, wondering if he would cry from such a hard fall. But the young bun boy’s ink black eyes lit up, and surprisingly, he started licking his palm to taste the berries! They all started laughing however when they noticed the boy’s pink lips pursing together tightly from the sourness of the not-ripe berries.

“Hmm, I wonder, did I raise a wild animal or a son for the past three years?” A warm voice said in an amused tone.

The little jade bun’s ears perked up at the sound of the familiar voice, and he quickly disregarded everything else as he pushed himself off the ground and ran towards a woman’s figure. “Mama!” He cried excitedly, throwing himself in the woman’s warm embrace.

The woman smiled down at her adorable son and wrapped him up in her arms without regard for the fact that he was honestly sticky and messy from the berries. She was just about to pick him up when a strong but gentle hand was placed on her back and a deep warm voice spoke. “Fei’er, you have to rest your body like the doctor said. I’ll take him to go get cleaned up.”

The little jade bun clutched onto his mother’s skirt and refused to let go as he glared at his father from behind the cloth. “Papa, you’ve been hogging mama all morning! It’s my turn now!” Since he’d woken up this morning, his mama and papa had left the manor all day and it was only by late day that he’d seen his mama again! Papa was really too much!!

“Ling’er, don’t you want to play with your little sister?” The man said as he leaned down and easily scooped up the young boy into his arms. His movements were effortless and graceful, despite the fact that the little boy was rather plump and messy. However, looking at the small family, one could see the warmth in their gazes and familiarity in their beautiful features that one could only sigh at the lucky fate of this beautiful household.

Hearing the words ‘little sister’ made the young Ling’s ears perk up excitedly. Those black ink eyes stared at his papa with expectation. “I’m finally getting a little sister!?”

The pretty woman furrowed her brows. As a woman with memories of modern times, she knew that one could not really tell the gender of a child without the use of advanced medical equipment, but the mysterious world of ancient China had their ways as well… so quite a few doctors had confirmed with certainty that the child in her stomach was indeed a girl.

“Go get cleaned up and then you’ll be able to play a little with your sister, okay?” The man smiled at the little jade bun who shook his head vigorously in a nodding motion and had long forgotten his grudge against his mama-hogging papa. The young boy was handed off to a servant and then left to go get cleaned up. With a wave of his sleeves, the servants dispersed and allowed for the man and woman to be alone.

Without missing an opportunity, the man moved forward to embrace his wife and leaned down to kiss her soft lips. “Remember when we used to kiss here in the courtyard?”

Su Jing Fei laughed as she lightly pushed the man away with a smile. “You were so shameless back then.”

“But you were too cute, being all stiff and defiant. I couldn’t help teasing you.” The man grinned, tilting his head to murmur softly into her ear in a low and deep voice. “You like it when I tease you though.”

Su Jing Fei rolled her eyes, but she also couldn’t contain the slight flush of her skin upon hearing her husband’s seductive voice. He really did know how to rile her up… “Really too shameless, Li Wei Sheng.” However, two could play at that game. Before Li Wei Sheng could comprehend her mischievous intentions, she had placed her hand on his shoulders to keep him in place and turned her head to lightly nip at his earlobe, murmuring in a soft voice. “But you also like it when I tease you.” She felt Li Wei Sheng’s body stiffen under her touch and with a light laugh, she stepped away to look at his unguarded expression of surprise.

However, the man quickly recovered and chased after his wife shamelessly; he wrapped his arms around her hips, careful of her extended stomach filled with his second child, and then leaned down to capture those pink lips to silence the teasing laughter. “This wangfei really knows this wangye too well!” She really did know how to rile him up too!

The servants avoided the area but could hear the laughter and knew that their wangfei was teasing wangye again. The pair had been married for a long time now and yet still act like newlyweds… The young unmarried servants were a bit envious and really wished to receive that kind of love one day…

The two oblivious lovebirds were still kissing when the little jade bun returned to see his parents being loving without him in the middle! Not fair! His stubby legs propelled him forward at a frighteningly unstable speed until he crashed into his papa’s leg; luckily, Li Wei Sheng had noticed the angry little bun and was able to scoop him up before he fell. “You guys are playing without me again!” Those little lips pursed together, looking quite wronged.

“Don’t you want to play a little with your sister first?” Li Wei Sheng said with a smile.

Upon hearing those words, the little jade bun was easily appeased and nodded his head with a wide smile. Li Wei Sheng ordered for the servants to set up a table with chairs. Once seated, Li Wei Sheng sat in a chair with their son on his lap while Su Jing Fei sat opposite them. Sitting down, one could tell the shape of Su Jing Fei’s stomach was quite bigger than the clothes revealed.

“Watch me, alright?” Li Wei Sheng spoke gently and waited for the young boy’s attention before reaching out carefully and placing a hand softly onto Su Jing Fei’s pregnant stomach.

Little Ling looked between his mama and papa in a slightly confused expression, but he didn’t argue and merely followed his papa’s instructions. Carefully, he leaned forward and placed a small plump hand on his mama’s tummy. Then they waited for a few minutes until…

Kick!

Something pressed up against little Ling’s hand from under his mama’s belly. “Mama!” cried the little jade bun in a worried voice. He was terrified that he had somehow hurt her! He’d never felt that before! “Mama, are you okay!?”

Su Jing Fei gave her son a loving smile, reaching out to gently rub his head to soothe his worries. “It doesn’t hurt, Ling’er. That’s your little sister.”

Hearing those words, it took a minute for little Ling to comprehend. He knew that his mama and papa had told him that his little sister was in his mama’s belly and would come out in a few months… He still didn’t really get it, but now, he knew that there really was a little sister in his mama’s belly! His bright eyes sparkled with curiosity and excitement. “Mama, I felt it!!”

Su Jing Fei laughed at his obvious excited state. Li Wei Sheng placed his free hand on his son’s shoulder, gently speaking his next few words. “When your little sister is born, you’ll have to protect her everyday because you’re a big brother now. And you must also protect your mother and listen to her well, okay?”

Little Ling nodded his head vigorously with the bright smile plastered to his face. He was going to be the best big brother in the whole world!! Perhaps it was out of excitement, but little Ling began to talk to his mama’s belly in hopes that his little sister could hear his voice and know that he was waiting patiently for her and wanted to play with her a lot in the future.

Su Jing Fei gazed at the scene before her and wondered how lucky she was to have such a loving husband and son. Remembering all the difficult times in the past… she wanted to tell her past self to not give up and that there was definitely going to be a happy future for her someday. Just like today.

26