2. Battle
110 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Missions]
1. Save a Charming priest from one goblins.
2. Save a Cute Mermaid from a group of pirate.
3. Save a Pretty Princess stuck from a dragon.
4. Defeat a group skeleton.

*Sigh*

"I'm already feeling the headache."

I rubbed my head in frustration before finally stopping after a few minutes.

"Do I have to do all of them?"

My instinct of usually talking to myself kicked in as I began to contemplate my plans on how I was going to do this.

But surprisingly I actually got a response from the System.

[You may choose to do only one.]

 "Then I choose to do number 1"

[Press on the quest that you wish to do.]

I did as the system told me, and press on number one. 

All of sudden I felt a pulling sensation from all around me. This lasted for about a good ten second before it finally went away.

But, as soon as it went away. I found myself within a cube like room. It was quite an odd sight to see, since it looked alien like. Though I didn't really have the luxury to investigate this strange phenomenal, since I had received another message from the System. 

[User will have an hour to familiarize with their weapon before fighting. Please use your time wisely.]

After the short message from the system I soon received another one.

[Please choose one of the following weapon types.]
-Dagger & 4 throwing knifes
-Spear
-Staff
-Great sword
-Sword
-Bow & 10 arrows

I spent about a good minute of deciding what weapon I wanted before finally coming to a decision.

"I choose the dagger & throwing knifes."

[Understood. Loading Dagger & 4 throwing knife.]

As soon as the message appeared. A bright light appeared above me. I then saw the throwing knife alongside the dagger that slowly drifted down onto the ground before landing with a metallic clang. 

In front of me was a dagger and four tiny knifes that came along with a leather pouch that had about 10 slots. At first I was confused at the leather pouch, but later found out that I could store the throwing knife with the use of the leather pouch.

I then practice by swinging my dagger around and performing some stab or some slashes. This continued for a good five minutes before I stopped.

"I feel like i'm not even training at all. Instead it's like I'm just playing around by swinging my dagger."

[Would you like a Dummy?]

At the system's sudden message. I yelp in shocked, before nodding my head. 

Though, I was thankful for the system's help. It did bring some fear to me. Is it always watching me?

[Loading Dummy.]

As I was wondering about how the system worked. It generated a wooden dummy in front of me.

"Umm..thanks?"

........Silence.........

*Sigh*

Knowing that the System wouldn't even talk or even interact with me. I began to train once more, and this time I used my throwing knife. I stood about a good 6 or 7 meters before throwing it.

All of my shots missed.

"This is gonna take a while."

I repeated the process over and over. It was only until I got a message from the system that I only had about five minutes left did I switch over to my dagger. 

In all honestly I had no idea on how to even practice, so I just practiced slashing and stabbing the wooden dummy in order to get a feel of the strength needed to accomplish my goal. I continued to do this until the timer ran out and then came the fateful moment.

[User's preparation period is now over. Quest will now initiate.]

As the messaged appeared I soon felt the familiar pull, but this time it was more intense, and I even felt a bit light headed. plus the smell also contributed to my light headiness. Wait, smell?

I looked around once more, and saw that I was no longer in the cube like room, and instead surrounded by tall towering trees that blocked most of the sunlight. As I was still fascinated with what was going on I was soon snapped out of it.

"Help! Please, someone, anyone. Help me!"

A feminine voiced ringed out, and did the notification that I got from the system.

[Missions: Save a Charming priest from one goblin.]
-Defeat the goblin
or
-escape from the goblin with the priest
Time Limit: 1 hour

After checking the details of my mission I quickly dashed towards the desperate voice. It didn't take long to find her as it was only a couple meters away. 

In front of me was a young woman pined to the ground by a tall looking  green humanoid monster, which I assume to be the goblin. But, instead foolishly charging in like an idiot. I quietly sneaked into the goblin blind view. After that I then patiently waited for the right moment to strike. Which, was of course when he pulled out his cucumber.

"AAHH! Save me! Mommy! Daddy! Help me!"

As soon as the young woman saw the goblin's cucumber. She started screaming and thrashing even more, which seem to delight the goblin even more so. This was the moment I had been waiting for.

I quietly got out of the bush and began to slowly sneak towards the back of the goblins. My plan was stab the goblin's head and killing him in one shot. Which would have worked if not for the stupid woman seeing me and screaming for me to help her.

"Shit!"

The goblin now aware that there was another person in the area, quickly got off of the woman and started reaching for it's weapon that was next to the woman's head. 

I of course was frozen in place deciding on what I should do next, but that was my fatal mistake on my part, since I had given the goblin enough time to recollect itself. Now, it was ready to face it's foe, which was of course me.

The goblin then started to rush towards me, while screaming gibberish crap.

I tried to move, but couldn't. I was afraid of it. No, rather I was afraid of dying.

As seconds ticked by the goblin grew closer and taller, and soon it was only just a few feet away from me. I had to do something. But, what?

The goblin of course didn't wait for me, as it swung it's club at my arm, which I tried to avoid.

But, it was too late.

"AARHHH!"

Pain! Intense pain was all I felt when the club collided onto my left arm. I felled straight onto the ground, while clutching my left arm that could very well be broken by now. I of course no longer pay any attention to the goblin, as all I clench my teeth, while grunting.

The goblin soon climb on top of me, and started using it's fist to hit me. On top of all of this. It was even laughing at my miserable state, and even enjoy inflicting the pain onto me. 

My vision soon began to blurred from exhaustion and pain that my body felt. As the relentless fist of goblin still continued. A strange thought came to me.

What do I truly want?

To take vengeance on those who mistreat me? No

I want to live. Yes, more than anything else, I want to live.

What do I have to do in order to live?

Kill this Piece of shit in front of me, of course. It's so simple. Why didn't I think of this before?

.

.

.

*BITE!*

"*()&$#@*"

The goblin who was once on top of me got off in a instant and started to back away. I stood up, while enduring the non existing pain.

*Spits*

"Disgusting. Taste like rotten eggs."

My body, which felt no longer like my own. Began to move on, and as if on cue a thought appeared in my head.

Dagger.

I looked around saw my dagger next to my feet. As soon as I picked up the dagger. Another thought came to my head.

Goblin.

This time I looked for the goblin, and saw that it was now standing once again and staring at me. In it's eyes, there lies a hint of anger and fear.

Kill.

But, whatever it thought of me. It didn't matter, why? Simple, because it won't be living for much longer anyways.

My body rushed towards the goblin with the dagger in my right hand, while I held one throwing knife in my left hand.

The goblin who was now just mere inches away from me swung it's club down aiming for my head. I had already predicted his movement, and so I side stepped it and dodged it with ease. Now, it was my turn.

I threw my knife at of it's eyes, thus blinding it. Then followed up with a stab through it's neck. My movement although rough and crude. It did the job.

As of now, laying on the ground in front of me was the goblin that had been about my height laid dead on the floor.

"System, am I done."

[Due to an error of the system. The difficulty of this Quest was much higher than anticipated. Instead of your usual Goblin. You have faced off against a Hob-Goblin. Thus the reward will now be adjusted. Please wait for a moment.]

After the message from the system I dropped to my knees before falling face down onto the ground blacking out.

.

.

.

When I opened my eyes again. I noticed that I was laying on some sort of smooth cloth.

"Awake?"

Surprise I turned towards the direction of the voice and saw the young woman who I had saved. Though, her clothes were in tatter. It wasn't really that bad.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Killing the goblin."

At her words my memories that seemed a bit blurred came back like a crashing wave of tide.

I remember everything...

At that moment I got up in a instant and walked over to one of trees, and before long I started to puke.

"I-I killed something. W-What I thinking?!"

I continued to puke as I remember the gruesome fight and even the taste of blood from the goblin. It was like a terrible nightmare that had been made into reality, and I wasn't enjoying it at all one bit.

The woman from before came over and patted my back before speaking.

"If you didn't kill it. It would killed you instead. Please, don't feel too bad about it."

Though, her words didn't really help much. It did calm me down a bit.

"Thank you."

At my thanks the woman only smirk.

"Silly. I should be thanking you."

After a few more minutes I started to get a hold of myself. I walked over to the layer of cloth on the ground and sat down. The woman also followed and sat down not too far away from me. She then shifted a little bit closer, and began to speak.

"What's your name?"

"Kalso"

"That's nice. Well, my name is Ophina. Nice to meet you Kalso."

"You too."

At my short response. Ophina turned quiet for a few second, before speaking again.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For ruining your plan. I saw how you were sneaking up on the Hob-Goblin, and was preparing to strike it in the head."

Seems like she knew, and still called out for me.

"Tch."

Ophina could clearly see that I was irritated, since she almost killed me in the process. But, I knew that yelling at her would do nothing, so I waited for her next response.

"I-I was so scared and thought that you wouldn't make it on time. Which was why I couldn't help but call out to you."

*Sigh*

As I sigh. I knew for a fact that I couldn't really stay angry anymore. In fact if I was in her shoe. I would have done the same thing.

"It's already over. Don't worry about it."

I really didn't want to talk anymore, and was preparing to lay down when Ophina spoke again.

"Would you like to rest on my lap?"

"PFFTT!"

 

4