Chapter 2: take care young lord
173 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two guards stared at the Young lord with a blank expression on their faces. They couldn't think of anything else at that moment other than the words that the young lord had just said.

To think that while they were wrecking their brains to think of how the others could have learned of their movements, the real culprit was right in front of them. They even thought about having a traitor among their own brothers, yet it was actually the young lord's doing.

"Young Lord why? Why would you do something like that. It was supposed to be a secret" The guard on the lelt side flet his body suddenly loose all strength and soften. Exasperated as a strong urge to cry invaded his heart.

"What do you...mean.. why ?...she asked me..of course" the young lord turned to look at the guard, raising his head while looking with disdain from the corner of his eyes. An other idiot With stupid questions.

The two guards stared in disbelief at the young lord. They could feel their throats suddenly become dry. No sound could come out of their mouths. The guard on the right looked at the young lord face which was actually filled with pride as if he had taught them something important.

The world was really a scary place. The guard looked at the innocent eyes of the young lord as he sighed bitterly inside. The boy did not even realize what he had done. And he still felt pride.

The guard turned his gaze toward the middle aged guard who was carrying the young lord body. He open his mouth to speak but stopped suddenly. His heart clinched. Even from the back and only being able to see the middle aged guard's side of the face, he can still feel the heaven shaking anger burning on his face.

His composure at the moments looked completely calm, yet a terrifying calm that preceded a sky shuttering storm. The sensation he got from the middle aged man made his spine tremble as if a flash of electricity had run through it.

The guard closed his mouth, took a deep breath and said nothing in the end. He look at the other guard. The two looked at each other, seemed to be able to read through each other mind.

They have followed the middle aged guard for many years. They knew that right now steward xie, the middle aged man's anger in front of them has reached a peak of level like never before.

The two guards took each a deep breath in order to try calming their anger. The group of black robed people in the back were still relentlessly chasing and closing the distance, so this was not the time for arguing.

The enemies seemed to be used to this kind of chase in the forest while it prouved to be a bit more difficult for them to move.

The forest terrain made it difficult to always rush at a straight line and can't always maintain the same speed. While the other actually seem to blend with the forest and move more nimbly. Sooner or later they would catch up once again.

"Look like they really did not want to take any chance this time. This group of black robed people is no common assassination group. I can only think of a few to have this level in the nine kingdoms territory. Plus they know a lot about our tactics." One of the guard eyes narrowed as a cold light flashed inside.

The others clan bloodlines main had never liked the young Lord. Everyone knew that. But up to this day, they have never tried anything this radical. Even for them, they did not think that the four bloodlines would have the nerve to actually kill the young Lord. But the actual situation prove them that things may be changing now.

"These old guys must have used that little girl to lead the young lord to this trap. I knew she did not have any good intention when she was secretly pushing the young lord to getting that coctis quenching fruit for her." The guard in the left said heavily.

"She must definitely have also taken part in this. In fact she is the source of all this" the guard in the left tried hard to calm his voice, but his eyes were cold and filled with killing intent. He had always hated that girl. He knew she was a no good, but they never thought she would actually dare to plan the young lord.

Up to now, they only had speculations without any evidence to confirm their guess. The young lord have always been a pain. He is by no way a really good guy. To be even more fair, he is a pretty bad guy yet not evil.

The only people who really want him dead are these old guys from the four bloodlines of the xie clan. But until now they have never dared to take action. Therefore the two guards could only think of them. But after looking through the event and especially knowing that xian'er knew of their plan, they became even more certain.

"She has to pay. Not just her but her whole clan has to suffer. We have not fallen so low that this kind of trash clan would dare to plan against us now. She..." The guard wanted to speak again but his word choked on his throat while on the other side, the young lord expression suddenly changed. His face twisted in anger as white steam seemed to raise on top of his head.

"You...damn bastard.......little two...you dare....slander my xian'er" the young lord roared in anger. His eyes bloodshot as he viciously stared at little two, the guard on the right side as if he was his mortal enemy.

"Cough cough..." the young lord coughed once again. This time even more strongly, making his stuttering worse as every word seemed to draw out considerable amount of strength from his body. For each word, blood mixed spit flew out of his mouth as the wound on his chest ached with greater pain.

The young lord breathing raced as a weight seemed to press down his chest, his head rang, blanking his mind. For a moment, all the sound in the world seemed to disappear in his head.

In his eyes, only little two remained as if everything else in the world disappear. How can he let someone slander his xian'er! That was his xian'er, how could she do something like that. That is her woman, damn it. He will not let anyone talk bad about her.

The young lord breathed heavily, the ringing sound in his head slowly faded. Right then, he can hear his own breathing clearly like a whisper in his ear. His heart banging on his chest also slowly calmed down. This always happen when he reach the peak of his anger.

The guard on the right stared dazedly at the young lord. The young man just exploded out of no where looking at him like he was ready to eat him. It's not like anything they said was false.

All the servant of the young lord knew that xian'er was only playing with the young and always caused trouble for him. Anyone with just a little bit of brain would see it. well, everyone else except of course their stupid young lord.

Little two gritted his teeth. At this time, it was better not to anger the young lord again, he knew it. Saying any other word against xian'er would only make the young lord explode even more when he was actually slowly calming down now. Furthermore, this was not the time for all this, the danger was still closing on them from the back.

However little two could not just let it go. Every guard, or more to say servant that had fallen behind and sacrificed themselves for them to have a chance were brother that have accompanied them for years. They were more then family. What did they die for, why..

"Young lord, she was the one enticing you to leave the clan and come to this place. She....."

The young lord stared stupidly at little two for a moment. His mood was calming down but just then, his face twisted madly. His cheeks trembled while his right eyebrow crooked.

His breathing stopped as if the air was chopped out of him. Colors seemed to fade out of his face as his expression turned pale, then red, while pulsing tendons throbbed out of his head and neck.

Looking at the changed and distorted expression on the young lord face, little two word were suddenly stuck on his throat. He could not help but feel a little scared looking at the young lord appearance. The young lord seemed to be in so much anger that he was in pain.

The young lord pointed his trembled finger toward little two, opened his mouth but no sound could come out of it. His stuttering stroke even harder with the anger as he could not even make out a single word from his mouth.

His breathing accelerated, choking on his breath, yet the young lord still tried with every effort to speak. His body trembled with rage. Seeing the word not ready to come out to his mouth anytime soon, the young lord used all his strength to push himself away from steward xie and try to rush toward little two.

But Stewart xie firmly held the young lord body in place. No matter how much he struggled, he could not move a single inch. The young lord tossed around without success, while Stewart xie still sped forward without a single word.

Looking at the young lord tossing around, the two guards looked at each other and bitterly sighed inside. They knew so much about their young lord that they even have a little idea of what he was thinking now.

At that moment, only one thought run through the young lord mind. That is to give little two a good beating. Little two was even sure that the man even has already forgotten that they are in grave danger right now, and if not for steward xie wanquan preventing him from moving, he would have wanted to start it right there and then.

It was sad but that was how it was. That was actual their stupid young lord, the one they swore to protect. An idiot.

Little two turned to look at steward xie with a helpless expression. Steward xie wanquan was the only one that could somehow manage to raison with the young lord sometimes.

'Stewart... "

"Enough" Stewart xie interrupted darkly. His voice cold and hoarse like using all his strength just to squeeze out the word from his mouth. His red eyes finally shifted away and stared straight at little two eyes. Only a thin layer of will could be seen holding up his anger from exploding. "This is not the time for this. Once we make it back to the clan everything would be clear"

"But..." Little two seemed unconvinced. The other guard on the left also had a dark expression on his face. They have lost too many brother on this trip. They can still bury their sadness and keep their calm but seeing the young lord still protecting the one responsible, they could not keep their mood any longer

"I know. But right now is not the time. Arguing here would not solve anything. We have first to take young lord safely back to the clan. Even if we all have to die here, young lord can not fall. No matter what. Do you understand?" Steward xie eyes flared with murderious fire. His heart burning with pain and killing intents, but he can only suppress it at the moment. Steward xie firmly looked towards the other.

Little two remained silent as he looked at the now somber Stewart xie. The man have always been calm and composed in his memories, like nothing in the world could easily change his mood. Always hiding his emotions no matter the situation. But right now the man can barely manage to restraint himself.

Little two glanced at the panting young lord, he stayed silent once again before turning back his gaze toward steward xie, looking straight at his eyes without avoiding it this time.

Young lord safety comes first no matter what. He is their hope, their backbone. Without him they will loose their faith and heart. He know, the young lord really can't died no matter what. No just for these fallen brother behind them but also for those still alive.

To come to the mist cloud rainforest, they brought almost all the Strongest of the servants to accompany the young lord since he was determined to search that fruit for xian'er.

Except the four, included the young lord, everyone else was dead trying to protect the young lord. How can they not be affected by their brother's death. No one blamed they young lord, the one who insisted on rushly stepping inside the wailling mist forest for anything, and no one will. But their anger still have to find a target for release.

Little two took a deep breath, calming his heart and nerves before deeply nodding towards Stewart xie. His eyes flashed with determination.

"I understand"

Steward xie turned his face back directly and accelerated even more his speed without word. The outer ring of the forest is small compared to the inner ring and the core ring. But due to the large size of the forest itself, even the small outer ring expand to hundred of miles.

Even after mobilizing all the spiritual qi inside his body to the limit, it would still take time before they could make it out.

The Young lord slowly calmed down after his flaring anger. His heavy panting also eased down, a little trace of colors returned to his pale face. His eyes beamed even more when he glanced again at the coctis quenching fruit in his hand. Gently touching it like a lover.

The young lord lifted his head again to look at little two" Don't..worry.....little two. I will also...find you a...girl to love"the young lord gently smiled at little two." You see? I...I'm a good ...young lord. Right?"

Then the young lord turned to look at the other guard. The other guard looked back at the young lord. A little surprise as the young lord face looked focused. After a moment, the young lord nodded gently" ok, you too...I'll find you a ..girl. So...don't need..to look at me l..like that"

The other guard mouth opened wide as he stared at the young lord with a dumbfounded expression. What doss he mean by that. He was the one staring at him in the first place, and he would die first before he let him find any girl for him.

While the guard look dumbly at him, the young lord nodded satisfaction before hesitantly turn to his gaze finally at steward xie.

The young lord frowned a little, a hint of hesitation flashed on his face before nodding reluctantly. "Ok, you too"

Little two shook his head bitterly, smiled. The young lord seemed to have already forgotten their actual situation. They are not even sure if they could make it out of there alive, not to mention that he would probably forget about his promise soon enough. No, he will definitely forget about finding them girl in no time.

The two guard looked at the young lord who's pride face returned again as he showed off in front of them like a little kid that need to be praised, while llooking back at them from the corner of his eyes. His nose pointing toward the sky posing like a big shot. But with his body carried on steward xie's shoulder, the sight only made the young lord look awkward, yet he did not seem to notice at all.

A slight smile escaped little two lip. A gentle and easy smile, looking at the young lord acting like a little kid in this dangerous time. His heart felt peace and gentle. The boy seem to even forget about the big sword wound dripping with blood on his chest. The young lord really never change.

Little two turned his gaze toward the other guard only to see the other's pair of eyes looking back at him. The two exchanged a silent gaze before nodding at each other. Determination flashed through their faces. No word needed to be said, only their eyes projected their will.

Taking a deep breath, little two said faintly"Stewart xie. We will have to rely on you to bring the young lord back to the clan. Please take care of him"

Stewart xie body trembled gently after hearing these word. His hand balled into a fist while his grip on the young Lord tightened. His heart clinching with stabbing pain

"The exit is not far anymore. With Stewart xie knowledge of the terrain of the forest, it should not be too difficult to make it out. We will try to earn as much time as possible to give you a head start" the other guard also said gently.

Stewart xie body trembled even more as he hears the words from his back. A desolate mood suddenly flowed out of his body. His fist squeezed even tighter, nails deeply burying themselves inside his palms.

He did not dare to look back at the two guard behind him. These two were the last and the strongest of the almost fifteen man group of people he brought with him. Each one of them like brother that have followed the lord from many years in the past alongside him.

He personally chose them for this trip and now the last two are about to die as well. How can he bear it. What will he say to their family.

The two guard seemed to feel Stewart xie mood and smiled.

"This is our choice. Like the other brothers who fell before, we will not shrink back when our time come. The young Lord can't fall." Little two said with determination.

"Yes" the other guard also nodded firmly.

Stewart mood become even more sorrowful and desolate. However, he soon calmed himself with everything he had. He can not effort to break down at this moment. Stewart xie nodded gently to show his understanding but remained silent.

"Young lord" little two turned his gaze toward the young Lord, making the later startled in the process. His gaze free and gentle" I know many people look down on you. You do not have enough cultivation base and can not focus hard enough to raise it your level either. The other four bloodline of the xie clan, the three major clans and even many in the young lord bloodline. Everyone may underestimate you. But we believe in you. We believe in the words of the old lord." Little two calm gaze gleamed with brilliant light that seem to show his hope.

"The lord in the past said that one day you will wake up of your slumber. You will finally show your true self to the world and no one would dare to look down on you again"

The young lord froze in place, his face stiff and confused as he stare with a dumb expression. He can't really understand why little two would suddenly brought out this matter. He had once heard something like this before but he never gave it much thoughts. Or more to says he had never given thought to anything before. That's just bothersome for him.

But this time something seemed different. He could feel the atmosphere a little off at the that moment. He can feel a hint of distance in little two's words but just could not understand why.

"I know that day will come. The lord's words are no joke." Little two continued firmly before sighing gently "my only regret is not to be able to see that day. The servant can't help young lord to conquer the world. However just like the brothers who fell today sacrificing themselves, i can still fight and protect the young lord."

The other guard also smiled gently "please look over our family when that day comes, young lord. I know, it is not far anymore. Take care young lord" 

4