Chapter 3: Don’t die
124 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The young lord stared in daze at the two guard like his soul was chopped out of him. His inner feeling unable to calm in the slightest as his heart became chaotic. His mind completely blank. He has never been a person with a bright mind, he knew it clearly without the need of people constantly reminding him to be an idiot. He knew it well deep down in his heart. he is stupid.

But who would willingly accept something like that. Even if it was true, as a young lord of the xie clan, one of the four majors clan of the kun kingdom, he can not let himself be considered as a foul by people. So he always acted in a way to make himself look more impressive in front of people, something he has difficulty accomplishing but still try nevertheless. And that only made a foul out of him even more.

But even with everything, right at that moment he could sense something off and the clear distant meaning in the two guards word. He can still pick up something like that. He may be stupid, but not uncaring.

A thought flashed through his mind and the young lord suddenly trembled. When he thought about it again, from the moment the chase between them started in the forest, the group of black robed people always managed to catch up to them. They have more mobility in the forest as the obstacles of the terrain did not restraint them in anyway.

Contrarily to the group of black robed people, the young lord group has more difficulties moving around the trees, rocks and uneven terrain of the forest. As such, in order to keep the distance between the two side, some of the servants like little two and the other choose to sacrifice themselves to hold off the enemy behind. This happened so many time yet the young lord always seem to forget it once it has happened.

The face and image of each of the guards that sacrificed themselves to earn time for him appeared one by one in his mind. Surprisingly he can even remember how they died and the expression on their face when decided to bravely separate from the main group. His heart instantly clinched like thousands of small needles stabbing his heart.

Thinking about how the guards died one by one before, now the only two left and also the closest to him were about to died for him as well. His heart can't help but stir. The young lord looked down for moment at the fruit in his hands, than back at the two guards

'All this for what, this spirit fruit? Is it worth it? Did people really need to die because of it?'

'No no. This is not only for this fruit. But for xian'er. All this is for my xian'er. For her, everything in the world is worth it'

'But...'

The young lord debated inside, his mood chaotic as his heart struggle to come to a clear reason. His breathing started to accelerate, sweat started dripping down his forehead. He expression changing as his heart drummed against his chest.

The struggle in his heart became even stronger as his body started trembling. He didn't really want to loose these two guards. But what could he do? he had just a piny first level of veins opening cultivation base. That is the first stage of the first cultivation realm. To these real experts of the world, it was no different than a mortal. Anyone with the ability to cultivate will easily pass through this level.

Yet with the resources given to him as a young lord and even the care of many great experts, he was still stuck at the starting point.

The young Lord panted heavily, his body shuddering. He looked at the two guards, opened his mouth to speak but no sound could come out it. The words on his mouth became so heavy, as if weighing thousands of tons. While at the same time, his stuttering seemed to be angry for being late to the party and kicked in again like never before.

The young Lord coughed continuously while still trying hard to make out the words from his mouth but each times the words choked up on his throat. His breath became short and painful.

The two guards stared at the young lord with intense eyes as they seemed to see the young Lord in a new light. For him to try so hard even when each times seemed to be pointless. He only hurted himself as blood spewed out of his mouth when coughing. Furthermore, for him to even remember about what happened before this was a grrat surprise to them. His face had already turned white.

The two guards smiled lightly before glancing at the silent steward xie who looked desolate. Without word, the two guards turned their gaze back and looked at each other once again before nodding their head.

At this point, more words had no meaning anymore, only with the eyes one can already speak more than the mouth can say.

Suddenly the two guards stopped on the theirs tracks at the same time. One stepped on the trunk of a tree to gain support, while the other used a big rock and directly changed direction, shooting toward the opposite direction. They actually headed straight toward the group of black robed people. The eyes of the two guards flashed with determination and resolve.

However after taking a few step, the young lord in their back became even more anxious and helpless. His face turned white, then red while still fighting for the words to reach his lips and finally, his body shook, coughed out a mouthful of blood.

Strength left his body like air escaping from a balloon. His body soft, gently leaning down on steward xie's body. The light in his eyes dimmed, but still managed make out some words. Short, yet without its usual stuttering.

"Don't die"

His voice filled with powerlessness and longing. Powerless because he could not do anything to protect his people. As the young lord, he had always been pride and believed that he needed to protect those that followed him. This was not an act that he chose to do in order to get the attention of others but his real self.

His longing, that is because he didn't want them to die. He wanted them to stay with him as they have always been with him from as long as his faulty memory allow him to remember.

The two guards body shook a little as they heard the faint sound of the young lord in the back. They could feel the emotions in his voice. Theirs heart seemed to smooth down as a warm feeling spread inside them. At slight smile escaped their mouth, but soon returned to normal as light flashed through their eyes.

Little two took a deep breath then sped fourth. His spiritual qi surged through out his body as he channelled all his power. The other guard's body also exploded with a strong aura. He was only a bit weaker than little two, but still close the late peak of meridian condensation stage.

The leader of the black robed people saw the movement at the front, causing his eyes to flash with a dangerous gleam. He snorted coldly then charged straight Head.

The other have used this tactic many time already. In his eyes, given the situation, this tactic did not really have much effect except from retarding the inevitable. But what made him feel annoyed was that each time it happened, the other will still manage to disrupt their advance and even manage to kill some of their own while taking them down with them. Each one of these guards seemed to be able to fight one against two with his silver masked assassins.

Therefore, to take care of things more quickly and not loose track of his target, he had to take action personally each time. Even then, they still managed to take out most of his man with only seven out of thr formerly fifty assassins present remaining.

The leader even had the feeling that if they did not have the data on personal strength of these guards, their battle formations or if they did not ambush them before but instead faced them head on, he one to be on the bad shape at the moment would have been his own group.

The leader of the black robed people eyes flashed as an intense killing intent surged out of his body.

"Be on alert, do not blindly face them alone this time. Four of you divide in two and face against each of them. The rest continued forward with me. Do not loose side of them" the leader said coldly as he pointed at four of his subordinates.

The seven men behind him nodded silently without uttering a single word. Slowly killing intent started rolling out of their bodies.

"Humph, this time things will be different from before. I'll see how you manage after loosing these last two men" the leader of assassin sneered coldly as he look at the speeding back of steward xie.

The two guards did not slow down even for a moment after feeling the intimidating killing intent of the enemies group slamming toward them. Both theirs eyes flashed brightly as they sped up side by side.

Little two waved his right hand gently, and a slander black long sword suddenly appeared in his hand. The sword was thin and sharp as it gleamed brightly for a moment when the light of the sun fell down on it.

While holding the sword, little two momentum shot up again making his presence even more impressive then before. His momentum rose to peak early stage of shedding realm dispute being only a peak meridian expert. This strong aura made the leader of black robed people narrow his eyes. A little surprises as he looked at little two.

An sword also appears in the other guard hand beside little two and his late stage of meridian condensation cultivation also released to the limit.

The leader of black robed people snorted coldly. His face darkened a little. Even for his middle shedding stage cultivation base, he could not just ignore the threat posed by little two. A normal peak meridian cultivator would not be worthy of his attention as he could easily crush someone of that level without much effort. However the aura radiating from little two body caused the leader of assassin to take him seriously.

This level of momentum was very close to the early shedding stage. For a meridian condensation cultivator to realise this kind of pressure could only have two possible reasons. First one, little two must have cultivated a high tier cultivation technique. Second, he was simply monstrous genius.

But after thinking for a moment, the leader of assassin thought of the first reason to be more likely. While little two strength seem to be out of ordinary, the other guards around the young lord did not loose too much comparing to him. They are all stronger than cultivators of the same realm. All of them could not be genius, that will be a terrifying thing. Therefore the leader of assassin dared not to think of the second possibility.

A trace of doubt appeared in the face of the leader of assassin, but only for a brief moment before it completely disappeared. His expression turned colder. He was only a sword, his only job was to obey and kill when ordered. He did not have to worry about the brain work that should be left for the elders and others higher up of the nine stars hall.

He just have to do what he need to do. That is to kill, and he liked it.

A faint, cold smile escaped his lips without even himself realizing it. His blood seem to boil as killing intent shot out of his body. Especially when he saw little two actually heading straight toward him as if planning to face him alone.

"Just two more flies" the leader of black robbed people sneered" do you think with that cultivation of yours, you could face against me. Laughable" his grip on the sword tightened while making cracking noise

At that moment, a strong gust of wind suddenly blew outwardly from the leader of black robed people's body. With his intense momentum and killing intent, the air around him seem to be forcefully cut it off. A huge pressure forcefully heaved down on little two's body like a towering mountain was pressing down on his him.

Little two's heart trembled when feeling the huge pressure. He may be able to fight some shedding stage cultivator and even win if he went all out. But this black robed leader was still not someone he could defeat. After all, he was still just a meridian condensation to cultivator.

But even so, little two hand tightened strongly at the handle of his sword. The hand which was shaking instinctively also eased down after a moment. His expression returned to calm and his heart tranquil like still water. He was already prepared to die in the first place. His eyes gleaming with determination and charged at the leader of black robed people while ignoring the terrifying pressure and danger.

The other guard also fixedly stared at the seven silver masked assassins behind the leader. His mind was focused and calm while looking at the cold silver mask on their faces which could give chill down to the heart.

Since the leader of black robed people was mainly locking his pressure and killing intent at little two, the other guard easily shook off the remaining pressure and accelerated some more.

The two side were already close during the chase. With their speed, it only took a brief moment before the two side could clash head on with theirs swords.

Boom boom

The two side clashed against each other. Strong wind exploded toward every direction as the collision of spiritual qi shook the air. Multiple sword energies flew around, slashing and cutting everything in the surrounding.

A number of tree were cut down, the surrounding rock were crashed while sword mark appeared in the ground destroying everything.

Little two shot back like a broken kite as his body was pushed back after the impact, blood spreading in the air. But a faint smile hung on his lips.

After retreating a few more steps, little two managed to regain his balance and rolled back to stop himself. However at that moment, a deep and long sword wound appeared on his shoulder. Blood flowed faintly, dripping down to the ground.

His breathing was rough, many more small sword wounds could be seen on his body. His hand was trembling as the numbling feeling from the impact spread across his right arm holding the sword. But little two squeeze his hand tightly to not let the sword fall from his hand.

Little two wiped out the blood from the corner of his lips while a provocative grin surfaced on his lips as he looked at the black robed leader in front of him.

He successfully stopped the leader advance.

The face of the leader on the other hand was completely dark and heavy. His eyes narrowed into a slit as he stared intently at little two. However deep inside his heart, a huge storm was blowing.

Just from the first contact he could already judge the strength of little two. With little two of power, he could be considered invincible at the same level. Only a few of the young masters and princes of the great powers he knew could match this feat. However those young masters and princes were geniuses and also backed up by powers with thousands of years of history.

The nine stars hall will not easily offend these kind of powers. Most of them could easily destroy them to the last man, only with a single flip of the hand.

To think that he would come across someone like this. What's more, the man in front of him was not a prince, but a servant!

Who will be so extravagant as to go cultivating a servant to be as strong as this. Wasting resources on someone irrelevant, even if he was meant to protect their young master.

A servant with the power of princes and young masters of big power, who is also ready to die for someone else.

The leader of black robed men swallowed hard. His heart beating as his mind flashed with countless thoughts. He looked at his side and saw that the other guard on little two side actually managed to stop three of the seven assassins by himself. Only four of thrm passed through to chase the young Lord.

One must know that each of those assassin were great resources for the nine stars hall. Each one of them were stronger than cultivators of the same level. As an assassin, they could even kill people of higher level if acting in the dark. But right now three of them were only able to face off against one of the enemies. What kind of joke was this.

"Little two, I'm sorry. I can only do this much." The other guard said faintly. A hint of apology could feel from his voice but his eyes were always locked at the three assassin in front of him. Not leaving them for a singe second.

"Ahahaha" little two actually laughed at this time. He straightened his body as he stood with his back straight in front of the leader of assassin" even at this moment, you are actually still calling me by that name, little one"

The other guard's body froze for a moment before a smile also appears on his face" yea, you're right. That is the name given to us in the past by the young lord." Little one said without glancing at little two " I'm already used to that name. What about you"

"Of course, I am" little two chuckled."its the only name he can remember in his mind. I personally don't want for him to find an other name for me. That will just be too much of a pain"

"Yea, you're right" little one also nodded" his naming suck"

"Really suck"

The leader of black robed men looked at the exchange between the two. His face calm and cold. But he could not help but admire the two in front of him. They seemed to be oblivious of the danger in front of them and casually talking to each other. But he couod understand their feelings.

They will die today and panicking now would not be of any use. May as well be free and unconcerned.

3