The clash
97 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The leader of black robed people glanced at the disappearing back of the four remaining assassins chasing after steward Xie and the young Lord. His eyes lingered for a moment before looking back at the two guards in front of him.

He stared at little two, his eyes flashing with a cold light. The next moment, a sinister smile escaped his lips.

"That useless young Lord of yours must really have great charms for the lot of you to so desperately try to save him and actually willing to sacrifice yourselves"

Little two eyes narrowed into a fine slit as he focused his gaze at the leader. His body was firmly standing in front of him, blocking his way.

"Don't worry, I will make sure that your young Lord joins you in the netherworld so that you would not be too lonely" the leader said coldly before taking a step forward. Right at that moment, his spirit qi exploded with a bang! The ground shook and small spider like cracks expended from the deep footprint of the leader as if the ground was unable to bear the weigh of his power.

A strong wind blew outwardly with the leader's body as the centre, mincing everything around ten meters radius. The strong pressure from the boundless spirit qi crashed down against little two's body, causing his expression to shift slightly. However the later did not step back but instead took a step forward as well while releasing his own cultivation base to resist.

"I will not let you go after the young Lord" little two body tensed up as he released all his power. His body shook slightly, then a booming sound rang out in the sky as his aura collided against the leader's.

Little two's body shook once again as he almost took a step back, but he still stood his ground. Even if the enemy was stronger, little two did not plan on taking even a single step back. His face turned savage as mobilized his full strength. His robe flapping wildly in the wind.

"You want to stop me?" The leader sneered coldly as his mouth curved disdainfully " I agree that your strength is uncommon. You definitely have the strength of a shedding stage expert. Only a few could match people of higher realm than themselves. Even for monsters of these ancient clan, it is rare to meet someone like you. However that just it. You only have that strength but in the end are not in the shedding stage. Do you actually think that you can stop me with that much?"

Little showed his teeth as he grinned. He waved his sword before pointing the tip toward the leader.

"Why don't you try it"

Little two took an other step, right at that moment his aura skyrocketed. A faint purplish aura appeared, swirling around his body and converged on top of his head to form the image of a fierce roaring dragon.

The purplish dragon opened his mouth wide, and roared dominantly toward the leader. The dragon stared down at him like a king gazing down at a commoner from his high throne.

The face of the leader fell. His heart instantly clinched like it was pinched by an invisible hand. His eyes widened as he stared at the purplish qi. He recognized that qi around little two.

The dragon qi. That is the dragon qi. A very strong and rare type of so. Very difficult to condense. That was not something that could just be be cultivated by anyone.

No wonder he was strong.

For the first time, a sense of dsnger suddenly covered the leader. He was not afraid of little two, but realised that if a servant could be in possession of something like this then what kind of monster was backing him up.

The leader looked again past behind little two at the direction which the young Lord left. His heart started to feel a little anxious as his eyes flickered restlessly. Just what kind of monster were they trying to provoke!

Should he continue with the mission? If they killed the young Lord of this kind of power, then there will surely be retribution in the future. Even if they removed all the traces, there are still more than one way to find a hidden truth. However at this point, things have gone to far to stop.

After some thought, the leader took a deep breath and calmed himself. His mind refocused and the coldness resumed in his eyes.

Thinking about all these things would not change anything. Stopping the mission would not be of any good either. May as well finish fast and clean everything before reporting back to the young master.

The leader threw back all the thoughts in the back of his head. His nine stars hall did not fear anyone in the nine kingdom territory anyway.

The leader glared at little two who at the same time was staring back straight at his eyes, studying his expression as if to read his thoughts. Little two seemed to see the change on the leader causing his eyes to flash slightly. The leader smiled coldly as theirs eyes met.

"You really have some courage to dare stand in front of me. I will give you that much. Are you not afraid to die? Or may be you are just so stupid thinking that you could fight against me" the leader snorted coldly. The killing intent in his eyes became thicker.

Little two smiled, showing his teeth as he mockingly looked at the leader " actually, I think that you are more daring than me. Or maybe even more stupid"

"Oh?" The leader eyes narrowed

" do you know who that boy is? What would happen if something happened to him?" Little two smiled become colder " to think that you would actually dare to kill him. I can only say you have gut"

Narrowing his eyes, the leader's heart strangely skipped a beat hearing these words.

" are you threatening me?" The leader eyes flashed darkly. His spirit qi rolled out like a wave. The sword in his hand hummed loudly as the sound reverberated throughout the sky. At the same time, a terrifying sense of dsnger covered little two entire body.

Threatening you? Hahaha" little two bursted out laughing. Ignoring all the warning sense of his body." It seems that your client did not tell you everything, huh"

"Why do you think that someone like the young Lord would actually survive to this day. You must have gotten the data on the young Lord so you should know many things about him. With these greedy old bastard lurking around, how could the be left alive and enjoy their resources so easily" little two sneered.

The eyed flashed, the hand gripping the sword tightened slightly while the sword hummed louder. It seemed unable to restrain its excitement as if urging the leader to slash and cut down at little two. However the leader remained calm and listened quietly.

He knew thst little two was gained to me for the young Lord, but the leader did was not worried for that. If he were to use all his power and his secret law, he can still make it in time to kill that young Lord before he could leave the forest.

" these old foggy of the Xie clan have the power to silently kill the young Lord without even leaving a single trace. Even the best master of divination would not be able to find out anything if they chose to act. However until now, they never dared to touche him. Why do you think that is?"

The leader remained silent, his cold expression unchanged. However his heart skipped a beat once again. He was clear of the power of the Xie clan. There always seems to have a cloud of mist that surround it with mystery. Many thinks that the Xie clan was like the others three major clan of the kun kingdom witb enough strength to resist the royal clan of the kun kingdom, however great power like the nine stars hall knew that the Xie clan was more than it appeared. That was why his young master had his eyes on them in the first place.

However all this did not matter. He just wanted to learn some more information so that he will bring back to the young master. The Xie clan may be a big power here in the nine kingdom territory, but compared to the nine stars hall it was nothing.

"It does not matter. My nine stars hall only satisfies the request of our customers. A price was placed on your young Lord head. And as the leader of this mission, I will make sure that he die today without fail."

As soon as he finished, the leader took a step forward. His body flickered and suddenly he disappeared from his position. At the same time, little two face changed as he felt a sense of dsnger. Without enough time to react, he raised his right hand in front of him and slashed forward with his sword.

Bang!

A booming sound rebounded in the air as little two was sent flying up side down. Shooting back from the impact before crashing against a huge boulder. Little two felt like hit by a meteor as he only managed to stop the sword attack of the leader at the last moment.

A trace blood could be seen at the corner of little two's mouth. His breathing accelerated. He looked in front of him with sharp eyes as the leader reappeared a few meters away from him. His heart beating fast.

" it seems like i will not have it easy this time, huh" little two whispered to himself with a bitter smile.

The leader stared at little two with a hint of surprise in his eyes. As an assassin, most of his attack are unpredictable and difficult to fend off. Knowing of little two's strength he did not look down on him in the slightest.

Even an ordinary early shedding stage cultivator would have trouble defending against that sword attack yet little two managed to stop it.

The leader snorted coldly. A little dissatisfied with the result. He turned his head and looked at the three assassin surrounding little one in the other battle.

"Kill"

The three assassin charge forth directly after receiving the order, attacking little one at the same time from three sides in a triangular formation. One attack followed an other immediately. Then an other one, not giving little two any space or chance to fight them one on one.

But little one actual move around the formation defending back against the three assassins attacks and occasionally slash down with his sword fused with dragon qi.

His reactions were fast and precise, holding on even though the three assassins pushed back every seconds.

The assassins strength seemed to multiply inside the formation. Their movements in a strange rhythm with unpredictable attacks, making little one step back again and again. Sword slashing down and stabbing in every vital areas while a single mistake could be fatal.

Little one's body was covered with blood and sword wounds. Even with every efforts, fighting a formation of three assassins was still difficult as some attacks landed on his body after only managing to avoid fatal blows.

Suddenly, little two feinted a move to one side, before retreated a few step to escape from the formation with swift body's movements. However his face changed instantly.

As if waiting for this chamce all this time, two assassins attacked in a pincer at the same time from difficult angles, suddenly changing their rhythm as they stabbed toward little one.

Little two expressions changed. His body flickered as a leaned his body to the side. He span in the air dodging the attack, right at that moment, the last assassins dived down from the space opened above and stabbed toward little one throat with his sword at lightning speed.

The attacks from the three assassins were fast and swift, as if they were directing the pace of the fight right to this moment. The action happened in a flash, leaving little one without time to think too much.

In the life and death situation, little one instinctively waved his hand and a white gentle paper appeared out of thin air. Little one purred rapidly spiritual qi inside the paper before throwing it in front of him.

A bright light flashed from the paper

Clang

A sound echoed in the air. Right in front of little one, a yellow light screen appeared in the light from the paper and stopped the last assassin sword a few inches from his throat. The three assassins froze for a moment as they look at the scene.

'Guard shield'

Little one landed on the ground and retreated at fast speed, leaving the three assassins formation before they could react. His body covered with sweat, while his heart pounding against his chest.

The leader who was ready to attack again at this time stop on his truck. His body froze as he turned to looked at the disappearing screen stopping the last assassin's sword.

Little one waved his hand, an other white paper appeared. Looking at this, the leader corner of the mouth twisted uncontrollably.

Little two purred spiritual qi inside the paper before throwing it toward the three assassins. The three did not dare to stand in place, they stamped lightly on the ground with their feet before theirs body flashed and disappeared from theirs original positions.

Without waiting for them to go too far, the white paper flashed with a btight light and right on top of the area were the three assassins were standing, three formation circles appeared in the air. On circle toping the other, each radiating with strong power of destruction.

Suddenly, a heavy rain of thunder purred down in the area covered by the three superposed formations circles. Showering the ground with heaven breaking power of destruction.

Boom boom boom boom... 

2