Chapter 5: Xian’er
124 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground shifted upside down as countless huge cracks surfaced on it, splitting the land of the forest as the cracks spread towardsl every directions. The sky paled, the air exploded chaotically, projecting like shooting star the burned and destroyed pieces of trees and rocks after the thunder rain.

A cloud of black dust filled the area of impact. The ground was gently trembling as the lingering after effect of the impact slowly died down. The rumbling sound still reverberating in the air like the howls of thousands of fierce demon beasts.

After a while, everything calmed down. The cloud of dust dispersed slowly, exposing a terrifying sight. Right at the location that thunder rain fell, everything was completely destroyed. A huge deep hole appeared in the center. From the depth of the hole, one could feel the power of destruction of the thunder rain as everything inside was turned to dust.

The figures of the three assassins appeared a few meters away from the giant hole. While theirs faces was covered with silver masks, just with their shivering body at the moment one could imagine what kind of expression was hiding behind it.

One of the three assassins was a complete mess. His clothes were broken, completely stained red with blood. One of his arms hung loosely to the side while many burned flesh could be seen on it. Most blood on the arm were already burned black but many fresh one still trying to pure out it.

The other two assassins were in a more better shape. It seemed like the last assassin was one step too late to dodge and suffered greatly after the thunder rain barely touched him.

A deep silence covered the place. Little one panting could be clearly heard by everyone present at the moment but no one give much thought to it as everyone's gaze were glued to the huge hole.

On the other side, the leader stared with big eyes, his heart beating fast like the terrifying thunder shower was still raining down inside his heart. A chill seeped inside him, causing his body to shriver slightly.

If that thunder rain were to fall down on him, the best outcome would have been him being in a very bad shape at that moment. The leader swallowed hard before turning to look at little one who at the moment have already produced an other white paper. The corner of the leader's lips twitched.

Again. The damn guy produced an other annoying paper. One already caused this much destruction, what will come next. How is this even fair.

The leader looked at little one, his face twitching as he suppressed the urge to swear. His chest puffed up, blocking the anger inside him.

"So you were hiding something like this all this time" the leader's eyes were glowing as he stared at little one.

"But how many of them do you have" the leader groaned

If little one and the other always had these kind of talisman papers with them from the beginning, then their group would not have been in such a story state, barely keeping theirs young lord alive.

They would have faced them head on with this kind of power, and the one to suffer would be the other way around. But they never used it to the very end and only brought it out now.

"Is that so?" Little one grinned, he waved his hand and an other paper appeared in his hand, then an other one.

"Try me"

The leader swallowed hard, looking at the three talisman paper in little one's hands. Three of them. Each looked plain but hiding a deathly crisis.

The next moment, the leader mind flashed as he was struck by a sudden thought. Little two was obviously stronger then little one. If little one could have these talisman papers, then ...

The leader slowly turned his head to look at the side toward little two, his heart suddenly sunk.

As expected, little two also produced two talisman papers, holding them in his left hand while holding the sword on his right hand.

The leader felt his heart falling to the bottom. These talisman papers may look simple but they are very difficult to produce. Not just any one could be in theirs possession either.

One was able to store strong and heaven shattering attacks or formations inside these papers. By only purring some spiritual qi inside it, the attacks could be activated and be thrown to the enemy.

With this, a weak ant can kill a giant dragon. It can be used as a life saving treasure or a trump card, so one could imagine how useful and precious these talisman paper could be.

Even for the nine stars hall, maybe only high level elders would have these talisman paper on them. It would be difficult for someone like the leader to own something that precious. Yet right in front of him, two simple servants actually produced more than four talisman papers like it was nothing.

Just one of these could possibly end his group of assassin but these two guys have so many on them, and possibly more than he think. The heart of the leader twisted.

He has never had a mission this complicated. From the beginning nothing seemed to go well. First the young lord who was said to be a godly trash in cultivation actually tanked his sword attack backed by all his strength head on without dying.

The guy even seemed so lively that it would be difficult to believed that the leader just tried to kill him. Just thinking about it, even if he refused to care about any possible power backing that young lord, he could not think of how a boy of first level of vein opening could actually survive the attack him, a middle shedding stage expert. That just impossible. There is a huge gape in strength and cultivation realm. Yet there it was.

There is also the the dragon qi cultivated by those guards, making each of them stronger then cultivators at the same level. The dragon qi is reserved for kings, Yet right in front of him he saw servants practicing it.

And lastly the talisman papers in theirs hands. When summing up everything, the leader could not remains still anymore. They really stepped on a tiger tail this time. The leader's face turned completely ugly. He couldn't turn back now and leave. Judging by the power displayed by of the talisman paper, he could still take care of the two guys but he would still need to bled slightly if he wanted to catch up to the young lord.

"Do not blindly charge at him. Work together and don't give him space to use the talisman papers." The leader shouted coldly at the three assassins before stepping toward little two. His eyes burning with killing intent. This time he was going to use all his strength.

Little two eyes flashed with determination and also stepped forward. He purred spiritual qi inside the two paper talismans in his hands before throwing them in the air.

His hand flashed into incantation gestures. the two paper talismans flying in the air suddenly started swirling around his body as he charged at the leader.

Little two lifted his hand, his sword rose before fiercely cutting down with lightning speed in front of him. A big, sharp sword qi fired out of the sword, slashing the air.

The leader did not try to avoid and fired out his own sword qi back at little two. However his sword attack was more powerful and imposing as he cut down at little two.

Boom.

A huge bang resounded in the air as the two sword qi collided with each other. The world shook.

............. .............. ............. ............. ............

In the region of the nine kingdoms. the Loyang city, one of the first class city of of kun kingdom.

As the main location of the xie clan, where their ancestral home was constructed, the Loyang city was one of the major cities of the kun kingdom. A dream place for many cultivator.

The city looked grand and majestic, stretching out to the horizon. The huge and grandiose architecture feasting the eyes while giving a very mysterious and deep artistic feeling.

Each curve and line reflecting beauty and harmony in his composition like the mixture of various note to, form a single musical key.

As the overlord of the city, the xie clan controlled and run everything inside the city. Every land was owned by the them, making it difficult to buy a house even with a generous sum of money.

The xie clan built their own town inside the city where reside their ancestor home. A sacred place not for just anyone to set foot on.

At this moment, inside a quite room. Dim gentle light was flickering in the silent and dark room. Gentle smoke and fragrance filled the air.

Suddenly, the sheet on the bed rustled. Slowly, a soft and white hand slowly stretched out of blanket. The hand looked small and weak yet captivating, gently pushing out from under the blanket revealing a beautiful female figure inside.

The beautiful girl slowly stepped out of the messy bed with gentle movement. Her body wrapped by the blanket covering her alluring figure. The girl looked around eighteen years old. Small mouth, thin and red lips. Big sparkling eyes with a round face.

Her jade black hair freely flowing down on her back, trembling slightly as it rhythmically followed her step when she walked toward the chair in front of a mirror. Even with her body covered by the blanket, one can still make out the line and curve that could make men droll.

A real beauty, even with the frown always hanging on her brow, which only made her even more beautiful. Her brow locked, her eyes unfocused as she slowly sat down in front of the mirror. She started combing her smooth hair while her eyes stared in the space.

She is xian'er. For some raison, her heart could not seem to stay calm. Her thoughts wandering about without end as the uneasy feeling stabbing her heart kept getting stronger.

However at this moment, a shadow slowly moved behind her like a snake. With her mind unfocused, she did not seem to notice the movement as the shadow closed on her from behind. Suddenly, a strong hand gently fell down on her shoulder which brought her out of her thoughts.

Xian'er's body shook slightly, however Without needing to look back, she could already guess who was behind her as a gentle smile appeared on her face. She brought her hand and touched the hand on her shoulder as she caressed it lovingly.

The sudden action seemed to distract her mind a little but soon the frown on her face returned once again. The worrying feeling in her heart seemed to be hard to just ignore.

The figure behind her slowly leaned forward, intimately hugging her from the back. His feature also coincidentally became visible in the flickering light, revealing a young man's face.

He seemed about the same age as xian'er. Around eighteen years old. A straight brow and handsome face. Confident eyes that seemed to have everything under his palm.

The young man gently tightened his hand as he wrapped them around xian'er body. He took a deep and long breath, sniffing the scent of her neck and jade black, smooth hair. His eyes flashed as a faint trace of intoxication appeared on his face.

The fire inside him seemed ready to burse again, but he forcefully supressed the burning desire with his will. He could still bare for sometime. The messy and completely untidy bed behind them could already tell little of the hot time they had together

The young man's hand gently moved around xian'er body, feeling the smooth and white twin peaks in his hand that he could not help but put a little more strength.

"Mmnn...." A gentle moan slowly spread out of xian'er mouth. The sound echoed in the closed room, vibrating even more all the string inside the young man heart and head. The sweet sound seemed so enchanting that his hand caressed her even more, while his breathing started to accelerate. Barely stopping the urge to devastate her just then and there.

Her body shook a little as she leaned the back of her head on his shoulder. The feeling of his hand made her feel like a flash of electricity passed through her body. Her hand tightly squeezed the young man's arm.

But after a moment, the young man slowed his movement. Just there, he could feel xian'er body a little stiff in her reactions. Something hard to detect but clear in his eyes, which meant that she could be troubling.

"What's wrong" the young man gently kissed xian'er on the neck, his hand visibly unable to stop moving around her body " the bed felt cold and lonely without you. Come back to sleep"

Xian'er frowned her brow again. Her slender eyebrows creased as the worry expression returned on her face.

"I just can't sleep. With everything going on. I feel a little concerned." Xian'er said gently.

"What?" Hearing these word, the young man's face turned cold instantly. The hand which were unrestrainedly roaming around her body finally come to a stop.

The young man leaned closer, turning his head to look straight at xian'er face like trying to see deep through her soul.

"Are you still worried about that idiot?" His voice was cold and sharp. The temperature inside the room seemed to cool down suddenly. 

2