Chapter 6: New threats
101 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A deep silence suddenly fell inside the room. The young man's eyes intently staring at xian'er. A cold light shining inside of them.

Xian'er stayed silent for a while before shaking her head lightly. The worrying expression on her face deepened even more.

"No. I don't care about that fool. But this time, I'm worried that we may have been a little bit rash"

"Oh?" The young man narrowed his eyes into a fine slit "don't tell me that you are regretting it now. You should know that it is too late already. you can't back down. Or Can it be that you really want to marry that idiot"

Xian'er looked at the young man, slightly disgusted at the mention of the marriage word with that fool. She seemed to hate hearing anything about her marriage with that him. Her brows locked into a deep frown.

"That's not it. It's just that it was me who told him about the spirit fruit in the wailling mist forest. Were it not for that, he would not have easily left the clan. If something were to happen to him, I'm sure many wouod easily be able to tell that I lured him out of the clan."

"He even left the clan without letting anyone know in order to surprise me and get that spirit fruit for my breakthrough. I'm just worried"

Xian'er worriedly looked at the young man. She knew very well that things would not go so easily for her if that idiot were to died.

She had a marriage arrangement prepared by two majors clans with the stupid young lord long ago. She was his fiance. However who will be willing to marry a dumb person like that. With her beauty and talent, her eyes were looking pretty high when it comes to the person she will give herself to. But she had no word in it. The power of those two clans are just too much for her to resist. Especially the xie clan.

While her own clan was also one of the four major clans of the kun kingdom, the difference in power and prestige compared to the xie clan was just too vast. The xie clan strength could directly rival the power of the royal clan, which stood supreme above everything else. What could she do against something like that.

The royal clan could easily crash one of the major clans while sustaining only minimal lost in their power. But if more then three major clan were to unit together against the royal clan, even if the royal clan could win, they would be so weakened that they would not be able to hold their position afterward.

Therefore the royal clan allows the major clans to rule a part of territory inside the kingdom but still have to answer to them. However only one major clans did not answer to them, and that is the xie clan.

A clan that was unknown in the past but suddenly rose in power and grew so fast in the last few years that it left people in wonder. No more than a dozen of years ago, the xie clan was just one of the many minor clans inside the kun kingdom.

They were so weak in the past that they would avoid unnecessary troubles in any way and stayed unnoticed while occasionally fawning over big power in other to survive in a world were minor clan like in the past could lord over some territory but still be easily annihilated in blink of a eye.

But right now, the xie clan power already surpassed the others three major clans and rival the royal clan. Its development was so fast that no power could stop their step for a moment. Many tried but only succeeded in bringing disaster to themselves while the xie clan only got stronger.

As such, xian'er could only bow down her head when her own clan and the xie can set a marriage arrangement between that stupid young lord and her.

In many people eyes, she should think of herself lucky to have the chance to marry into the xie clan, and to a young lord not less. However she didn't think of it that way. She didnt want to marry a man that could not even be able to form complete word and speak properly.

After hearing these words, the Young man eyes softened. The coldness on his face lessened even more after seeing the distressed expression on xian'er's face. He could not just bear to see it. He gently hagged her from the back, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. Nothing would happen to you." The young man said slowly. Reassuring xian'er in his arms with a gentle voice.

Xian'er turned her head to the side to look at him with her clear eyes. Her gaze dim but still mesmerizing. Even without word, the dim light in her eyes could convey the worry inside her heart as her heart was filled with doubt and worry for the future.

The xie clan may have their own infighting. The various members of the clan could occasionally fight and dispute among themselves but they will never allow anyone to meddle in their own affairs. They are more like a closed world of themselves and their own rule. Like an ancient cult.

If they felt the presence of an outsider in their internal problems they would decisively put aside their own difference and eliminate the danger like marching in a clock. As such, not many people knew a lot about the xie clan.

The elders of the clan may hate that idiot young lord of the fifth bloodline to the bone for some reason. They would hope for nothing more than for that stupid young lord to die somewhere and just disappear

However if that really happened, the xie clan would still use everything in their power to find the one responsible and retaliate against them with crushing power. That is even though they also hoped to get it of the young lord. It will be even more serious if the one responsible was an outsider.

Therefore, when xian'er thought about the power of the xie clan, if really that young lord died and they find the connection between her and the the young lord's death, even her clan which is one of the major clans of the kun kingdom, a giant in the eyes of the world would not be able to save her.

It is even more likely that her own clan would willingly hand her over to the xie clan on their own initiative in order to avoid misunderstandings and show their good will to cooperate. She could not help but fell anxious in her heart when she thought about it.

The young man smiled gently and leaned on her back. He took an other sniff of her long and smooth black hairs. His eyes burning with inexplicable desire but still suppressed his inner beast. He can easily tell what was on her mind and as the one who actually pushed her to this situation, he could not just sit by and watch her worry.

"Didn't you want that spirit spirit fruit for your breakthrough? You are in a bottleneck right now and that spirits fruit would help you greatly. It was guarded closed by a strong demon beast deep in the outer ring of the wailling mist forest and would not be easy for anyone to get it."

"My idiotic cousin wanted to act brave and show off, so he willingly decided to go to the forest and snatch that fruit for you. What does it have to do with you if anything serious were to happen to him. No one asked him to go there and die"The young man said coldly

Xian'er stayed silent for moment. She thought about what the young man said and her heart eased a bit. But while the young man hand caress her body, her body still felt stiff as she was still concerned.

The young man eyes glittered as he raised his head to look forward. His eyes narrowed into a slit.

"These old guys of the clan, they would not look too deeply into the matter if we did not take action directly." The young man then sneered coldly "Right now they are still hesitant but with just a little push, they would definitely take that trash out of the clan"

The young man then looked back down at xian'er, his eyes soft. His hand gently reached toward xian'er chin and slowly turned her head to face her as their four eyes lock together.

"Relax. I took care of everything. Nothing would happen to you. I will not allow that to happen. And with that man taking action, I m sure everything would be alright."

"Un. I trust you xie Fan " xian'er nodded gently. Her heart eased down as she look into xie Fan tranquil and deep black eyes.

Seeing the anxious feeling slowly disappear from her face, xie Fan suddenly grinned fiercely. He leaned forward before easily lifting xian'er body from the chair with one swift movement. Hugging her in his chest, xie Fan then turned and headed back to the bed with xian'er still coddling into his arms.

The sudden movement startled xian'er for a moment as she was taken by surprise. But after looking at the direction xie Fan was heading and the fierce fire in his eyes, her face suddenly turned red as she realised the situation.

She let herself be carried by xie Fan and gently wrapped her arms around his neck like a ring. Looking intently deep inside his eyes as if able to see past the burning fire of desire and gazing at the love buried deep within.

Her heart felt sweet while pounding like it was her first time. Drumming at the rhythm of xie Fan every step, stomping decisively on the ground as he slowly toward the messy bed.

This was her man. The one she has willingly chosen. Not some useless boy she is forced to marry dispute her hidden unwillingness.

The person she chose is nothing less of the one she was given to by the two clans arrangement. He is xie Fan, also one of the young lord of the xie clan.

She knew that what she was doing was risky and she could be played for a foul but she knew as well that what started only as a show of power for the young man in the past to take away the treasure of his cousin was now a real feeling that had deeply taken root in the his heart. Xian'er smiled sweetly.

Xie Fan reached the bed and slowly lay xian'er down on the bed before pressing his body down against hers. A melodious giggles echoed in the room.

"In the meantime, how about going for an other round." Xie Fan dived down and sealed her lips as he kissed her profoundly. His hand moved and opened the blanket covering her perfect figure to reveal the smooth white skin underneath.

Xian'er her could notnhelp but make a sound as she moaned, unable to raise her voice with her mouth sealed shut by the deep kiss. Xie Fan moved like a coiling dragon around her body as he slide down to easily place both her feet around his waist.

His breathing became short, hurried and heavy mixed with xian'er exhalation. The sound of bed sheet rustling as theirs body moved around on the bed, flipping each other for a moment as they battled for the one to ride on the top of the other. In the end, Xian'er came out victorious as she laid on top of Xie Fan while looking down at him with her mesmerizing eyes.

The two paused their movements for a brief moment as they locked gaze. They could feel each other breath as theirs faces were only a few inches away from one and an other after separating from the deep kiss.

Xie Fan hand gently caressed her thigh, slowly and gently moving toward the bliss land while still looking straight into her eyes. On top of him, xian'er hand lean on his chest before sliding down to the wakened dragon that seemed ready to pierce the heaven as it poking her from below.

Her smooth and small hand dove in and seized the enraged dragon by the horn and stroke gently. Xie Fan groaned.

The heat was going up.

Soon, moaning sounds of woman and the heavy groaning of a man echoed in the room.

................ ................ ................ ................

Steward xie whistled through the air, speeding forward as he pierced through the many trees and rocks in the forest. His advance without any trace of halting for second, no matter the obstacles on his road.

His eyes fixed forward without blinking for a moment. Trace of blood veins forming on his eyes as its color turned crimson. His face cold and dark as he sped forth without turned his head back.

As he was charging forward, some low level demon beasts would appear and try to attack and ambush him in the dark. However steward xie movement were swift and fast, dodging past them without a single pause.

At that moment, steward xie's heart was cold. His fury threatening to explode like a raging volcano. He did not even glance at the many demon beasts attempting to block his way. Steward xie suppressed his feeling no matter what. He forcefully pressed down the anger inside his heart while carrying the young lord had a blank expression on his face as he lay on steward Xie shoulder.

The young lord eyes stared blankly in the air. Far in the distance, the sound of explosion was continuously booming. The earth kept shaking as even from such long distance steward, he could still see the ground trembling due to the collision of spirit qi in the distance.

A could of dust formed far behind them, shrouding the air. The strong ripples of spiritual qi spreading toward every directions. Even with his low level ability to sense qi, he could still feel a huge pressure as if the world was crumbling.

The young lord's heart suddenly clinched, dragging him out of his daze as his mood fell to the deep level of the abyss. Even with his low level of IQ, he could still understand the situation at that moment.

Too many people have died in this trip. He may not be able to remember each of theirs faces immediately, but if their were to appear in front of him, he would surely remember them. Each of these servants have been protecting him for years. For as long as his memories could take him back, they have always been there for him.

Even when his own clan member despised him and hated him, these servants had never left his side. With his flicking temper, he can sometimes explode and beat them up, scold and do anything but not one of them has ever said a word of dissatisfaction.

However now almost everyone is gone, sacrificing themselves for him who actually brought them to this situation.

While thinking of this, the young lord's heart pained like stabbed by thousand of small and sharp needles. His face pale as the breath become rough and short.

The young lord looked down at the yellow spirit fruit in his hands. His body shook faintly.

'Everything is because of this fruit. Risking and Loosing everything, but for what? A look from xian'er? A little attention? Or maybe a simple smile from her? Was it worth it?'

While countless thoughts flashed inside his head, the young lord mind became chaotic as his mood fell to the lowest point. He had lost too much to day that his mind was about to break down.

Lifting his head, the young lord looked again toward the direction where the sound of collision reverberated. Different colors of light flashing past. Right then, he really hope that the two guards would make it out safely. He just hopped they would come back to him alive.

Steward xie seemed to feel the young lord mood, he glanced slightly from the corner of his eyes at the young lord direction before sighing.

Maybe this ordeal will be a good lesson for the young lord. Steward xie had never seen the young Lord look so deep into thought. The young lord just acted and did what he wanted. He never looked back at the consequences. However this time, his heart could not stay unmoved. His expression was changing continuously as if struggling with something.

'This could really be a good harvest, but at what cost?' Steward xie sighed deeply.

Steward xie's eyes suddenly flashed. Behind him, three figures appeared. They were relentlessly chasing him. The three silver masked assassins were using all theirs strength to keep up with steward xie while they still kept their three man formation intact, moving on synchro.

The young lord also noticed the three black robed figures, causing his face to completely tun white from fright as he panicked. He had seen too much of these man that just the sight of them made his body shudder.

Steward xie glanced back and frowned. But right at that moment, the ground shook violently. The light in the sky seemed to dim down as a fierce and bloodthirsty aura suddenly heaved down from the sky, covering the whole area instantly. At the same time a sky shattering roar echoed, causing the air to ripple madly.

Countless demon beasts in the forest trembled and whined as they felt the terrifying aura. They seemed to be suppressed, prostrating themselves on the ground with their head lowered.

Feeling the strong aura, steward xie face changed dramatically as he looked toward a direction. His eyes wide and filled shock.

"Demon qi! " Steward xie exclaimed " what a strong demon qi. This must be a general demon beast. What is this kind of demon beast doing in the outer ring of the forest" Steward xie anxiously looked to the direction of the sound, yet his step did not stop for a moment. But just after taking a few step, steward xie face fell even more.

The strong demon aura actually locked into both him and the young Lord. A domineering pressure and killing intent bearing down on them like a mountain. Steward xie heart skipped a beat. Before he could react, an other terrifying aura exploded from a different direction.

An other demonic aura!

The wind blew out in every direction and ground trembled even more. The aura was filled with viciousness and madness. Not weaker then the first one. What made steward xie spine to turn cold was actually that the new aura also locked into them as soon as it find them.

At that moment steward xie could not help but panic a little. The new aura came from the direction of the exit of the forest right before him. For the first time, steward xie stopped his advance. His heart pounding against his.chest as confusion filled his mind.

The three assassins behind him also stopped chasing and retreated to the side. They could feel the huge demon qi rushing toward them from different directions. Fortunately the demonic aura was mainly focused on steward xie and the young Lord while ignoring them.

On the other hand, steward xie stood in place with the young Lord on his shoulder. His face changing and anxious as he could not understand the situation.

Roarrrr..

Boommm

Steward xie heart clinched.

An other one. An other demon qi appeared!

This time from the back and closing fast on them with fury and killing intent. A third demonic aura appeared and locked into them. Making it three general demon beasts rushing toward them from three different direction with them being in the middle.

This kind of situation could scare someone to death. To have these terrifying demons to simultaneously target a single person out of no where. But surprisedly, steward xie suddenly calmed down. His heart slowly turned ranquil. The anxious feeling in his heart disappeared as he felt his body becoming free and easy 

2