Chapter 7: Troubled young lord
85 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From three different directions. Three huge demonic aura surged forth and locked on their bodies. The strong murderous intent was burning the sky. The three demon beasts speed were very fast and judging from theirs paces, they would not take too long to make it to them.

Steward xie breathed in a cold air, the look in his eyes was calm. With his years of experience of dangers and fightings, he knew that panicking now would be the worse thing to do. Steward xie looked toward the demonic qi that coming from behind, his eyes narrowed slightly. From these three strong demonic aura, this one was the only one he was able to recognize.

"How persistent. To think that it would chase us to such distance." Steward xie gazed far in the distance, his eyes sharpe like blade. He seemed to be able to see far in the distance as a huge black and imposing figure was madly rushing toward them with heavy, yet fast steps.

Steward xie recognized that aura. That general demon beast was the bear demon beast from which they just stole the spirit fruit. Steward xie and his group have already fought against the bear demon beast thanks to the damn monkey courtesy, but it seemed like it was not ready to just let them go.

"The bear demon beast left his territory after following us to here. Maybe its aura disturbed the other three demon beasts, taking it like provocation" steward xie mind spun rapidly as he tried to think about a solution " but if they are really drawn by the bear demon beast, then why are the other two aura locked on us as well..."

"Furthermore, we made sure to avoid all the territories of general demon beasts on our way. We should not have provoked them in any way if we did not intrude in their territories. However...."

Steward xie narrowed his eyes as he sensed more deeply at the demonic aura

" they are definitely targeting us right now. They are even willing to leave their territories in other to chade after us"

Steward xie back felt cold suddenly. With his strength, he was barely able to deal with one of these demon beasts if he went all out. Their strength is nothing to joke about considering that steward xie was already stronger when compared to cultivators of similar cultivation stage.

With two of these demon beasts he would still be able to hold them long enough but surely die if he want to give the young Lord a chance for escape as he would have to face them head on to stall them. Maybe he could have a chance to flee after a hard and tragic fight if he wanted to survive. However if he were to fight against three of them at the same time, then he would definitely die and the young lord would have only a small chance. But that little chance was already enough for steward Xie.

Steward xie took a deep breath, then sighed. It seemed that the will of the heaven itself really wanted the young lord to die here. However he was unwilling. How could he just let that happen. The young lord was their hope, they have sacrificed too much this day.

Steward xie hand balled tightly into a fist, cracking sounds could be heard. The nails buried themselves inside his palm but his face remained calm.

It is not over yet! He will fight. To his last breath. As long as there is a single chance, he would fight for the young lord.

Right at this time, steward xie body shook suddenly as a thought flashed through his mind. Steward xie head whipped fiercely and glanced toward the young lord at his side. His eyes shined brightly.

So that's it!

That was the reason for theirs courant situation. Steward xie's heart beat fast as he stared at the young lord with blazing eyes, who at the moment was trembling in fright. The young Lord's complexion was completely white as paper, sweats were raining down from his forehead like socked with cold water.

The young lord could barely stand by himself with his legs trembling continuously. The three terrifying auras did not only lock on steward xie but locked on him as well. The terrifying auras were weighing down on him like mountains. He could feel the sensation of death rising in his head, while his mind was ringing like an heavenly clock was continuously banging in his ears.

Every passing breath, the young lord heavy breathing shortened, his heartbeat accelerated. He could barely manage to keep himself awake as the focus on his eyes were flickering. He struggled not to faint due to the huge pressure. However despite all his chaotic state, his right hand still tightly grasped at the spirit fruit like it was even more important than his own life.

While trembling, the young lord's eyes would sometimes blaze with determination as he looked at the spirit fruit in his hand. It seemed to filling him with infinite strength.

However right at that time, steward xie was also staring at that fruit spirit fruit intently. His eyes glittering as he came into realisation.

The only reason a general demon beast would leave its own territory would be for treasures. Treasures that could help it get stronger.

The spirit quenching fruit was so precious that even the bear demon beast was not willing to eat it but wait instead for a long time for it to mature while guarding it. It would be very precious for any of these three demon beasts as resources for demon beasts are scares in the wailling mist forest.

For the young lord to have the spirit fruit with him already made him a target and an enemy in the eyes of these three monsters. Especially the bear demon beast, which's fury could already burn the heaven.

"The other two demon beasts must have smelled the spirit fruit from distance. It is also not impossible for them to have detected the disturbances we caused inside the forest."

Thinking about it, steward xie believed his thoughts to be more likely true and became excited. Demon beasts have better senses than human. They could smell things from hundred or even thousands of meters. Furthermore, spirit fruits are different than normal fruits. their presences and smells are more fragrant.

"Young lord" Stewart xie took a step forward, startling the scared young Lord in the process "Young lord, please give me the spirit fruit. The three demon beasts are coming for it. They would leave us alone once we get rid of it" steward xie said anxiously while leaning forward and extending his hand.

The young Lord suddenly froze in place after hearing these words, looking at steward xie in daze for a while as if his mind came to a sudden stop. The next moment, his face turned dark, backed off a few steps. His expression turned ugly as he look at steward xie in alert. He shoved the spirit fruit inside his clothes, His body started trembling even more.

"Young Lord" steward xie took an other step forward. Anxious as he reach toward the young lord with his hand.

"Without the spirit fruit, the demon beast will not follow us. We can still be able to make it out of this place in time"

Steward xie urged the young lord. His calming mood now was starting waver again. They were completely lost a moment ago but with this, they could still have a little chance. How could he not be anxious. However to his bitter luck, the young lord actually did not give the fruit but instead retreated.

The young Lord's eyes were bloodshot, staring wide like trying to see in the dark. His face twisted with different expressions as he struggled inside. This fruit belong to his xian'er, how could he just give it away like that. He suffered so much and sacrificed so many just to take this fruit and now these damn demons came out of no where and wanted to take it away from him? How could that be so simple.

The three Demonic aura wete closing in on them, the deep sense of crisis that made all the hairs on his body stand up vertically. His spine shuddered, making him realize that he would have a bitter end if he did not do anything soon enough.

Steward xie gaped with his mouth opened wide as he looked at the young lord. He almost had the impulse to swear and even spunk the damn bastard at this moment. Yes, a bastard. How could you be in this kind of situation and refuse the only solution presented to you.

"Young lord" steward xie whispered under his breath, before spooking out of his daze and shouted louder "young lord!"

The young Lord jumped in fright. His faced turned into various colors in span of a few breaths as he struggled in his heart.

He need to bring the spirit fruit back for xian'er. She will definitely praise him, smile at him, maybe and just maybe fall in love with him. But if he did not give the fruit to steward xie, they would likely died here and everyone sacrifices would be for nothing.

The young lord mind rotated fast, while struggling deep inside his heart. His mood fluctuating chaotically that a strange undetectable and mysterious aura seemed to suddenly seep out of his body. Shaking uncontrollably, his heart was pounding like the trampling of titans.

A whips of white stream even seemed to gush out of his ear and nose as his brain overheated. Even the anxious steward xie could not help but pause for a second looking at the young lord with gaping mouth. But his reaction was fast, gritting his teeth, steward xie hand moved like a blur and snatched toward the fruit but shockingly, the young lord moved back and protected the fruit with his red eyes before screaming loudly.

He actually dodged steward Xie's hand

"NOoo!!" the young lord opened his mouth, raised his head before throwing it back and roared. Using all the strength in his body like venting his inner struggle.

The young lord squatted on the ground, hugging his knee while swinging like a little kid with mental problems. He hid the spirit fruit safely under his bosom, not allowing steward xie to touch it.

Once again, steward xie stood in daze without anything to do. His eyes were staring at the young lord but at the same time seemed to looked at figure that only himself can see at this moment.

How scary.

A small boy of first level of veins opening just evaded his movement. Sometimes he really forget how scary his young lord can be. For a second there he was ready to just knock him out and get rid of that fruit by force. That would solve the problems directly.

But can he really knock him out?

When steward xie thought of this, his heart skipped a beat. That was close.

The leader of assassins was already at the peak of middle shedding stage, while steward xie is only at the early shedding stage. The leader of assassin could even fight against late shedding stage experts. As such, he should normally be stronger than steward xie. If not, steward xie would have just fought him from the beginning instead of letting himself be chased around.

The leader of assassins ambushed the young lord and used all his strength in a single attack to cut down the young with his sword head on. That is an attack that could slash down a small hill or cut a hole on a mountain. Yet the young lord survived with only a serious wound and was even very energetic at that moment.

How could he knock him out, while also knowing that with the young lord mental, once he tried and fail, the young lord would even turn against him. Once that happens, everything will really be over.

Steward xie has never felt this powerless in his entire life. A bitter smile appeared on his lips. He sighed as he looked toward the sky.

"Lord. How can you leave me so much trouble. Huh" steward xie shook his head gently. But the gentle smile was still hanging on his lips. At that moment, he could feel the three demon beasts getting closer. Soon they will catch up. Convincing the young lord now was out of question.

It really is very difficult to take away something from the young lord once again . He would never allow anyone to take away what is his so easily. It has always been that way.

Steward xie took a deep breath and looked down at the young lord. His eyes soft" don't worry young lord, no one would take the fruit away from you."

"As long as I live, I will make sure that you reach the clan not matter what" a sharp light flashed though his eyes. He turned to look again toward the direction in the back. From there he could feel the aura of the bear demon beast that he recognized and probably the first to soon make it to them. Just a few breath they will appear in front of him.

Steward xie gaze then landed on the figure of three assassins keeping theirs distances a few dozen of meter from them. They have maintained their distance with them. Steward xie's eyes suddenly flashed with cold light which made the three assassins body shudder unconsciously. The three assassins instinctively jumped back and retreated a few step as they look at steward xie in alert.

"Young lord" steward xie said faintly. His eyes not moving away from the three assassins" please stay here for a moment. I need to take out the trashs first before things get more complicated."

The young lord raised his head to look at steward xie in confusion. His eyes were red and bloodshot. On the side, one can see a trace of tear sliding down his cheek. The struggle in his mind turned his heart chaotic as his mood shift upside down. Countless emotions surged inside of him that he could not control.

When the young Lord lifted his head What met his eyes was the straight and Strong back of steward xie as he stand majestically in front of him like giant wall. From his position, the young lord could barely make out Steward xie's determined and resolute face. But when his voice reached his ears, there were filled with warmth and gentleness.

Right at that same moment, a heart busting pain suddenly pierced his head without warning. The throbbing pain stabbed his mind like countless knife were stubbed him at the same time. The pain came like a tiding wave. The young lord mind went blank for a brief moment and when he come to himself, the pain also disappeared. 

1