Chapter 8: Fierce Steward Xie
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Short of breath, the young lord greedily sucked in huge mouthful of air as he grasped for breath, his heart thumping faster and faster and his mind in chaos. At that moment, his head felt like weighing tones. The pain just came so sudden that it felt like an illusion. However he knew that it was real.

The young lord shook his head in order to shake off the strange heavy feeling. A deep deep fear had alreafy rooted inside his heart at that moment as he could not seem to understand what was happening. When he tried to calm down and focus his sense, the first thing that welcomed him was the three tyrannical and vicious killing intents that was slowly driving him crazy, locking on his body.

The young lord felt like a small and weak cornered beast without any escape. He could not even muster the strength amd will to resist as the overwhelming aura was already strong enough to make him faint. His only hope was the tall back that stood straight like a spear, protecting him like a unbreakable wall.

Steward xie glanced at the young lord lightly before shifting back his gaze toward the three assassins standing back in the distance. His eyes narrowed into a slit as a cold light flashed though his eyes like lighting.

The three assassins raised their guard as they looked at steward xie in alert. As soon as they felt the three tyrannical killing intents rushing toward this direction, they were in no hurry to attack anymore. Especially when they felt the demonic aura mainly locking on steward xie and the young Lord.

They were not confident in their strength to deal with steward xie even in three against one. Furthermore, since their mission was to kill the young lord, the process did not matter as long as the target was dead. Therefore leaving the three demon beasts taking care of steward Xie and the young Lord would be even better. The they could even ambush them at critical time.

Steward xie took a deep breath. With a single glance he could guess the three assassins intentions. The speed of the demon beasts are fast and only within a few breaths of time, they would surely appear in front of them. But before that...

A surge of spiritual qi suddenly erupted from steward xie's body. The air around him bursted and violently swirled around his body. Steward xie concentrated and a wisp of spiritual qi coagulated and covered his would body like an armor. His aura turned sharp and rose up to the limit.

The three assassins were taken aback and surprised by the sudden development, and before they could react, steward xie' s right foot fiercely stamped on the ground. The earth cracked and shattered under his feet and with a explosive momentum, steward xie body turned into a blur and shot forward with incredible speed.

In an instant, steward xie already reduced the distance between the two side and only a dozen of meter from the the three assassins. His eyes were cold and focused as lightening seem to flashes inside.

By the time the three assassins reacted, steward xie was even closer to them. As if reading each other mind, the three assassins bodies flickered as they scattered in three different directions without a single word. Their movements were swift, coordinated and fast. However steward xie was even faster.

With a wave of his hand, a sharp gleaming sword appeared on steward xie's right hand. As soon the sword appeared, a strong wave of sword intent exploded in the sky. A surge of killing intent locked toward the three assassins simultaneous, causing all the hairs in theirs bodies to raise vertically.

With rapid movements, steward xie took an other step forward. The sword in his hand flashed as he slashed in front of him leaving a white mark in the empty air. Suddenly, the air stilled and the noises in the world seemed to disappear as if the sword cut down all the sounds, while steward xie maintained his slashing stance.

After the silence, the air started to howl fiercely. The wind blew from every directions as Countless sharp blade of wind suddenly formed around steward before shooting toward the three assassins.

The three assassins shot backward rapidly as their body disappeared and reappeared constantly, while dodging the rain of wind blades slashing toward them.

The wind blades slammed on the ground, easily cutting various trees and plants. Some of the rocks in the area shattered to pieces.

A cold gleam appeared in Steward xie eyes. He stored away his sword before raising both his hands in front of him. His fingers danced in an incarnation gestures leaving a streak of blur behind, while at the same time whispering an incantation test causing the spiritual qi in the air to seethe and rush toward him from every directions.

Afterward, xie pointed one finger toward one of the assassins who at that moment had leaped in the empty air in order to evade the last of wind blades. Seeing this, the body of the assassin shuddered as a deep sense of crisis covered his body.

"The way of restriction n°13. East wind lock."Steward xie shouted coldly.

A gust of wind blew around the assassin, the spiritual qi around him condensed into six yellow masses of energies surrounding him from the all sides. Without enough time to prepare, the assassin groaned and a whips of spiritual qi also covered his body like an armor before spinning himself in the air to avoid the six masses of energies shooting toward him with incredible speed.

As the assassin tried to dodge, the yellow masses of energies moved faster as three of them managed to land on the waist of the assassin in circle, locking him in place while the other three each landed on both his hands and neck.

Without waiting to see the result of his attacks, steward xie already moved toward an other assassin, his body piercing through the air as he moved with incredible speed. His eyes were cold.

At that moment, the other two assassin already ladef on the ground after dodging the first attacks and also activated their qi armors as they shot in the distance trying to escape.

However before they could even take three steps, Steward xie waved his hand again csusing the sword to reappear in his hand. His body disappeared and suddenly reappeared right in front of one of the assassins like a ghost.

A deep sense of danger covered the assassin as a chill run through his spine. The spiritual qi inside his body exploded, his qi armor thickened While his body retreated without a second thought. At the same time, the assassin instinctively cut his sword toward steward xie who also slashed forward at the same time.

Steward xie movements were just too fast as the sword descended with blinding speed and collided against the assassin's sword with a clinging sound. But as the two sword touched each other, Stewart xie's sword easily sliced the assassin's sword in two instantly before landing squarely on his chest.

The assassin's qi armor on the the chest shattered instantly as blood sprayed in the air. However the assassin still managed to avoid fatal wound as he shot backward. At the same time, a strange red mist suddenly appeared around his body causing his speed to shot up a level, distancing himself from steward xie instantly.

Steward xie's eyes flashed as he looked at the assassin's body wrapped inside the red mist. The body of of the assassin moved fast before reappearing far in the distance.

Once the assassin reappeared, his whole body felt weak and was covered in sweats as he panted heavily. At the same time, blood flowed from behind his mask. With a single glance one could already tell that the technique used up a lot of his spiritual qi but the assassin did not wait for a moment and activated the technique once again. The red mist started wrapping around his body again, and sped faster in the distance trying to disappear inside the forest.

Seeing this, steward Stewart xie snorted coldly as a dangerous gleam shot forth from his eyes. His heart cold as boundless killing intent rushed out of his body. He could not expect less from a group of assassin daring to kill a young lord from the xie clan. That red mist technique was a life saving technique that could be used with the cost of self injury. However in return, one acquires incredible speed and could flee from danger at critical time. There was no need for finger gesture or incantation word to use it. Hence fast and direct.

From the corner of his eyes, steward xie could see the last assassin stopped after escaping a few dozen meters away before starting performing incantation gesture as he wave his fingers. The assassin whispered the formula test under his mask causing the spiritual energy in the air to become restless.

"You think you are the only one with special techniques?"

With a sneer, steward xie directly ignored the assassin in the back and took a step forward, his body flashed as he appeared tens of meters away from his original position in a blink of eye, reducing the distance between the assassin wrapped in red mist and him the same time.

With a wave, the sword disappeared from steward xie hand once again, he raised both his hands in front of him, his ten fingers interlocked into incantation gesture while whispering a formula simultaneously.

"The way of restriction n°16, earthen call" steward xie cold voice rang out in the air as he pointed his finger towards the assassin. As soon as his voice sounded, the ground shook under the assassin's feet. The earth cracked as a strange puling force suddenly surged from the ground. The assassin only felt his body suddenly heavy as if weighing a thousand time more. His feet felt so heavy that he could not control his body anymore.

Boom...

The assassin's body shot down like a meteor and heavily crashed on the ground with a huge bang. His two feet directly shattered the ground and buried themselves inside. Unable to keep himself standing, the assassin fell on his knee and support his body with his hands. His body tensed and cracking like pressed by a heavy mountain. His black clothes teared to pieces while line of crack started to form on his silver mask.

The earth trembled more under his feet while at the same time, earth energy condensed, wrapped itself around his feet before a big tree suddenly started growing out from the ground. The huge tree grew while fusing with the man at the same time as it burry him inside.

The assassin groaned deeply, rotating all the spiritual qi inside his opened meridians. The spiritual qi circulated at rapid speed inside the, expanding the meridian to the limit as he tried to resist, mobilizing all the strength he could muster. However the energy from the earth are boundless, how could he resist the power of mother earth.

Accompanied by the groaning of the assassin, the tree forcefully squeezed the assassin and grew larger and larger to raise up to fifty meters long as it completely buried him deep within. When that happened, the last assassin already finished his formula test with his incantation, before pointing toward steward xie. roaring with a hoarse voice.

" the way of destruction n° 7. Nine dragon fury " the assassin shouted coldly.

Suddenly, The air around fifteen meters from the assassin shifted as nine huge fire ball suddenly formed around his body before shooting into the sky like nine dragons. The nine streak of fire fused together to form a twenty five meters long fire dragon that dived down towards steward xie.

The air turned hot instantly. Everything around ten meters from the fire dragon burned down to dust. One could hear the imposing sound of a roaring dragon that defy the will of the heaven.

Boommmm

The huge dragon slammed against Stewart xie with heaven shaking power. The ground broke apart as the flame burned everything in sight. The wind howled as a huge storm suddenly formed, sweeping everything like pulling grass. The sky tuned red due to the heat while the fire burned everything.

At that moment, if one were to look from the sky, one could see a giant tree of around fifty meters long standing majestically on the ground. And just a few meters from it, one could see a huge column of fire that was shooting toward the sky. 

2