Chapter 9: Three sides threats
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground shook like the earth was splitting apart. A sea of fire spread around the surrounding area. Huge rumbling sounds resounded in the air, refusing to died down as fire burnt fiercely. The rumbling intensified with the howling of the wind blowing.

The last assassin body felt weak after the attack. He panted heavily with rough breath behind his mask as cold sweat formed on his back. However his gaze did not move away from the fire for a second as he stayed alert even after the success of the attack. Cautiously staring in front of him.

Soon, his caution was proved right as a hand casually waved from within the raging fire like waving a small annoying pest. The strong fire was actually split apart as steward xie cold and calm eyes appeared within the fire like a demon. A red light flashed inside the eyes, filled with boundless killing intent.

With a fierce stamp of his right foot on the ground, steward xie's body shot forth like an arrow leaving the bow, his whole body almost leaning horizontally as he pierced the air. In a blink of an eye and only with a mere single step, steward xie already reduced a third quarter of the distance between the two side.

The heart of the last assassin felt cold as his body shivered in fear. He already knew that Steward xie was strong but this was just ridiculous. Even for a joke, it was just too much. How can someone take that attack and just wave it off like that. He did not seem to be injured anywhere and his armor qi did not even seem to have any damage. Not to mention his speed, he couldn't even follow him properly with his eyes.

With the second step of steward xie, the distance between them halved instantly causing the last assassin who was about to escape again pause as his heart banged against his chest. That speed made him change his mind as he was sure that even with the secret technique, he could still not escape. When Steward xie took an other step forward, he was already a few meters from the assassin.

At this time, his hands were already waving into incantation gesture, a whisper of words was escaping his mouth as he chanted the formula. His eyes flashing with dangerous light, making the air around to cool down.

The last assassin heart clinched and readily stopped the incantation gesture he was forming. With steward xie speed, he would not make it in time to activate an other attack. He did not even think for moment as soon as he saw steward xie action. Instead of fleeing, the last assassin actually shot towards steward with his sword. His spiritual qi erupted as he infused his qi inside the sword preparing a physical attack instead.

Attack from incantation formula and physical attack are different from each others. One require not only spiritual qi but also a strong affinity with heaven and earth. The cultivator will have to recite the formula and wave incantation gestures while at the same time connecting with heaven and earth to activate an attack. All this take time and a lot of concentration but the final result would be a strong and powerful attack.

On the other hand, a physical attack did not require many preparation but only using your own spiritual qi to directly attack. Depending on one cultivation, one attack could be fiercer. Hence when the last assassin sew steward xie perform incantation gesture, he shot forward with his sword without hesitation preparing for a physical attack.

However just after a few steps, steward xie's mouth curved into a cold sneer as his cold eyes gleamed. Steward xie stopped abruptly, stopped the incantation gesture as he pointed two finger down on the ground in the assassin's direction, before suddenly flipping them up toward the sky.

The next moment, the ground under the assassin cracked as a light suddenly shot out from the hole, directly piercing the assassin's chest before he could react. His armor qi shattered and was easily pierced through without giving much of resistance. The assassin came to stop, coughing a mouthful of blood behind his mask as he look down at the bloody hole on his chest.

The assassin coughed an other mouthful of blood. He turned his head only to see a sharp sword hovering in the air without support. That sword just stabbed and pierced through him with lighting speed from the ground, and now he already knew that he was tricked by steward xie a moment ago. The assassin lifeless body fell on the ground with a dull sound.

The sword slowly hovered in the air before floating toward steward xie. Steward xie reached out and the sword gently fell on his hand as he tightly gripped the hilt. His complexion calm but his heart could not help but feel restless.

The three demonic auras were getting closer and they could appear at any moment now. Even for him, he could feel a heavy pressure at the moment. Steward xie took a deep breath as his grip tightened on the sword. A chilly aura suddenly flowed from his body as he looked toward one direction, coldly staring at the giant tree suppressing the second assassin.

Steward xie body flickered, disappearing from his position before already appearing in the distance, then disappeared again. In a blink, steward xie appeared in front of the giant tree, his sword sliced fiercely as he cut down the tree in piece with a single slash.

Without pausing, Steward xie body moved again and after a few flickering, his body appeared in front of the first assassin, locked by six yellow energy in the air.

The sword slashed down and blood sprayed in the air like river as the first assassin head flew in the air. Being the first to be suppressed, from the beginning to the end, the first assassin witnessed the whole process of fight. He did not said a single word even as his camarades died one by one and only watched as all this happened in a blink.

After the last killing, Steward xie moved again without a pause and with a few step returned back to the young lord side. Standing protectively in front of him. His eyes focused as the spirit qi inside his body were channeled to the limit. His sword hummed as if it could feel its master's fighting spirit.

"Young Lord, be carefully. They are here" steward xie's hoarse voice rang out into the young lord ear.

The young lord's body shuddered after hearing these words. His heart slammed against his chest, his eyes wide like he still could not believe that everything happening is real. His mind shaking as he could not think properly anymore. The chill covered his whole body felt like inside an iceberg.

Without even realizing it, tear started sliding down the young lord's blank face. Even snot started running down his nose. He did not even seem to understand steward xie words. But that was not for long as at this moment...

BOOM.....BOOM..... BOOM......

Three huge rumbling sound echoed in the sky simultaneously. The cloud in the sky darkened as three heaven shaking demonic aura spread toward every direction. The wind stirred in the air as black demon qi enveloped the surrounding.

From three different directions, three fierce figures appeared in front of their eyes. Each emanating overbearing pressure and killing intent that sent chill into one's spine. Steward xie's face couldn't help but change for a moment. His spiritual qi also exploded with a strong burst, crashing against the three demon pressures to resist.

Bang, bang bang..

From the back, the bear demon beast appeared as it strode with big steps. Its red demonic eyes filled with madness and cruelty as it fixed its gaze at the young lord. As it did, the bear demon beast was growling menacingly. Its appearance looked fierce and brutal. Its whole body covered with thick furs that looked even stronger than steel.

Its claws looked sharp as it glitter in the the light of the sun. Its bloodthirsty eyes viciously staring at the young lord with hate and anger that kept rising every second.

The Bear demon beast opened his mouth, showing his fierce long teeth sharper than sword and let out a roar that resounded toward the heaven. Blowing a huge gust of wind toward the young lord while crushing everything to piece on his way.

On the side, an other huge and scary demonic figure appeared in sight. The figure seemed to blend with the shadow of the trees as the light of its vicious eyes beamed. The figure rapidly moved with its four legs while letting a low but deep growl that caused the ground to vibrate slightly. Its steps seemed to be slow slow and gentle without causing the slightest sound but surprisingly, its speed was so fast that one can't see his movement.

Its tyrannical and terrifying aura was not any less stronger than the bear demon beast, it looked even more sinister and unpredictable. Its eyes flashed with cold gleam that seemed to have intelligence.

The demon figure slowly revealed itself in the eyes of steward Xie. It was actually a panther demon beast. Its whole body black. However when you look at it for a long time, the black color seemed to change into red as if its body was dripping with blood.

The panther's demon beast long claws gently tap on the ground as it nimbly circled around slowly, his gaze fixed at the young lord like watching a prey.

Finally, in the front direction which lead to the exit of the forest, the last demon beast also showed itself. It was a huge land crocodile demon beast. Its body was huge and strong like a dinosaur. Completely covered with green scale and spike that pontuared toward the sky. His eyes were brutal, filled with viciousness while drooling as if fasted for year. The moment it saw the fruit in the young lord's hands, the land crocodile demon beast let out an other loud roar. At the same time, the terrifying demon aura exploding forth from its body like a tidal wave, causing the world to shake.

Like a provocation, the other two demon beasts also roared back as they glared at each other. As if trying to show off their prestige. Demonic qi covered the whole area, drawing countless small and weak demon beasts and wild beast to this place. Yet none of the beasts attracted dared to get too much close from them as they stood in the distance. The demon blood inside them boiled, causing them to growl weakly as the three general demon beast released their overwhelming aura. 

0