Chapter 10: Don’t look back
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wold seemed to come to an end. The ground shook, the wind howled like the sound of countless wolf roaring in the dark night of the full moon. Demon qi surged in the air while three differents fierce roar resounded towards every directions.

The three demon beasts gazed at each others fiercely. From the bear demon beast, one could feel a heaven shaking anger and killing intent. It seemed ready to destroy the world, while from the crocodile demon beast, there was more madness and insanity that ignored everything. It seemed to ignore every rule and principle and satisfy the slightest of its desire.

As for the panther demon beast, except for his terrifying aura and vicious eyes, it did not show much of its intention. It could be easily ignored were it not for its domineering presence. But compared to the other two demon beast, steward xie felt more danger from it causing steward xie's eyes to focus more on him.

Steward xie had the feeling that if he were to avert his gaze from the panther demon beast for a moment, he will be in a terrible danger. Fortunately, the three demon beasts were glaring at each other as if ready to tear the other at any moment.

The three demon beasts growled and roared at each other as if communicating with one and an other. However each seemed more to impose their own dominance against the remaining two.

Using this chance, steward xie mind rotated fast as he tried to think of every possibilities to get off the dangerous situation. But no matter what, there seem to be no other way than either fighting head on or abandoning the spirit fruit. It was even unlikely that the three demon beasts would just let them go even if they were to give up the spirit fruit at thay moment as the three demon beasts were surrounded them from three directions.

At this time, steward xie expression darkened. His face paled as the worse case he could have thought of actually happened. The three demon beasts averted their eyes from each other and looked toward them simultaneously. It seemed as if the three demon beasts came to an agreement and werr now aiming at the the young Lord and him at the same time.

Three heavy aura suddenly crushed toward them with overbearing pressure, causing steward xie countenance to turn grim and serious. But at this moment, steward xie felt a trembling hand on his sleeve.

As he glanced at the side, steward xie saw the young lord looking at him with despaired eyes. Tears kept streaming down as he tremble in fear and panic. This time, the three heavy aura fell on him making him feel like death was right in front of him. His chest felt heavy and barely could suck in a breath of air from his mouth and nose causing him to make long drawing sound.

His leg felt so weak that he could not stand on his own, leaning on steward xie for support. His heart pounding fiercely as if ready to burst. It took almost every strength in his body to stay awake. And as the three demon aura got stronger, the young lord face twisted in pain as cracking sound echoed from his body.

Puff...

The young lord spewed a mouthful of blood. His frail body swayed for a moment. His eyes red and bulging as the veins throbbed through his neck and forehead. His face turned pale like the blood drained from his body.

"Un..cle.....wanquan" the young lord begged with trembling voice, barely making out some word under his teeth.

The huge pressure made him unable to resist. With his first level of veins opening, any of those three demon beasts could easily crash him into meaty pulp with a single wave. Were it not for steward xie aura protecting him inside while colliding against the demonic aura, he would have been long dead.

Steward xie looked at the young lord anxiously yet could not do anything more. He did his best to protect the young lord from the three demon pressure with his own aura yet the young lord still bear a heavy pressure. Form the look of it, the young lord would not last long if this continued.

Steward xie took in a deep breath, controlled his emotions as he tried to calm down. A bitter feeling sudden spread inside his heart. They could avoid this situation yet his hand are tied. The young lord mind seemed to be fragile at this moment after everything that happened. A single spike could easily trigger him.

"Young lord." Steward xie called out gently to the young lord. But the latter trembled as if startled by the rumbling of thunder. His body was shaking continuously while looking at steward xie.

"I will try to open the road for you. There will only be one chance so please do not miss it. When that happened, return to the clan immediately. Do not wait for me or look back not matter what. Head back to the clan and contact Mr Hao. Tell him everything. He knows what to do and he would protect you."

The young lord looked at steward xie in confusion. But just at this moment, steward xie hand extended and grabbed the young lord on the shoulder. Steward xie took a step forward and shot toward the exit, dragging the young lord with him. His movement fast and did not seem to be affected by the young lord weight.

At the front standing between the exit and Steward xie was the crocodile demon beast, which roared in anger as if enraged to see steward xie choosing to attack him first instead of the other two. It felt humiliated and underestimated which caused its bloodthirsty aura, filled with killing intent and insanity to skyrocket into the sky. The crocodile demon beast charge forth with speed actually comparable to steward xie.

Like a signal, the other two demon beasts also charged at the same time. The crouching panther beast's sharp claws stabbed at the ground, leaning its body backward like an arrow before shooting through the air. Its movement incredibly fast and swift as it cut through the air, leaving a blur behind. Its speed actually faster than steward xie.

As for the the bear demon beast, with its huge body, it strode forward while crashing and breaking the ground with each step it took. Accompanied by the sounds of rumbling like thunder. Heaven and earth seem to collapse as the three aura slammed toward steward xie and the young lord.

As the crocodile demon Beast neared steward xie, it roar fiercely. The long scaly tail extended and viciously slammed toward them, bringing a fierce wind with it as if wanting to slash them into two part. Steward xie slanted to the side barely dodging the attack by the hair, causing the young lord face to turn pale.

The numerous trees and rocks in the surrounding were easily crashed before even the tail could touch them. The ground trembled and cracked as a huge crevice appeared.

Steward xie did not pause for a moment, he shot past the crocodile demon beast, circulated the spiritual qi inside his body rapidly through his meridians, causing his them to expand to the limit before fiercely throwing the young lord far in the distance toward the direction of the exit.

The young lord expression changed as his eyes widened in panic. Before he could realizes what was happening, his body shot like a meteor, piercing through the air. His face twisted from the air resistance as he flew up in the sky while howling his throat out.

Without the ability to control his body, the young lord eyes bulged as he watch tree after tree pass his vision in a blur, hopping to avoid meeting one head on. But unfortunately, the young lord was out of luck as he crushed through a tree head first, followed by an other one. The young Lord crashed against many more trees before heavily slamming on the ground like a meteor, causing a humain shape hole to appear on the ground.

The young lord groaned in pain and anger as his body hit the ground. Blood sprayed out from his mouth. His body felt like scalped and could hear the sound of bones cracking. His already bloodshot eyes turned even more red. With an explosive shout, the young lord forcefully picked himself out of the hole. He looked looked at his left and right like an enraged beast seeking for blood.

Scanning for that damn steward Xie's figure, the young lord panted while scolding inwardly. He dared to throw him in the air like that. Does he want to kill him or something. When he thought about the pain he just felt. His face was covered with dirt and dust, his hair unbind and messy while his clothes filled with countless holes. The tendon on his forehead throbbed as his face twisted in anger.

He did not forget to first check the spirit fruit on him, safely hid it under his clothes before trying to turn his body around to look for steward xie dispute the pain.

But before he could finish his sluggish movement, steward xie roaring voice echoed from his back, startling the young lord.

"Young lord. I will hold them here. Remember what I say. Go!" The voice echoed through the air. When the young lord heard it, his body trembled. His anger immediately died down as he seemed to remember his present situation.

Resisting the urge to look back, his heart pounding on his chest. Biting his lisp, the young lord dragged his body and dashed toward the exit.

Boom Boom Boom

On the back, steward xie clashed with the three demon beasts head on as he prevented them from chasing the young lord. His spiritual qi roiled like wave colliding with the boundless demon qi.

The three demon roared in anger as they saw the young lord disappear between the dense trees of the forest, using even more power as the attacked steward xie without giving him time to breath.

Boom

Using his speed, steward xie could barely keep up with three demons beast as he roared fiercely. The bear demon beast fiercely slammed his sharp clawed paw against Steward chest, sending him fly up side down in the sky.

Steward xie spewed a mouthful of blood. He felt a crack on his chest as the heavy hit felt as if hit by a truck. The armor qi on his chest crashed, unable to resist.

While steward Xie was in the air, the panther demon beast flashed as it moved with incredible speed. Leaving a series of afterimage behind it. The panther demon beast appeared in front of steward xie in a blink, opened his mouth wildly filled with razor teeth and bitted down toward steward xie head.

A deep sense of crisis suddenly covered steward xie's body. Without wasting a single moment, steward xie twisted his body strangely and dodged to the side to avoid the panther demon beast's attack on the head. But the attack was to fast and still managed to land on steward xie's shoulder.

The panther demon beast bitted down fiercely before reaping steward xie left arm off. Steward xie groaned in pain, biting his lips as not to scream. Blood sprayed in the sky.

Before he could relax, a green scaled tail viciously whipped down from the sky, aiming for his head as it cut through the air. If this attack landed, steward xie's head would surely burst to piece.

Gritting his teeth, steward xie circulated his spiritual qi, infusing all his strength into the sword in his right hand and slashing towards the tail.

BOOM..

Steward xie was strike down by the powerful force. His body heavily crashed on the ground Turning the earth upside down. The trees in the forest were razed to the ground. A huge cloud of dust covered the air as a big hole of ten meters diameter appeared in the ground. 

1