Chapter 12: Loyalty
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sword pierced little two chest, slowly moving forward deep inside causing a large amount of blood to spurt out of his mouth. His face distorted uglily as pain seemed to fill his whole body. Light deemed inside his eyes as if he could died at any moment. Yet, little two gaze never wavered, but on the contrary stabbed through the leader, glaring straight at his eyes. His laughter rang even more wilder causing a chill down the leader's heart.

The leader's eyes glittered as killing intent shot out of his body. His expression somber as he look at little two. He have killed and assassinated countless people in his life, what he like more his the process, rather than the end result.

The struggle of his target, the fear and the madness they fell in as the try to find hope of survival. That make his heart feel alive and his blood boil. Especially when his target are these arrogant young lord that seem to have the world under their nose. The despair in their eyes when they realize they are going to die and that their identity have no way of saving them.

They would break down and beg, loosing their pride and arrogance. He would then gives them the feeling of having a chance of survival as he play with them to only shatter their hope in the end. Giving them real despair.

But there was none of it inside little two's clear eyes. That look was as if looking down on him. Like watching a dead man who did not even realise himself being already dead, causing the leader to feel irritated as killing intent filled his eyes. With a little push, he could pierce little two's heart. But at this time, his mind flashed as he gaze down at him. A faint smile appeared on his lips.

"I don't get it. Why would you give your life for a trash like that. With your talent, you would not lack for a place that would willingly accept you and have a high status. You could benefit of large amount of resources, get stronger and even breakthrough to the next realm. What make you all willing to waste your life for a trash like that." The leader spoke faintly, faking a little puzzlement on his face

"Its true he may have a strong background, but my nine star hall do not easily take on a request without enough data. If your young lord is really that important, he would not have been in this sorry situation. The xie clan had been hesitating to take any harsh action against him for a long time. But after those many years, their attitude towards him got worse to the point that they are even ready to kill him now. That could only means that his backing his loosing his power." The leader grinned darkly. He had always been thinking about it and with his experience, he could already see some light to the matter.

"You are going to die today. No body would remember you or your brothers sacrifices." A hint of pity appeared on the leader's face, as if feeling sorry for little two before gently glancing at the corps lying down on the ground.

"You all have chosen to follow the wrong master. Your loyalty is wasted. Such a pity"

Little two coughed a mouthful of blood. he trembled gently as weakness invaded his entire body. But a smile still hang on his lips as he look at the leader, not bothered by the leader's word."so it really was the nine stars hall. You really do have gut" little two spoke with difficulty. Speaking each word slowly as he breath hardly.

"What?" The leader brows locked into a frowns. A hint of surprise flashed through his eyes. By little two tone, he seem to know about the nine stars hall. That should have been a secret that only a number of people that could be easily counted with fingers be able to know.

But little two only grinned, causing blood to leak out from his mouth. His eyes stubbornly staring at the leader. "there are things better left untouched. you will definitely regret doing this. Nobody would be able to save you. Even your elder in the nine stars hall will not be able to avoid the disaster."

The leader turned silent as his face become even colder. His eyes scanning little two expression as of trying to see clues from his eyes and expression. But little two only gazed back at him with bloodshed eyes, filled with madness.

"You seem to know a lot of things. But you still speak of thing that surpass your understanding, and the fact stand that You still do not qualify to threaten my nine stars hall" the leader sneered. Obviously ignoring little two's word.

"Ahahaha.. Pfff..Ahahaha" little two laughed louder causing blood to splatter from his wounds, while spurting blood from his mouth. His face turned paler but he still continue to laugh loudly.

"What so funny"

"Funny, really funny. You really look too highly of yourself. We do not qualify to threaten you? Ridiculous...cough.. Clough" little two chored under his breath.

The leader eyes tuned colder as killing intent shone fiercely in his eyes. He pushed again the sword in his hand, moving it deeper inside his heart. He barely controlled himself to not stabbed through the heart and kill him just then. He seemed to have difficulty controlling his emotions when dealing with this particular man.

Little two spurted more blood, dying the ground red. His breathing becomes even more weak, using most of his strength just to keep breathing. But his eyes still sparked dispute lowering themselves.

"You really must have gone mad. Do you think my nine stars hall would be afraid of the like of you." The leader sneered coldly. His eyes gazing down with disdain at little two."you would be surprise to see what lie behind these kingdom you think to be so grand. You are just a frog in a well that believe to have seen the world. Laughable " the leader expression slowly calmed. His cold gaze flashed with disdain.

To think that his heart was almost swayed by country bumpkin like this. They are short sighed, oblivious of the real world and his greatness. While his nine stars hall will take care to not casually provoke anyone but they do not fear any one either. Their real power could not be compared to these small countries, much less major clans like xie clan and the others.

"A frog?..the greatness of the world?...pfff" little two coughed an other mouthful of blood. A mysterious smile appeared on his lips" what do you know of the real world. You know nothing"

The leader's body froze for a moment as his eyes narrowed into a slit. When little two spoke, he could feel a sense of confidence in his face. It seemed like he was the one who is ignorant, not the other way around. That feeling made his heart that was calming down to sped up once again as the uncomfortable feeling crept through him.

"Oh? So you believe yourself to know more than me about the world. Why don't you tell me more about it then. You can also use this chance to give your young lord time to escape. Isn't that your goal from the beginning? You can also gain yourself a few more breath of life" The leader grinned viciously as he leaned forward, locking his gaze with little two as if trying to pierce through his soul.

"You seem really relaxed. Wasting your time with me here."

"Oh? Isn't it what you wanted? Keeping me busy here with your life while your young lord escape. Or maybe are you worries about the demon beast that passed us by here not long ago."

Little two coughed an other mouthful of blood as his body get weaker by the second. His vision blurred. His mood wavered a little as his eyes flickered for a second. This change did not escape the leader eyes. His lips curled into a cruel smile.

"I was not worried about your Young Lord escaping in the first place. I was already sure to be able to catch up to them before. This outer ring of the forest is pretty big after all. And with a raged demon beast on their tail, I am more certain." The leader said coldly with a sinister smile on his lips. "You should have felt it too, right? There is more than one demon beast eying your young lord. They would gain me more than enough time."

"You will die here for nothing."

The leader glanced at little tow expression, waiting to see the despair in his eyes but little two only lowered his eyes for a while before raising them again, staring back at the leader with blazing eyes.Little two mouth arced into mocking smile.

"I have served the Lord my entire life. From the beginning, my life has always been his. i will unhesitatingly follow his command to my last breath. I have no regret dying here as I am only serving my purpose. And I would do it again a thousand time more without regret if I have to."

"For that trash of idiot? Are you stupid? He is the cause of all this. Were it not for his foolish action, none of you would have died. He brought you to your death and you are still loyal to him" the leader stared at little two, looking a him with with a hint of disdain. But little two only smile as his mouth curved into an arc.

"You do not know what I know. You have not seen what I have seen." Little two voice sounded lower, his breathing straining as he hold to life. But the gleam in his eyes sparked stronger." Someone like you could not understand it. You have no sense of loyalty "

The leader face suddenly turned icy as chill spread out of his body. Causing the air around him to turn cold. His eyes flashed with a hint of red light as a sharp killing intent emanated from his body. But he did not deny little two word, he also believed that if he was in little two's place he would have long ago left the young lord side. The way he see it, little two group are just fools who let their emotions led their actions.

The young Lord they are trying to kill is from one of the five bloodlines of the xie clan, more precisely, the fourth bloodline. Normally each bloodline have their own lord who act as the head of the bloodline and only answering to the clan leader. But the young lord's father, the lord of the fourth bloodline is already dead. Meaning that even after the lord died for so many years, their are still protecting the young Lord and even sacrificed their life for him. All this make the leader unable to understand.

"I believe in the young Lord. He would not died so east. One day, he will have this world under his feet."little two paused for a moment as he breathy became even more weak due to the all the blood loss. But his eyes were firm and determined as he lifted his head with difficulty to look at the leader." The son of the lord, would never be useless."

The was a strong sense of belief and confidence in his word that made the leader heart to skip a bit. Especially when he stare inside little two eyes that sparked like thousand of stars.

This made the leader feel uncomfortable as an irritated feeling spread out inside his heart. He snorted coldly, the sword in his hand pushed forward a little more causing little two spat out an other mouthful of blood. His face turned paler.

"Then you will die here for nothing. He will never escape from me. I will not let that happen no matter what. Even if I have to chase him to the end of the world, I will kill him and trust me I will make him die a horrible death. I will enjoy it" A sinister smile appeared on the leader face as lean closer to little two " you and your brother hard effort and sacrifice will go to waste and in the end no one would ever remember you all."

Little two smiled, the light on his eyes became even dimer. His body so weak that it turn out to be a huge task and also using all his remaining strength to barely breath. He can feel his life force fading slowly and he could do nothing about it.

Little two did not get angry from the leader word, but laughed instead. The weak laughter was barely audible, carrying no hint of strength but still made the leader face more dark.

"You can try. My young lord's life is not so cheap that he will die so easily" little two bared his teeth. His eyes red as bloods line cracked inside like bloody spiderwebs" but I promise you. One day, you will pay for this. You will pay for my brothers blood and sacrifice ten time more. No, a hundred. No no, a thousands time more."

Little two's weak voice echoed in the air. It seemed to take out the strength of his entire body to utter a single word. But as the words sounded out more, his voice become stronger and louder. Filled with a strong spiritual qi that caused the air around him to vibrate. The earth could not help but tremble gently, while a gust of wind spread out of his body toward every direction. His body suddenly trembled as he gushed out more blood. Veins bulged from his neck and forehead, giving him a vicious look as he actually pushed his body forward, causing the sword to pierce deeper into his chest.

The two men's face got more closer to each other as little two continued to push his body up toward the sword while staring at the leader eyes. There was madness, anger and unwillingness in his eyes, but if one looked deeper, one could see hope and determination. The more he pushed forward, the more the sword pierced deeper inside his chest right through his heart.

Blood continuously purred out of his mouth, his red eyes look more like a demon than the eyes of a human. Finally, the sword completely pierced through as it came out in the back. His face now also only a few inch away from the leader's face before stopping moving.

The leader looked at all this with a dazed expression. He watched as the man that was already out of strength and even with his life force draining out burst with so much vitality that his heart shook. He pushed his body forward, allowing the sword to stab through his heart while still keeping his gaze on him.

Without knowing, the leader leg stepped back. His body shuddered involuntarily as a sense of fear invaded his heart. As he looked at the face filled with a fierce expression on it, he can feel the madness and savage felling portrayed clearly on front of him, causing his heart to shudder. The red red eyes that looked like the eyes of a fierce demonic beast, while a smile still hang on his lips dispute his eyes turning dull.

He was already dead, but the presence from his lifeless eyes and imposing body that stood in front of him heaved on his mind like a mountain, causing his mind to rumble, his heart to tremble. The leader heart raced, as a hint of fear appeared in his heart. His back was unknowingly soaked with sweat at some point of time.

After a moment, the leader managed to snap out of his daze. His breathing was ragged and rough like coming out of water. At this moment, his eyes flashed with a dangerous light. He realise his actual situation as he was scared silly by the last spark and imposing manner of a dead man. His face flushed and his face turned red. The leader glanced at the side and sew the last of his subordinates actually looking at him at this moment. His shameful action was seen by his own subordinate, which caused his face to turn ugly.

A rumble sounded in the air, at this moment, an intimidating presence abruptly erupted from the leader body. His eyes glittered with piercing red light as killing intent radiated from his body causing the trees and grass around him to wither suddenly. 

1