Chapter 13: your are here
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air around the leader instantly turned colder. A gust of wind blew toward the surrounding with the leader as the center, crashing the trees in the area of ten meters radius. His face was extremely dark, staring at the bloody face in front of him that was staring back at him with madness and ridicule. There was no light of life within these eyes, the face was covered with blood and wounds that made him look horrible. However if one looked at him at that moment, one could feel a shocking pressure.

The smile still hung on little two's lips and the gaze which made the leader heart feel dreadful still remained on his eyes. When the leader look at that face, the feeling of fear in his heart already changed to anger that burned even stronger. The grip tightened on his sword that pierced through little two chest tightened.

A red glint flashed from the leader eyes. He moved his hand gently before drawing it back, pulling back the sword from little two chest. Before the body could fall on the ground, the leader hand swept forward with a swift movement. The sword flashed, blood flew in the air as little two headless body fell on the ground.

The leader stepped forward and crouched down to pick up little two severed head from the ground. As he lifted it in the air in front of him, the leader face only turned darker, as the expression on the severed head still remained the same. As if mocking his pointless act to the end, even in death.

The leader heart felt even more unconformable. He had slashed off the head in feat of rage after having the feeling of having been humiliated in front of his subordinate. What's more was that it was done by a dead man. The anger did not diminish in the slightest afterwards but increased further instead.

The leader remained silent for a moment. After calming himself, his brows locked into a frown as his face showed a hint of hesitation while struggling inside his heart. For a moment, he did not really know what he should do. With everything that happened, it would be hard for his heart not to be swayed. He could tell that the stupid young lord was not someone they could just kill and wash off their hand like nothing.

The young man probably had a huge backing that many did not know, and judging from the strength shown by the people protecting him and the treasures they used during the battle, the power behind them should not be something they could take lightly. Furthermore, the xie clan never dared to take any rash action against that young boy for many years already. That could only mean that the xie clan knew of the power backing that young Lord or maybe that power could even be backing the Xie clan itself considering their sudden rise in power.

The leader eyes flickered as his thoughts spun rapidly. His expression kept changing continuously as if e
Unable to come to a decision. But when his eyes turned to look at the severed head in his hand, then looked towards the direction the young was dragged by steward xie, his face slowly regained his calmness.

The leader took a deep breath and closed his eyes gently yet immediately opened them again. However when his eyes opened, a chilling light shot oit from his eyes. His face turned colder as a strong killing intent spread out from his body. The air around the body twisted as if could not tolerate the strong pressure.

Oddly, the last silver masked assassin at the side did not feel any trace of killing intent from the leader body even though he could feel his body tremble for some raison. A strong feeling of danger appeared inside his body, the hair on his body stood vertically. He glanced at the leader silently. The leader's killing intent contracted on his own body without allowing it to spreads out towards every directions. As an assassin, one should always be able to hide his own killing intent. Killing without leaking any murderous intent. It sound easy but very hard to accomplish.

"There are many secret on their bodies.
Search them and try to find anything you could find on them. Then head back directly to the base." The leader said unhurriedly, without turning to look at the silver masked assassin.

"Clean the place and do not leave any trace behind. Once you made it back, report everything that happened here to young master. From now on, I will act alone."

"Yes" the last masked assassin directly wrapped his fist around his palm as he bowed gently toward the leader. His voice cold as if without any emotion.

Before the last masked assassin voice could fall completely, the leader eyes flashed. His sword disappeared along with little two severed head with a wave of his hand. He lifted his right hand and bite down the tip of his thumb, causing blood to appears on top of it. After the blood appeared, the leader then rapidly traced a strange symbol on his left hand's palm with his blood on his finger before his both hands flash into incantation gesture with blinding speed. At the same time, he whispered the test formula.

The leader body suddenly trembled fiercely. A red mist appeared around him, covering the air around his body instantly. The leader continue waving signs with his hands and When he brought his two hand together as he clasped his palms, the red mist shook and rapidly shrank and charged into his body.

Slowly, the Leader skin turned red, a pained expression appeared on his face as if baring some unknown pain. When most of the red mist fused with the leader, his body seemed to turn into a mist body before charging in the direction steward xie and the young Lord left previously. His speed was so fast that his mist body instantly disappeared in the air without trace.

Standing at the same place, the last masked assassin eyes sparked behind the mask. That was a technique that could allow someone to travel at incredible speed. With this technique, one could escape from danger or run from great disaster. It was completely different from the one they use where they had to pay a great price but with lesser result.

After staring for a moment, the last masked assassin moved towardslittle two headless body on the ground ready to finish his mission.

................. .................. ................. ................

The young Lord panted as he run in the forest. Not daring to look behind him where continuous rumbling sounds reverberated in the sky. The ground kept shaking causing the young lord's heart to slam against his chest as his heart raced faster with every breath. His entire body was covered with intense pain, every gentle movement caused him to groan but he still to run, and faster.

The young Lord was still furious inside his heart. He still could not forgive that damn steward xie for daring to throw him like cabbage in the air. When he thought about the scare he had and also the inelegant posture he had shown when he twirled in the air, veins popped on his head.

He will definitely remember it. He would not let it slide so easily. That crush not only caused him to feel great pain but also opened the sword wound on his chest. Blood tricked down making his body feel weak, and the pain was just unbearable. When he thought about it, the young lord could not help but grit his teeth. At least, he managed to gain some distance away from the battle. All he had to do then was to run to the exit and find a way to return to the clan.

'All I have to do is to run back to the clan right now. But there is only trees around here. How do I find the way to leave this place. Damn steward xie, he forgot to direct me the way."

The young lord run faster with an anxious expression on his face as he scolded inside his heart. He wanted to leave this place as soon as possible and get out of all this danger. When he felt again the spirit fruit inside his clothes, his mood turned better but the urgency in his face become even stronger.

His eyes looked around him as if trying to find something, his steps never daring to pause for a moment. After some time, the young lord eyes brightened as a great joy bloomed inside his heart. He looked at his left where was a tall tree.

'I remember this tree when we came here. We passed through this way. It was big, tall and weird, with many branches on it. And it had a hint on the trunk. This it it. This should be the right way."

With joy, the young lord directly changed his direction heading toward the tree direction on his left.

'Just like this, I could head out of the forest. I can just find the trees I remember on the way when we came and I will be out in no time. I am really a genius'

The young lord praised himself inside his heart as he disappeared through the dense trees. Looking for the trees he could remember help him leave the forest.

At the same time behind the young Lord, the rumblings sounds still continued echoing in the air. With a bloody body, Steward xie faced the three terrifying demon beasts to gain some time for the young Lord.

His body may be covered in blood but a smile was on his lips. Seeing the young lord disappear from his eyes he could have a chance. Therefore, without holding back, steward xie roared and charged the demon beasts, locking them into a fierce battle. The surrounding area were completely destroyed, strong demonic aura and spiritual qi collided together. Crack appeared on the ground while the ripples spread out through the air towards every direction.

Being one against three, steward xie was continuously pushed back, and injured. Most of the bones on his body were cracked. His armor of qi was slowly scattering, blood stained his entire body. However each time he was slammed on the ground, steward xie would stand right back and charged back at the three demon beasts again. Causing some minor injuries to appears on their bodies as well.

The battle continued for a moment. After a while, a bang sounded as the two side separated. Steward xie was pushed back dozen of steps before stopping himself. His breathing was ragged and weak staring at the three demon beasts. His eyes red and blurred. The hand gripping the sword tightened in fear of dropping it on the ground as he could barely feel his fingers any more. His bloody body exhausted, trying to straighten his back yet could not.

The three demon beasts also glared at steward xie, their gaze filled with rage and viciousness. But sometimes, a hint of wariness will flash within them. This one human actually managed to hold up against the three of them in a one against three fight. While his condition was miserable but he still managed to persist to this moment.

While the two side stare at each other, the three demon beasts suddenly reacted as their gaze shifted toward a direction. A low growl escaped their mouths as their demonic aura erupted again. Their eyes flashed with alertness.

At the same time, a red light flashed as red mist appeared a distance from them. The red mist rolled in the air, then a form slowly appeared inside before turning into the leader's figures.

The leader scanned around him as he looked at the destruction in the surrounding . His dark expression worsened even more as he looked at the three demon beasts before looking at steward xie with a cold gaze.

At the same time, steward xie stared at the leader, his lips curled into a smile, allowing blood to slide down.

"you are finally here" 

1