Chapter 2 – trip to the origin
192 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hours have passed since the surprise that the Valirente couple had with the letter, and now the young couple with their daughter, in the company of the 2 captains Draus and Lier, were sitting around a large table in a room for meetings, to discuss the content of the letter.

"Well, let's start the meeting, although the truth is that practically what has to be done is already decided" Crystal began the conversion.

"A few hours ago, a letter of convocation from the King arrived from the capital, addressed to Yulio and me, and it goes without saying that we have to go," Katiuscria explained.

"Now, leaving aside for now, the preparations and the carriage, it would be deciding who goes with us and who stays to take care of the place, although I've already thought about that, I just want your opinion."

"Until now I had thought that in addition to Yulio, me and Katherine, it would be good to take Lier, ten of her men and Emily the nanny; ignoring Emily, Lier and his men would be useful, since it would be good to have, more than soldiers who only know how to fight, soldiers who are specialists in information and stealth, considering how turbulent and gloomy the capital is.

"And finally, Draus, who will be taking care of the territory, it is not complicated at all, just keep it safe as always, and pray that when we return everything will continue to be in order."

"Now any opinion?" Crystal finished saying to her 2 captains.

"None ma'am," Draus said, somewhat pale from her future duty and the consequences of it.

"I do, ma'am ... Ouch," Lier finished screeching as little Katherine, who was in his arms, was playing with her bunny ears.

"I hear you well."

"I'm just saying, is it okay for the little princess to embark on such a journey?"

"A reasonable doubt, I would not like it either, but I feel that due to many factors that this call could imply, I think that she would be safer with us than staying here."

"Well, understood, I have no complaints, and now that I think about it, with Yulio on board I think he will be more than healthy."

"You are right, and since I see that you care about Katherine's safety, you will be her personal bodyguard, besides of course taking care of your men."

"Thanks for the honor, my lady" Lier replied smiling but in her mind, he complained [whoever sends me to open my mouth, there are my ears that will be yours.]

"Well, with the main thing decided, let's go now with the details," Crystal continued.

And with that said, the meeting continued its course without any complications, deciding among other things, that the departure would be in a week, and once the meeting was over and only the adorable family remained.

"Umm, this meeting went well, well done Yulio for your collaboration," Crystal commented with the baby in her arms.

"But I practically didn't say anything," Yulio complained.

"And that is enough and plenty," Crystal smiled, teasing Yulio.

"Must see, will you ever stop teasing me?" Yulio said, smiling too.

"Umm, I guess when you stop saying cheesy and embarrassing phrases."

"Hahahahahaha" Yulio laughed after a moment of silence.

"Why are you laughing? You seem crazy, don't show that to the little one, who then imitates you," she said as she covered the little girl's eyes for a moment.

"Ahhfff, it is funny how well we got along, compared to a year ago, I feel like we're finally living a happy life."

"You..., again with your sentences..." Crystal said sadly and then continued "But you are somewhat right, a year ago, I only thought about negative things and how to survive, and now everything seems so happy, just I wish my parents were still here.

"Umm, don't worry, they must be happy seeing us from paradise, also, now that we are going to the capital, as we had thought before the meeting, that this would be the perfect opportunity to investigate the facts."

"Yes, you're right, but I doubt that everything is so easy, not to mention the suspiciousness of the letter."

"Take it easy, maybe it's just to promote ourselves after the battle with Monterio, and besides, you have me."

"I think you're overestimating your gift, I doubt it will work in the face of immediate death."

"And that's one reason I train with you and the soldiers."

"Yes, at least you do something, I have no complaints about it."

"Well, I guess it's about time to start the preparations."

"I concur."

And thus ended the conversation, the adorable family left the room to continue their work.

Then fulfilling what was planned, after 7 days, the lords of Desparamo, together with their daughter, settled in a humble float, led by a soldier, left in the morning, heading for the capital of the kingdom, sheltered by the rest of the 11 soldiers (including Nanny Emily and Captain Lier)

 

5