Chapter 9 – Eve of the party
130 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed without haste or glory for both families in the Funsei's home, who enjoyed these days calmly and happily, until the day of the party.

In these peaceful days, no major accidents occurred, except for the day the last member of the Funsei house arrived at the mansion, Yustio Funsei, who had been delayed because he was serving as captain of a unit on the borders of the kingdom.

Once he arrived, like his brother Yuler, he was surprised, by his brother, his new sister-in-law, and niece, but he held back just like Yuler, apart from that, his life in the mansion was passed with relative ease except of training with the men of Desparamo and Yulio, giving himself a pleasure to discover that these men were well trained as well as seeing an active side of Yulio about his training that he had not seen, so from time to time, he liked to do simulated duels with the.

These duels, although he almost always won due to his vast experience, but he was not bored at all and on Yulio's part he saw it mostly as a good game, without suspicions at all, since his goal is only to know how to defend himself keeping fit.

On the morning of the day of the festival, where all kinds of decorations and commercial stalls were already being prepared in the streets to start the festival at night, in the Funsei's mansion, the clash of wooden swords could be heard in the backyard, from a morning fight between Yulio and his brother.

"Take this," Yulio said, throwing himself at his brother trying to give him a slash, but his brother, Yuster, seeing the predictable movement, moved to one side letting him pass by and when he was next to him, he gave him a slight struck with his sword on the back of his neck.

"Ouch," Yulio yelled at this, then turned around with his sword in front of him in a defensive position.

"In real combat, this would be considered your death," said his brother and then continued, "you certainly have no talent for this, but I admire your perseverance."

"Hehe, what can I tell you, but I still want to keep improving."

"That's the attitude, okay, do we go on a little longer?"

But the answer to that question did not come from Yulio but from Martha who had just arrived a few moments ago and was waiting for a good moment to speak.

"Dear masters, lunch is ready."

Hearing this, both of them decided to stop their practice today and go to lunch as a family.

At lunch, as every day, everyone had lunch together in the dining room, where they took the time to talk about one thing or another, this time being the eve of the party, everyone was somewhat nervous and commented on how the party was going to be. party, something normal considering the situation they were in, but what started this normality was a comment from Mrs. Funsei at the end of lunch.

"Yulio, Crystal, tell me a little, I have a question in my mind for a while.

"Yes mother, what is it?"

"Yes, tell us"

"It's been several months since little Katherine was born, so my question is, what happened because you have not had another?

Hearing this, the couple turned red at the same time, due to shame and shame, that if it had been a little earlier and they both had much less discipline, they would be spitting out their food in astonishment.

On the part of Mr. Funsei seeing this, he shook his head in his mind and scolded his wife.

"Honey, I think you asked that question very hard, don't you think?

Who upon hearing this, reasoned a bit, and said.

"Ah I'm sorry, I suppose it happened to me since I had Yustio and Yuler for short periods, it seemed strange to me.

And before this apology, Yulio, having more confidence with her, explained a little.

"Don't worry mother, it just surprised us a bit and especially when we were talking about other topics, well to answer you, what happens is that we are taking it easy."

"Oh I see, well, I just wanted to know, but nothing," the indiscreet Mrs. Funsei finished smiling, giving it a strange taste at the end of lunch.

but this still fit within the normal, in these days of leisure, for which, after the hours this little incident was forgotten, giving way to more important matters, such as the party in the palace.

Everyone as the time approached, they were very nervous, but this did not prevent them from finishing their preparations with satisfaction, the whole family embarking, at good time to the royal palace, except for Katherine who, due to her age, was going to stay at home with care. of Martha, April, and the rest of the soldiers excluding Lier who was chauffeuring.

Upon arrival they had no problems passing and being received, reaching an anteroom waiting to be presented, which happened relatively quickly, the Funsei family entering first.

"You look beautiful tonight," Yulio praised his wife, who was dressed in an elegant blue dress.

"For the compliments you want," his wife answered, knowing her husband's intentions.

"Hehe, you don't seem to miss it," Yulio said, and then grabbed his temple hands resulting from his nerves and said, "I just wanted to relax, and tell you that I'm here and that this time it's going to be a good party."

"Uhu" Crystal agreed to her husband accepting his caresses, creating with this a moment of silence and tenderness between them, it hurts that the voice of the staff interrupted them, to warn them that they had to enter.

Thus, both, with a bit of sorrow, made their way through the great door that led to the great hall of the party, where they were received by an atmosphere of elegance, as well as the sight of many nobles as well as the new king who was at the background sitting on a throne.

But before entering this elaborate party, I was introduced as

"Your Majesty, ladies, and gentlemen, are entering, Baron Yulio Valirente and his wife Crystal Valirente, lords of the Desparamo territory and heroes of the battle of the final purification.

 

6