Chapter 19 – Invasion
118 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the morning of a cloudy day and at the edge of a forest was a spirited military camp, which was preparing for an upcoming battle.

It is in this camp, more specifically, in a large tent, where currently the commanders and directors of the army, were now discussing the strategy for the coming battle.

And among the directors, there were two highly relevant figures, Leryn the king of the nation, and Crystal Valirente, his partner Yulio being missing for the simple reason that he was only going to interfere.

"Well, I think that with this we conclude what we are going to do, you can now withdraw and I know that the gods are with us," King Leryn concluded the meeting and with this start the eviction of those present.

But it happened that before they started dating, the king spoke once more saying.

"Crystal, I would like you to stay together with General Auer, to discuss one last thing."

In the face of this proposal, this order, both individuals had no choice but to remain in their position in silence, until everyone else had left.

"Well, the hour is the general strategy, a very classic frontal attack for my taste, but we have to do something," King Leryn began the conversation.

"Now, well I have you two here to see if we can make another parallel strategy and this will depend on Mrs. Crystal.

"What are you suggesting, Your Majesty?" Crystal said in response.

"Please tell me Leryn ... well ... fortresses tend to have secret escape routes, I was wondering if you know if this one has one since it was built by your family."

"Umm, not really, because if not, I would have told you about his at the conference," Crystal confessed.

"I see, well, don't worry, maybe that's better, since we can skip a tedious meeting, well you can go and get ready since we'll be leaving soon," Leryn concluded this futile meeting.

After a few minutes of this conclusion, Crystal was now entering her store, and Yulio, who was inside preparing some things, received her saying.

"How was the meeting?"

"It was productive but rushed."

"And that? What happened."

"Nothing bad, this sometimes happens when we're in a hurry for the enemy not to flee or attack first, at least we could come up with a decent strategy."

"Oh that's good, can you tell me what it's like while we get ready?"

"Yes of course, although you will hear it later."

It turns out that the strategy consisted of something simple to get in front and break the main door with force and magic, and then invade the fortress.

But this could not be so simple, since it is anticipated that they were going to be bombarded with arrows and magic, making it like running over a minefield.

For this reason, it was thought of making 3 groups led and protected by the only 6 magicians they had.

And of these groups, Crystal, Leryn, and Yulio were going to be in the same group, whose job was to reserve their force to assault and infiltrate inside the fortress once they managed to cross the walls, while the other two contained the outsiders.

"How nice to let me be in your group," Yulio said.

"I thought that was what you wanted and you told me," Crystal replied, and then continued, "besides that, your gift would be useful to us."

Upon hearing this from his wife, Yulio could not help feeling appreciated, and he was even going to thank his wife for this gesture, but it turns out that an importunate voice from a soldier interrupted him by calling everyone to appear for battle.

"Well, it seems it's about time, Yulio," said Crystal, and then preparing to leave since like Yulio, they were ready.

But it happened that when she was about to leave, from her hand, she was pulled by Yulio towards him, to then receive a perfect kiss, which not even he thought would work, but he had to do it anyway.

Something had to do, as this could be the last time they would both be together and safe as well as the time, in which they both argued before parting ways in the battle of Desparamo.

"I love you, promise that you will take care of yourself even if I am by your side," Yulio said to his blushing wife, after separating from her.

"Yes ... I promise, you promise too ..." Without rejection or cons, Crystal accepted, since she thought the same as her husband.

"I promise," Yulio said, and then without more, spellbound by the heat of the moment, plunging into the lips of his wife, which he accepted with complete confidence, both of them being able to seal with this, a premature farewell for both, as well as giving themselves himself a blessing to success.

So with all these doubts and promises satisfied, both had left the store to face their destiny, both carrying a fierce conviction.

The conviction that would lead them together with their allies, to cross the minefield of the fortress.

Would take them, for Crystal to protect them from the endless rain of arrows or other projectiles, and for Yulio to heal and relieve them with his gift.

It would lead them to fight in despair, as they faced an ambush from the enemy, as they attempted to knock down the magic-reinforced door.

It would lead them to mourn their fallen comrades while wishing the best for others as they infiltrated the fortress.

It would lead them to be careful, for the fatal dangers that were facing and wearing them down, through the narrow corridors.

And finally, when they were only five, this conviction made them reach almost the top floor of the fortress, where they would be, the origin of their destiny and also the end of it.

"By the gods, why the hell do they have to be on the top floor," Yulio complained, walking in front of the group.

"We already told you, our dear magician, from above you can see the situation, and attack well from there, or you don't remember all those perfect shots at us while we were down," Crystal replied.

"Now both of you calm down, I know you're stressed, due to some misfortunes, but this is almost over," Leryn told them to calm them down.

"And whose fault it is, we have lost more than half of us, due to this strategy of yours, by not informing you of the number of enemies," Crystal replied to the king without regard.

"Well, I'm sorry that my infiltrated spy found us betrayed and given false information, besides you, the genius was there when we discussed the strategy, so you also have something to blame." The King tried to defend himself.

"Tch, right, but I still blame you," Crystal conceded.

"Now it is you two fighting, please calm down" Yulio tried to calm things down.

On the other hand, the other two, who were royal guards and who also had fortunately survived, they only had to see how these three titans argued and wait to reach the end.

But in the end, what has to happen, has to happen, just as happened with them, that even if they were exhausted from this costly battle, they could reach the front, of a door at the end of some staircase.

"This door leads to a wide and small corridor that joins other rooms, and the floor above, so we must be careful, perhaps our royal magician is waiting for us there." Crystal commented to prepare the others before entering.

And so it was done, all of them had entered slowly while being protected by a solid magic barrier, but this caution was met by nothing.

Nothing at all, they even searched all the rooms and part of the corridor that leads to the top floor and nothing, nothing at all.

For this reason, and only for this reason, it was decided to vanish the barrier, which required constant mental wear from Crystal, its greatest combatant.

"Well, even though this feels awful to me, I think we should continue," Crystal said, seeing that there was very suspiciously nothing here.

"I think the same," King Leryn said.

"As far as I know this is disturbing, but hey," Yulio also agreed.

And it was true, there was nothing where they were, if not from above, a place where they had only superficially scanned in search of traps and did not imagine, that the danger was higher, waiting for a slight signal, which was given in the opportune moment.

Thus, it was then, that the quintet, now unprotected, was surprised by an explosion that came and destroyed the ceiling above them.

Stones and dust immediately fell on them, hitting and mowing them respectively, but they were all warriors and had the means to fix them, or at least that's if it was just rocks and dust.

As it turns out, in the midst of the blast, even though their improvised defenses were still reflexively raised, hidden among the dust and rocks, were some thin but powerful stone spears, which ruthlessly aimed at them, inserting themselves without mercy. pity on 3 of them, the first 2 were the royal guards and the third.

"YULIO !."

Yes, it was Yulio, the most inexperienced of all, who was now unconscious on the floor, with 3 spears in him, of which the most lethal was in his heart.

And above him, she was crying and screaming, his wife, his beloved, who still had the sanity to raise a barrier for the two of them as well as withdraw the spears, in the hope that his gift would work.

"Yulio! Useless, wake up, don't you dare die."

"No ... please, no, don't die, how can you die, and leave me alone again."

"Please, please, wake up, useless fat man, you are the only person I have ever truly loved."

"I'm sorry if I insult you, is that, is that ..., I do not express myself well ... and you are very sorry..."

"Please, please, it's not that you were immortal ..."

"Come on Yulio, get up, please, don't die like a pig, you're already better than that ..., you were always better than that."

"So wake up, open your eyes."

"Wake up, wake up, look ... look ..." she said, stammering from crying, "I'm saying it ... you won, I love you, so wake up."

"You were right, me, me, maybe not at first, but little by little I was loving you, just ... I didn't want to give in, but I love you, I love you ... so please, please, wake up."

"Wake up at once!"

But in the end, he didn't wake up.

"YULIO!."

4