Chapter 21 – Truth
122 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In some gloomy room, somewhere in a fortress bathed in blood and debris, the truth of everything was about to unfold, the truth of how everything started, the truth of how everything developed and the truth of how it will end, and this truth , I start with just a question through the mouth of the person in charge of all this last act.

"Since when did you become suspicious?"

"I became suspicious from our first meeting, or you are going to tell me that your story of how you took power is very credible," said Katiuscria.

"I see ... well, in my defense, when you usurp a throne, it's difficult to make yourself look like the good guy, well, in my case, my father was already bad in himself, so that helped me something."

"You're going to keep telling lies about the king," Yulio said, considering things, he no longer cared about insulting Leryn.

"Well, well, let's clarify something, not everything in my story was false, and the fact that my father was a madman was not one of them, so would you like to know what really happened?" I end up asking Leryn in face of his two judges .

"And what do you gain from that?" Said Crystal, contradicting him, at this strange kindness on his part, despite everything.

"Umm, compression, maybe, look, don't take it the wrong way, but you know, even if you know that I am the culprit of everything, what you are going to do about it, since I am the King and I must say that I am very loved by many people, and These rebels are just the remnants of the previous corrupt regime."

"But we will know, and we can tell others and then ..." Yulio started to say, but..

"Calm Yulio, he has a point, and politics is anything but pretty, besides I haven't been able to detect anything magical here," Crystal interrupted him.

"Good that you understand, so where do I start, yes, my father was really a madman, and I hated him for killing my mother."

"I hated him, as I hated him, and that bastard still had the nerve to educate me in politics, to help his adorable Querin, which is disgusting."

"If that's not insanity, then maybe it could be called sadism."

"Well, I'm getting carried away, as a matter of obviousness, I was not going to be the lapdog of him or my stupid and spoiled brother, so like any conspirator who respects himself, I began to gather allies and do plans.

"And among those allies and plans was the Vicronia family and their attempted betrayal."

That truth, that fact, was now, after so many setbacks, something that neither Yulio nor Crystal could fully believe, in which case it only produced doubt and hatred towards him, being Yulio the one who could not help saying this.

"Liar, how you expect us to believe that the noble and loyal Vicronia family was going to betray the king, and now more so when we know that you've been lying to us."

But instead of antagonizing him the king, it was his wife when he said.

"Yulio, now, let him finish, and then we'll see."

"But Crystal, your parents"

"Yulio!" Said Crystal, letting her hatred out of a misdirected place.

And Yulio upon hearing this, could not help noticing that he was holding on, and could even see it, seeing his fists clenched with great force.

"Yeah ... I'm sorry, I got carried away."

"Umm, well, it's good that they held back, I was afraid ... but things are as they are, very few people are totally loyal and the Vicronias weren't one of these, especially when the king repressed them a lot, or you are going to say Crystal, that all those border wars were normal.

"It was because they were invading us," Crystal said reluctantly,

"In a sense, yes, but those invasions were caused by us, some dark deals here and there, and some provocations were enough for this."

"And all this, in order to earn some money and get rid of the Vicronias."

"But well, your parents were anything but weak and they stood firm, but weakened, so much war, so much insecurity, so many bandits, they make anyone temper, and at this point, I come like any tempting demon."

"Bastard," Crystal insult.

"I suppose my crazy father taught me well, but at least I keep my sanity."

"Anyway, up to now everything had gone well, I had people and a plan, I just needed to put it into motion after I returned from abroad, but my brother spoiled everything."

"Nobody suspected anything, not even my father, who among his madness was a conspirator, no, he was my stupid and spoiled brother, they don't know how much I enjoy cutting off his head..."

"I'm deviating ..., this brother of mine, he only had one task, to remain ignorant, but no, he had to fall in love with another and start investigating any excuse with which to break his engagement to you."

"And here he is, looking for a stone, he found a treasure, luckily for my plans, your parents did not involve me at all, they are great people, my respects."

"You're a bastard, you don't feel guilty in the least," Yulio said angrily.

"Of course I did, I didn't want them to die, how could I kill such valuable people, and especially being the parents of someone I've liked since I was little."

"How?" Said Crystal surprised, and her husband also shared this surprise, but it was also born in him, the unconscious action of standing in front of her.

"Yes, I like you, after all this, I've liked you since I was little, but what can I tell you, you were with my brother, and I couldn't do anything, just maybe, if everything had gone well, your relationship with Querin would end and you would be my wife."

"And hell I had an advantage since that bastard never loved you."

"But no, in the end, it happened, what happened, and when it arrived, I found out that my first plan failed and you were with a disgusting fat man, in some remote place, which is why in the end I made that third-rate magician do it. will try to kill.

"You ..." Crystal said with hatred, almost in her last years and about to attack him, but just as she stopped Yulio, now he was the one who stopped her.

"Calm, I want to hit him too, but I'm curious how this will end."

"Excellent, what a relief, thank you Yulio ..., and I'm sorry for ... trying to kill you ..., you know, the love makes one do crazy things, like what you did to save her, in a way I thank you for that, but that still doesn't change my hatred of you.

"Well, continuing, and going back a little, summarizing, after arriving and knowing all this, I began to put together another plan, but in the meantime, I needed to push my brother away for a while, I just needed an excuse.

"And fortunately, that request for your help came up regarding Monterio."

"Then, as you can see, everything went well, a few months after he returned, I put the plan in motion, and everything went well, I killed my father and my stepmother and became king, and my brother and his wife, the Capture them to serve as bait, for the last remnants of the previous king."

"And here we are, eliminating the waste, and me lamenting my failure to kill Yulio, anything you want to ask?"

"Yeah, how you managed to get everyone together, I doubt Querin would help," Crystal said.

"Simple, his wife and son held them, hostage, he may be a brute, but at least not an insensitive one, look, she has a necklace that will explode at my command," Lery finished saying while pointing to Litia's necklace.

"Why did you kill him?" Yulio said.

"I already told you I hated him, besides he could give away my plan, although that was useless in the end."

"Why this place?" Crystal asked.

"I wanted to cheer you up with this nostalgic gesture.?"

"Bastard."

"I do not deny it..."

"Hey, what are you going to do with her?" Yulio said, pointing to Litia.

"I have nothing against her so I give them to her as a gift, I don't know, maybe they would like to kill her for provoking her situation in a certain way."

"But in any case, her identity will be erased, you know, succession issues."

"Any other question?."

"One because you called us here," Yulio said.

"Think, this would not be a perfect gift for Crystal to end everything, and for me, a good place to kill you, but you have to see that you are tough."

"One last question, why did you say this plan was failing a long time ago?" Crystal asked.

"Because even though I had men inside, I didn't expect some of them to betray me and that there were more rebels than planned, at least that stupid wizard did his thing, by the way, what happened to him?

"I killed him," Crystal said with hatred and coldness.

"Yeah ... well then, I suppose this would be all, one feels light, to tell the truth, right? Now, The question remains, which will be us who now know the truth."

4