Chapter 2: A Christmas Blessing
119 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aliya: Welcome back my Love... Why is the paper bags few and where's your jacket?

Jhon: Sorry dear, a little was in the middle of a cold winter so I have to help her, she's very cold and so I must help her.

Aliya: Poor girl, why didn't you invite her here?

Jhon: Well she might have a parent nearby just searching something to eat, and they might think I'm kidnaping... Huh?!

Jhon was shocked when he saw a girl with white hair looking at the kitchen window, when he blinked his eyes it was gone.

Jhon:(Is that a spirirt?... No no no... It must be just a snow.)... Eek!

He saw it again and planned to outside and check it closely.

Aliya: What's the problem?

Jhon: I don't know, ready the food, I'll just check something for a sec.

He walk outside with a shovel on his hand ready to swing, she feel danger and hide behind the chopped firewoods and keep quiet, Jhon pass her unnoticed and went back inside.

Aliya: So did you find something?

Jhon: I think that there really is someone but I don't know where?

Jhon: Let's just ready for Christmas.

Aliya: Love?

Jhon: Yes?

Aliya: Do you thin we can have a baby this year's christmass?

Jhon looked at her, Aliya's expression looks depressed, Jhon hugged her.

Jhon: I hope.

Aliya: What if it's not?

Jhon: Then we'll adopt one when we find one.

Aliya cried on Jhon's shoulders feeling hopeless, Jhon hugged her tightly

Aliya: I want a child with us together, celebrating Christmas, New Year, Birthdays and more. Why didn't they blessed us a child, why?

The girl felt the sadness and went out of the firewoods, she saw a window on top the firewoods, she stepped on top of the firewoods and started peeking once more, that time Aliya saw her with her very eyes, the orange eyes, the hair white as snow, and the face of lonely. The firewoods collapse where the girl was standing and she fell from the thick cold snow.

Aliya: Oh my!

Jhon: What?!

Aliya: Get a dry towel, there's a little girl outside!

Jhon: Really?!

Aliya: Hurry!

Jhon run inside their bedroom and get some warm towel while Aliya goes outside and look for the girl, she found the girl crying, she have a bruise on both legs, her eyes are closed and her hands are shacking from cold.

Aliya: Don't cry, I'm here to help. (Why do I fell heavy? This type of temperature is really bad she's cold!)

Aliya carry her all the way inside the house, Jhon saw the girl and wrap her some warm towel.

Aliya: The place is sure warm but her clothes are cold, take those clothes off for now, I'll clean it. Don't cry it's alright.

Jhon: I'll clean her clothes, treat her bruises before it bleeds.

Jhon took the girl's clothes and head to the laundry while Aliya was treating her bruises. The girl calmed down but her eyes are still closed.

Aliya: Does it hurt?

The girl nods.

Aliya: Don't worry, it'll be fine in a minute. (She's so cute, I wonder if her parents left her, I feel sad when it really is.)

Aliya touched her cheeks and the girl shed some tears.

Aliya: Oh don't cry I'm so-

Girl: Mama...

The girl hugged Aliya tightly.

Aliya: Mama?... ... No I'm not you mother.

Girl: Mama...

The girl hugged her very tight to show her affection to Aliya. Aliya was about to cry.

Aliya: But you just got here, you might not see me, look at me.

The girl opened her eyes and looked at Aliya to her eyes.

Girl: Mama!

The girl still hugged her after she looked Aliya.

Aliya: Mama? But why me?

Jhon walk inside and saw the girl was hugging Aliya, the girl saw Jhon and run towards him careless that she's naked and hugged him too.

Girl: Papa!

Jhon: What?!

The girl looked at him and Jhon recognized those orange eyes, the same eyes as the girl who's fighting the cold winter to live, he didn't recognized her from the hair because she covered herself with cloth.

Jhon: Y-You're the girl back there! Are you the one that's following me?

The girl nods at him, she hugged Jhon and din't let go.

Jhon: I brought you some of my clothes when I was little because you'll catch a cold if you're still naked.

Jhon and Aliya changed her clothes and feel the warm all over her body. The girl showed a little smile at them that soften Aliya's heart.

Aliya: Can we? I'll call her Jela.

Jhon: I think it's a huge problem if we took someone's child.

Aliya: But can we celebrate Christmas with her?

Jhon: You can't just name someone... *sigh*... Just this day, and we must find her parents tomorrow.

They agreed and ready the decoration as the girl roam around the house.

Jhon: Watch your step, you might get tripped.

The place was all decorated and prepared, it was not over decorated but a simple and calm appearance, the only thing left was the star on top of the Christmas tree.

Jhon: So it's time to put the star.

Aliya: Instead of me or you putting the star, why don't we let Jela put the star.

Jhon: So you want to make a small change.

Aliya: A small change can be a huge change for the two of us. With Jela here, I feel like we're a big family already, her smile was very special to me, and I want to see it just this day.

Jela was laughing and running around the place, her smile was truly special from bot Jhon and Aliya.

Jhon: (So this is the feeling when you have a child, even if it is not ours, a child that likes you is child that always look at you like a family.)... Okay, let's make a huge change this Christmas.

Jhon carry Jela from her waste and Aliya gave the star to her, Jhon lift her and put her to his shoulder and go near the tree, Jela was  struggling but she successfully put the star on top of the Christmas tree.

Aliya: Merry Christmas!

Jhon: Merry Christmas, Jela!

Jela: Merry... Christmas?

Jela remembered the fireman saying "Merry Christmas" back when she was still a baby and the same as the what the Head of the Orphanage said when she grow. Jela started crying but the atmosphere was not heavy, Jhon and Aliya tapped Jela's back to calm her down. Aliya, Jhon and Jela celebrate the Christmas together happily.

Dave on the other hands escaped by doing a fake death and now he's tracing Jela by her magic.

Dave: I hope you're alive and still alright.

4