Chapter 3: A Growing Flower from the Cold Snow
107 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was in the middle of the night when a call got on both Neo and Vale that the girl escaped from the lab and Dave was killed, Vale and Neo rushed to the lab.

On the other hand, it was already night, Jela was sleeping between Jhon and Aliya, they stare at Jela's cute face.

Aliya: She's so cute!

Jhon: I know, but tomorrow we must find her parent.

Aliya: I understand.

Back at the lab.

Neo: WHERE THE HELL IS THE GIRL!

Neo was raging in anger and destroy the table.

Guard: Professor Dave was chasing the girl when we were being pushed by a strong air, when we reach professor he was dead.

Vale: Fuck it! We must find the girl! (A scientist died and a live specimen escaped!)

The next morning Jhon wakes up early to ready the breakfast while both Aliya and Jela are still asleep, Jela and Aliya was hugging each other.

Jhon: They look cute... (But I never see a white hair in my entire life, is this girl lacking in melanin?)

Jhon goes to the kitchen and open the fridge, it was empty, Jhon thinks of going shopping so he get the car keys and head in a mart to buy.

Jhon: That's weird, I just remembered that I buy last night... What the!

It's Christmas Traffic.

Jhon: Dang it! I will just walk... *sign* I hope that Jela and Aliya is still asleep.

Jhon turn back and walk back inside the car to get his jacket.

Jhon: ...... I forgot that I left it outside with Jela...

Aliya: Good morning. *Yawn*... What's the breakfast?

Jhon: Well, nothing left in the fridge nor the canned foods, every food was just gone.

Aliya: Then let's go shopping.

Jhon: I don't think that we have much money to spend, we'll only buy what we need. (Still it feels weird. It can't be Jela because we saw her sleeping.) And if we're going to shop then we have to walk because it's Christmas traffic today.

Jela walk towards them as she wipe her eyes.

Jhon: Good morning.

Aliya: Good morning Jela, do you have a nice sleep?

Jela nods.

Aliya: Can you speak?

Jhon: Of course she, she even say Papa and Mama even Marry Christmas-

They looked at Jela and she shakes her head as a "No".

Jhon: What?

Aliya: But can you understand us?

Jela nodding at them.

Jhon: (That's weird, she looks special, but now she looks suspicious... But I can't judge her only because she can't speak and only makes sounds.) Well, are you coming with us? We'll go on a restaurant instead for breakfast.

Aliya: But you just said that we don't have much money to spend?

Jhon: Nah I'm just kidding, besides, we're going to find her parent after breakfast, and her parent might still be nearby. So change your clothes and get ready.

Jhon and Aliya wear their outdoor clothing while Jela used Aliya's clothes when she was still a kid.

Aliya: It really fits you, you look like me but white hair! So Cute!

Jhon: It's not that cold anymore so not wearing jacket isn't a huge problem

They go outside and start walking. The bright open sky, the melting snow, last night was like a cold winter, now it is a warm spring.

Jhon: Finally a warm Christmas.

They walk on a Orphanage house, one of the caretakers must've recognized Jela and Jela recognized the caretaker too.

Caretaker: My dear, thank you so much!

Jela hide behind Aliya blocking the caretaker, Jhon looked at the caretaker and asked her.

Jhon: Do you know this little girl?

Caretaker: Yes, she's the missing girl here, she runs away because she was being hurt but her fellow orphans, she was all alone when her guardian died after a bus accident... Oh! You opened your eyes.

Jhon: Why?

Caretaker: She never opened her eyes even once and we're afraid that she might get hurt when walking to stairs.  But mostly thank you for taking care of her, we thought she was lost.

Jhon: So you're alone...

Jhon and Jela look each other, Jela's eyes were telling that she don't want to go back even her grip was much tighter when they get near the Orphanage.

Jhon: Can we adopt her?

Caretaker: You can but first you must sign some papers so that you are legally her guardian, come with me.

After few minutes later the papers are now signed and Jela was officially their daughter.

Caretaker: Be nice with them okay? Your name is now Jela, I hope you have a happy life. 

Jela nods at her and the caretaker chuckles.

Her fellow orphans looked at a open window seeing Jela the girl that they hurt have parents now. Four years inside of Orphanage, two years caged by scientist, but now she have parents, the spore has finally grow from its parent's soil.

Aliya: So that means that Jela will be our daughter now?

Jhon: Yes, she'll be our dream child and we're never gonna let anything happen to her.

Caretaker: Well then, congratulation Jela, I'm proud of you that you keep fighting. You're a special girl.

The atmosphere get light and warm, Jela started to cry because of happiness and hugged Aliya and Jhon, they go outside of the Orphanage as Jela waves her hand as a "Good bye" from the caretaker.

Caretaker: Take care dear.

Jela showed her warm smile at them not just for happiness but also a sign of thank you.

On top of a building, Dave finally found Jela.

Dave: Well you've finally chosen your guardians, they don't look very strong but I think their bond is, I think it's time to send you back... What the! It can't be!

A van was coming and Dave sensed that Vale, Neo and the hired guards are inside the van.

Vale: Finally I found you little brat!

Neo: Keep your eyes on the target but don't let them feel our presence, we can't let this girl away.

Dave: It's looks like sending her back is not an easy task.

Dave jumped down the building while using his illusion magic to make him invisible and ready for a confusing distraction.

3