Chapter 9 – A New Threat
262 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hours of fierce battle between the SDF Soldiers and zombies, finally the gunfire stopped.

Tommy had by now recovered after Akane helped remove all the bullets stuck in his body and decided to have a look what's going on. He also still wanted to get his hands on several guns. 

As Tommy and Akane walked out of their hiding place, they saw the soldiers huddled up in a circle. 

Apparently, they were out of ammo. The two tanks were crashed nearby and the men looked exhausted. 

There were still several zombies walking aimlessly around, and the soldiers had found out that if they kept quiet, the zombies could not see them in the dark. 

The men pounced on a few of the closest zombies, each time 2 men took on a zombie and slit it's throat and stabbed it's skull with their knives. 

Tommy decided to approach them again. Now that they faced the zombies, maybe they would believe him and they would fare better if they worked together. 

Tommy approached the soldiers with Akane with him. 

She easily killed the few zombies in their way and were soon facing the soldiers, with only a few meters separating them

Just at that moment, Tommy felt a chill up his spine. The men all went on high alert too as something felt very very wrong. 

"Where did this mist come from?" Tommy wondered

By the time he realized it, the whole area was covered in mist and visibility was so low, he could barely see the soldiers nearby and could only see everyone's silhouettes.

*Thud*

A zombie not far away suddenly fell to the ground, it's head missing.

Everyone turned to look in that direction when suddenly one of the soldier's head also flew into the air, his neck shooting out blood like a fountain and the head landed in his fellow soldier's hands

The soldier wanted to scream but the soldier next to him closed his mouth. 

*BING*

Tommy looked at Akane who seemingly blocked a strike that would have taken Tommy's head. 

Moment by moment, more and more zombies and soldiers died while Akane managed to block several strikes aimed at both herself and Tommy!

 However, no matter where he looked, he couldn't see anyone. 

Finally, the last soldier dropped and Tommy made a dash for the soldier's guns while Akane covered him. 

*BING*

Again Akane blocked another attack. 

This time, Tommy held a shotgun in his right hand while he had a handgun in his left. 

"Found her!" Akane suddenly said and disappeared at frightening speed

*BING* *BING* *BING*

Akane and the new enemy clashed at superhuman speeds and all Tommy could see was a blur. 

*BLAM*

Tommy fired his shotgun. 

A beautiful woman appeared, dressed in a black dress. A huge hole could be seen where her right temple was

But the hole seemed to be ethereal as her flesh seemed to be made of mist and the injury closed up. 

"Interesting. A man who can hurt me!" she said as she smiled. 

"Tommy is mine!" Akane said jealously and charged at her

They engaged again, but this time Tommy had gotten used to their speed. 

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

Tommy fired his handgun and each bullet pierced the woman's body, putting holes in her palm, in her shoulder, in her forearm and her thigh. 

Each time, she was crossing blows with Akane, the bullet stopped her movement, allowing Akane to slice her body as the bullets created holes in her. 

She looked frustrated and as she pretended to slash at Akane, she immediately charged at Tommy. 

Tommy shot both his handgun and his shotgun, the first shot making her miss her attack on Akane, allowing Akane to slash her hand creating a large gash.  

The shotgun blew a large hole in between her legs, causing her to scream in pain. 

She stood still, looking at both Akane and Tommy angrily. The wounds on her body closing up like a thick mist. 

Just then, the first ray of sunlight shone through the sky and the woman frowned and hissed. 

Then, she vanished with the evaporating mist. 

"What the hell? Was she a vampire?" Tommy wondered. 

Akane stood silently, frowning and looking at the spot where the woman disappeared. 

Tommy sighed and together with Akane, they walked back to the dead soldiers. Zombies were approaching from afar, attracted perhaps by the smell of blood. 

Tommy quickly picked up all the weapons he wanted and both of them ran off, heading towards the Olympic stadium which they could see from afar. 

As they walked towards the Olympic village, they stopped at a nearby shopping mall to get clothes. They were both practically naked as Akane's clothes had been sliced off by the vampire woman, while Tommy's clothes were shot to bits and were less than rags now. 

She shops were abandoned so they had free reign to the whole place after clearing out the few zombies wondering inside.

Tommy decided to wear loose fitting clothing, opting for jeans and an oversized soccer t-shirt. 

Somehow unsurprisingly, Akane chose to wear a traditional red and black motif yukata. However, she opted for sneakers like Tommy as they were fighting and running alot. 

They walked to the empty food court and Tommy decided to get something to eat. Although the place was empty, luckily this was Japan, and there were plenty of vending machines. 

But he had no money!

He smashed a vending machine that dispenses canned drinks and used the money in that machine to operate the other machines that apparently prepared and produced fully cooked meals!

He brought two bowls of ramen for the both of them and two cans of some sort of fruit juice. 

Tommy slurped down the noodles and fully enjoyed the meal, but as he looked up, he noticed that after taking a bite, Akane stopped eating. 

"Is anything wrong?" he asked

"I need... meat" she said.

"You mean... like human meat?" Tommy asked

"I'm sure you taste as good as you look, but I still remember that cannibalism is unacceptable" she said as she stood up. 

"I taste as good as I look? Is she joking?" Tommy gasped looking at her as she walked away from the table. 

He watched her as she walked into the supermarket nearby and in a short while, she brought out several packages of raw beef and lamb as well as a carton of eggs. 

She sat in front of him and ripped open the packages. She picked up a slice of raw beef and started eating it!

Piece by piece, she ate the raw beef, then lamb, then she cracked the eggs and emptied them into her mouth!

Watching her eat the raw meat gave Tommy a sympathetic stomach ache, but Akane looked fine. 

Then she tried to drink the fruit juice but spat it out. She went and took several bottles of mineral water and downed them instead. 

Tommy was relieved that she wasn't drinking blood and counted his blessings that he didn't have to feed her human flesh and blood.  

As they left the small mall, Tommy couldn't help shake the feeling that they were being watched the whole time. 

And he wasn't wrong. A pair of sultry eyes watched them depart from the shadows as they left in their quest to go back to the Olympic Village

6