You Say It’s A Spy? I’ll Give You A Spy
2.9k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She hit the wall with the heel of her palm and forced her power pulsing into the wall. The faint blue aura climbed speedily, flowing up the wall.

<Break>

The water from the remains of the tea suddenly sank into the wall. Moments later, the wall shattered apart like glass, the bricks that were wet crumbled into broken pieces like crumbs from bread. The result was quite similar to what a 7th-grade magic user would do, or in this case: a possible make-believe high-level spy.

"If you say it's a spy, then I'll give you a spy. Let's see how you will explain this one to the Crown Prince. Actually, I wonder just how long you can keep your head," Hongyue laughed mockingly. She deliberately trampled a section of the grass and made her way to the entrance of the manor childishly.

She picked up a rock and tossed it outside the manor as if she was playing catch with herself. The door guards stared at her actions, disgusted.

"My rock went out the door. Help me get it," She squealed mindlessly like a child. The disgust in the guards' eyes grew.

"Go get it yourself, you useless trash." One of them motioned to the rock.

Hongyue nodded and ran out. Her goal accomplished.

Once she was out of sight, she chuckled to herself. What was this? Shouldn't they at least try harder to contain her inside? She was still considered a miss of the manor. Whatever the case is, she'll make sure to come back in time to watch the show. For now, she will need to cultivate in order to heal her shattered soul.

Her eyes narrowed slyly. Whenever she used her own powers, she could also feel something else, slightly reacting to her power. Maybe, this body wasn't trash but didn't show any signs of power due to poison? If that were the case, she'd have to see what surprises she'll get when she gets rid of the poison. She walked her way slowly through the street, musing.

"Herbs! Herbs for sale!" A loud call sounded out.

Hongyue turned back curiously. In front of her was a middle-aged man dressed in grey waving his hands about to get buyers. She walked over to his stall and studied the herbs in front of her. The seller stared at the young girl in front of him, she wasn't dressed in anything overly fancy, yet her eyes oozed confidence.

"Does young miss want to buy anything?" He greeted politely.

Hongyue glazed up at him, "That depends. Do you want to buy anything?"

The herb seller laughed. Who was the one doing the business? Him or her? He does sometimes buy. However, he only brought herbs of the highest quality.

"What a sharp mouth! Do you have any herbs to sell?" He remarked.

"How much are you willing to give?" Hongyue asked carefully.

The herb seller suddenly looked sharpened. Did she really have something to offer? He stared hard at her, but he couldn't sense any powers in her at all.

Frowning, he carefully asked, "Are you trying to buy herbs...or loyalty?"

Hongyue grinned, "This seller certainly isn't simple. I want to buy both."

"What do you have to give?" The seller inserted back.

Hongyue didn't answer; instead, she studied at the herbs in front of her. Seeing she didn't respond, he didn't ask again. A smirk started to crawl up her face as her mind began to turn. She reached forward to picked up a single dry stalk of herb that laid on the dirt ground near his stall.

"I want just this. Can you give it to me?"

The herb seller laughed freely, "Take it, take it. Free of charge."

"Thank you. Next time I come what you lack is what I shall give."

With that said, she left.

The herb seller gazed down at his herbs and frowned. He called forward a servant to take his place, and he disappeared as well.

-------------------------

After a while, Hongyue finally ceased walking to focus on locating a source of water. Her body pulsed faintly with energy, and she gradually opened her eyes. She continued on her way and ended up in a swampy forest outside the market. Nearby, she could sense an abundant source of running water.

She smiled.

Trailing slowly, she found a river running toward the south with clean and sparkling water. Hongyue bit her finger and watched the blood ooze out from the wound. A drop of blood fell into the water, and suddenly a section of water stopped moving, seemingly contained by an invisible force. She took out the rock from earlier and drew an ancient enchantment on the surface, using her blood to stain the surface. She then dropped both the stone and herb into the division of water.

One of Hongyue's eye strangely turned blue as she constructed a circle using both hands, in the air.

<Bind>

The rock which once had no power at all suddenly glowed with a blue aura. The ancient enchantment faded into the rock disappearing from sight.

<Give>

The rock exploded underwater, but the newly given power with aura was restrained within the barriers of water.

<Nurture>

The water with the scattered aura suddenly rushed into the root of the herb. Nothing seemed to happen until the dry leaves suddenly unfurled and started to grow. In the blink of an eye, a level 0 herb plant become a gravely rare level 10 plant. Somewhat satisfied, Hongyue reached for the plant and tucked it inside her sleeve.

"Hm. I lost my touch but this will have to do."

Reaching down, she cupped a handful of water and threw it towards the sky. Swiftly, she drew ancient runes on the palm of her hands and swirled in a full circle spreading out her influence. A slightly silver power suddenly pulsed out from her body and rushed into the air filling the circle she swirled in. The water that should have been falling down abruptly froze in the air and started to develop into shapes.

Hongyue tilted her head while she thought of a valid design before she gave a twist of her hand. The water hardened into a hair stick made of ice enhanced with pure white flowers.

"All set, time to go back and watch the show," She muttered.

55