Angering Him 2
2.5k 2 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pfttt.

Both Hongyue and General Wei turned to discover the culprit to be the Third prince. Hongyue lowered her head before clinging on to the general. Startled, the general tried to push her away. Hongyue lost her balance and tumbled back. The third prince caught her just before she touched the ground.

He glared at the general.

"This is your way of caring for the future princess?"

General Wei felt his scalp prickled in fear.

"T-this...no...I..."

The third prince scowled at him before stuffing a pill into her mouth. "Get the doctor! What if she's injured."

The general promptly yelled at nearby servants to get the doctor before politely gesturing for the prince to sit down at a nearby stone table. He grabbed the pot of tea from a tray a servant brought over and quickly poured it out for the prince.

Hongyue was still in the arms of the third prince, she struggled weakly before a dark smirk crept up on her dirtied face.

She still hadn't forgotten about the tea incident her father took part in.

It's about time to pay him back, is it not?

She stared at the pot of tea and forced her power of influence to spread out. Since the pot was not on any surface, she could only spread her power out into the air to control the liquid.

Hongyue felt a familiar tugging on the tips of her fingers and swirled her pinky. Instantly, the tea inside the pot heated up, the handle became searing to the touch. General Wei dropped the teapot in pain. The tea spilled over and sped out towards the third prince.

The third prince's eyes flashed before he curled his hands. A wall of fire leaped out from the empty ground. Before the tea could touch either Hongyue or the prince himself, it all evaporated. Hongyue's eyes widened in astonishment. She stared intensely at the prince before she let out a piercing wail.

Slightly startled, the third prince soon realized something. Playing along and gently smoothing Hongyue's dirty hair, he remarked, "Look at what you did. You frightened her. I heard from my royal brother about how unique your manor's teapots were...", He glimpsed at General Wei with amusement, "I suppose it was true."

"Father!" Chunhua ran over.

The second miss cupped his burned fingers eagerly, but she squeezed too hard, causing the general to grunt in pain. He pushed her aside lightly. His light action didn't pass the third prince's stern eyes.

Chunhua pouted.

She fancied the third prince and was attempting to put up an act of gentle, sweet girl. She peeked at him, shyly and advanced towards him.

Her eyes turned to Hongyue, and she drove down her disgust as she thought up a new plan.

Chunhua walked over and stretched her hand out to comfort Hongyue. Hongyue ridiculed this second sister of hers but kept a stupid appearance.

Before Chunhua's hand could even touch Hongyue, her right hand abruptly had a mind of its own. It struck down harshly across Hongyue's pale cheeks.

Hongyue screamed out in pain.

Chunhua stared at her own hand in disbelief.

"I-I..."

"Escort the second miss, and the third miss back to their rooms!" The general ordered.

What was Chunhua doing? Didn't she know how badly it reflected on him? His mind was in a panic, why was this Chunhua ruining his plan.

Chunhua turned in disbelief, "Father, I want to stay. I didn't mean to hit her."

General Wei scowled at her angrily. Even if she didn't, the handprint on Hongyue's face told a different story. Two servants quickly came forward and supervised Lan'er and Chunhua towards their own residences.

The general shifted his attention to Hongyue and planted a small smile on his face.

"Hongyue, my child. Your second sister didn't mean to hit you."

Hongyue nearly rolled her eyes. Of course, she didn't; Hongyue had controlled Chunhua's hand to injure herself.

Feigning to be a sweet white lotus in front of her? Please, she can perform even better.

Hongyue cupped her cheeks, and her eyes instantly swelled with tears. General Wei was lost for words, what was he reckoned to do now?

"General!" A noisy servant hurried towards him. General Wei felt relieved at the servant's interruption before giving a curt nod for him to continue speaking.

"This... the second miss and the third miss are battling against each other again. This servant doesn't know the reason, but the garden is..." the servant glanced at the third prince quickly before continuing, "..unstately."

The general wanted to slam his head against a wall. Why was it so hard to follow out his plan just for a day?

He nodded to the prince, "Please excuse me. I'll be right back." He swiftly ran after the servant to the garden.

As the general left, the third prince watched the crying Hongyue entertained. "Are you done pretending? Do you intend to anger him to death?"

Hongyue's loud wails stopped in an instant. She looked at the third prince curiously, "Not yet. If he does die in the process, it'll be even better."

She couldn't help feel this character was strange. Why was the third prince so set on defending her when he knew she was pretending anyway?

She broke free from his arms and wandered over to the area where the dirtied bun was. Hongyue picked it up and sniffed it. Grimacing, she bit into it. The third prince raised his eyebrows.

"It's poisoned."

Of course, it was.

But to spoil such a personal gift from her second sister would be rude, wasn't it?

Hongyue proceeded to munch down on the bun. Once she felt her tongue paralyzing from the poison, she returned back to her spot and smiled coldly at the prince.

"This type of poison wouldn't be able to kill me."

51